[ROM] Liquid Community ROM Froyo 2.0

Guest LCR_Team

Guest Chewy11
First returns on 1.1 patch are guite good (more free ram and smoother with better battery life), release will be soon (maybe tomorrow if i find time). All LCR settings translations will be integrated. System wide translation will be provided later as i still have some problems with them

YA MAN!!!

This is good news, I absolutely loved the LCR-F 1.0....1.1 well I'm excited.

Spent the last 10 days on stock Froyo leak with Acer UI4. That notification bar rocks my android world. Any chance we could request an attempt at patching it into LCR1.X. Or mod UI4 to be used over LCR-F1.X....

This Malez is my top wish, after FM radio.

Last night I flash the MIUI...Then XIAN's ROM....Went back to LCR!!, I wish there was a way to flash back to stock Acer Froyo without reflashing bin, Ideas? (nandoid, yes )

Merci encore pour un support hors pair (Malez-Vache- et tout les brains TEAM-LCR)

Did I see recovery 0.6.1 ??? in your Modaco signature :P

Guest rafbryant88

Good ROM. I flashed it yesterday and it seems very fast and smooth. But after installing it i had problems with the Market, where I could't install any application because i could't download them from it. Today the problem solved itself. Now Market goes good. But I think there's some problem with Wifi. Anytime I turn on wifi it doesn't connect automatically to my network. To connect i have to manually scan for network in wifi settings and then it connects. Please solve this! Thanks!

Guest sonique

@malez :

do you plane to add Radio FM support (from xian1243) in futur LCR ? did you try it (or someone here) ? Does it really works ?

best regards, thank for your work !

Cédric

Good ROM. I flashed it yesterday and it seems very fast and smooth. But after installing it i had problems with the Market, where I could't install any application because i could't download them from it. Today the problem solved itself. Now Market goes good. But I think there's some problem with Wifi. Anytime I turn on wifi it doesn't connect automatically to my network. To connect i have to manually scan for network in wifi settings and then it connects. Please solve this! Thanks!

Does anyone else have this ?

For me wifi connect automatically about 10-15 second after i turn wifi on. (wpa2 network)

@malez :

do you plane to add Radio FM support (from xian1243) in futur LCR ? did you try it (or someone here) ? Does it really works ?

best regards, thank for your work !

Cédric

I have not tried it yet

+1 for the wifi problem.

For me wifi connect automatically about 10-15 second after i turn wifi on. (wpa2 network)

I have a similar behavior on a wpa2 network, It connects only after 1 or 2 minutes, but if I go to "Wi-fi settings", it connects almost immediately after turning on wifi. With 1.8.2.2 I didn't have this problems with wifi (this one and the other mentioned earlier:

I can't connect to my university wifi, in the connection configuration menu "EAP method" "Phase 2 authentication" etc, I need to select MSCHAPV2 for the network to work, I select it, it tries to connect and fails. When I try to edit the configuration (long press ssid) it changes my "Phase 2 authentication" to "None" instead of the MSCHAPV2 that I need, I think the OS is not saving my input and is trying to connect without this option

I've attached the log for this "MSCHAPV2 problem", at the moment I can't send the log of the "long connection time".

I hope you can sort this out :P

A1 256 - baseband 05.01.04

log_zbrin.txt

Edited by zbrin

I have that problem too. It connects (faster) only in the wifi settings activity.

I have that problem too. It connects (faster) only in the wifi settings activity.

Ok i will have a look at this. planned to work on UI full customization but will work on WiFi first. If you have the problem and are able to test during the next few hours, please tell me (as i unfortunately don't have the problem. I think I have solved it but must confirm)

Edited by malez

Guest rafbryant88
Ok i will have a look at this. planned to work on UI full customization but will work on WiFi first. If you have the problem and are able to test during the next few hours, please tell me (as i unfortunately don't have the problem. I think I have solved it but must confirm)

I am able to test it during next hours malez..

Guest MisfitGeek

Allways worked fine for me.

Switching on from power widget when at home.

Few secs after wifi icon appears on notification

Arrows beside G/H/3G icon disapear.

Browsing, syncing and all the rest is thru wifi...

Sorry : WEP security, but with restriction based on mac address.

Edited by MisfitGeek

Guest simoneser
Allways worked fine for me.

Switching on from power widget when at home.

Few secs after wifi icon appears on notification

Arrows beside G/H/3G icon disapear.

Browsing, syncing and all the rest is thru wifi...

+1

Guest Chewy11

WIFI is smooth for me here, there where some connection issues for me after any ROM flash with no wipes done, in recovery I now use wipe data/factory, wipe dalvick-cache, wipe cache, before any ROM flash, NOT for a patch tho...hope this helps.

Guest KeruDoitsu

No wifi connection problems here nor anything else =)

The whole rom is great, only missing the Acer UI (could you try to mod that? *-* )

Great LCR Team! :P

Guest fortelux

me too noticed a problem with the wifi, when i flash the leak and rom everything is fine, but if i restore a nanodroid back up, the coupling to the network is about 1 or 2 minutes.

Guest thedicemaster

i'm having some problems getting froyo apps2sd to work.

i'm used to phh's froyo which has a "move to sd" option in the info screens of installed apps.

because the settings app in lcr apparently doesn't have a move to sd button i installed some app2sd apps, but all of them cause an FC in the settings app when trying to move something to sd.

correction, and a little warning: apparently the acer stock theme uses a slightly different settings apk, which is missing the froyo apps2SD feature!

i switched back to the default theme, and it brought back the move to sd option.(don't like the default theme's battery icon :P )

Edited by thedicemaster

Worked on UI customisation : to extract some parts of the Acer UI.

For the moment i am able to change status bar position / type / notification type / lock screen type. Still unable to change dialer and have to find a way to integrated all in a clean way.

Im have a problem with language...Didn't come with Chinese character...all display square box...

Do u have any chinese software install it...

Send me an apk please, so i can test

Guest simoneser

Can't be volume be louder? It seems to me that even stock bin volume is higher than LCR-F :D

I'm trying Sense ROMS and it's damn loud: love it!

Or it's kernel-related?

Thank you :P

Edited by simoneser

Can't be volume be louder? It seems to me that even stock bin volume is higher than LCR-F :D

I'm trying Sense ROMS and it's damn loud: love it!

Or it's kernel-related?

Thank you :P

It depends on what sound you are talking about. Yes volume max level can be modified in kernel. Concerning sound louder in stock rom, that is wrong for sure but it look s like some notification sound are recorder at lower level than others.

What sound are you talking about ?

Edited by malez

Guest KeruDoitsu

Malez you're my hero! *_* (and the whole LCR Team, of course =) )

Can you tell me which files I have to edit to associate an android behaviour to a specific softkey instead?

I.E. I'd like to make it so that when I long-press on the search key, by default the screen locks up (this is just an example).

I'd be thankful for any help and short explanation :P

Anyway great work *-*

Guest simoneser

Malez, I've to report you some things about LCR Settings (probably you have already seen them):

Touch sensitiviy: if you customize it and apply on boot, it isn't applied on boot but returns to 20/50

Add option to push a bootanimation.zip directly from LCRSettings/bootanimation folder

Switch between cameras: i've seen you included two cameras apk, but we can't switch between them