[ROM] Liquid Community ROM Froyo 2.0

Guest LCR_Team

Guest Delnar_Ersike
Delnar, what is your opinion on Smartbench 2010?

I hadn't heard about Smartbench 2010 until you mentioned it, and giving it a couple test runs, I can say I definitely like it better than Quadrant, if for nothing else than for separating graphics benchmarks' scores from CPU benchmarks. And judging by how similar my scores were to the average ones of a Nexus One running CM, it's probably pretty accurate as well. IMO, it's a good overall benchmark (aka Quadrant replacement), though the graphics benchmarks are still a little "pure", if you know what I mean.

Back to LCR 2.0: judging by how some people are complaining about different bugs and performance issues, I think I'll stay with my little Frankenstein setup of T&L + thepasto's OC'ed package + koudelka's performance patch extracted from the 4.003.17.AAP.FET patch.

Guest MisfitGeek

Malez, you're great ! Download done... will flash when I had some "quiet" moment.

Just to be sure and avoid to do bad things (and lose time):

* I'm currently under 4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_Pass_protec + LCR 1.1.2

* I use ext2 partition on SD, set with malez recovery (512mb) and all apps on it

Step 0/ I downed the LCR 2.0 but it seems I need also to down last leak (4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A), so done. As someone wrote Acer issue a patch. Do I need it ?

Step 1/ Sure that first thing is a backup... Is nandroid sufficient or do I need other kind of backup?

Step 2/ Preparation... Do I need any wipe thing before installing acer bin? Please keep in mind my Ext2 on SD

Step 3/ Installation... Bin should be by acer procedure, and LCR 2.0 by flash tool (this seems more clear for me).

About all settings in my apps, or saved games (yes, angry birds or else), how to be sure I won't loose them? Nandroid? (always my ext2)

Sorry for all these newbies questions. But I prefer this way as an endless game of "let's try one more time" at 3am...

And maybe it could help other newbies...

Guest Winston Ma
You should disable it using Lcr-Settings -> Scripts: you will find the option to filter ads!

cu

Thanks but I wonder why adfree is not working on 2.0.

It used to work on 1.1.2.

EDIT: It works now. Sorry for the post

Edited by Winston Ma

Guest mabar81

Can someone post AOSP contacts with gingerbread theme? I really love usability, but I don't like blue icons (settings icon in menu doesn't work)... Thx

Malez, you're great ! Download done... will flash when I had some "quiet" moment.

Just to be sure and avoid to do bad things (and lose time):

* I'm currently under 4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_Pass_protec + LCR 1.1.2

* I use ext2 partition on SD, set with malez recovery (512mb) and all apps on it

Step 0/ I downed the LCR 2.0 but it seems I need also to down last leak (4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A), so done. As someone wrote Acer issue a patch. Do I need it ?

Step 1/ Sure that first thing is a backup... Is nandroid sufficient or do I need other kind of backup?

Step 2/ Preparation... Do I need any wipe thing before installing acer bin? Please keep in mind my Ext2 on SD

Step 3/ Installation... Bin should be by acer procedure, and LCR 2.0 by flash tool (this seems more clear for me).

About all settings in my apps, or saved games (yes, angry birds or else), how to be sure I won't loose them? Nandroid? (always my ext2)

Sorry for all these newbies questions. But I prefer this way as an endless game of "let's try one more time" at 3am...

And maybe it could help other newbies...

1) nandroid should be enough

2) you ext2 will be wiped during lcr installation, so you can backup you apps using titanium backup to be able to restore them after installation.

3) bin with acer download tool and LCR with malez recovery

The safer way to be able to restore all you apps it to backup them before starting any migration procedure using titanium backup

dialer aosp does not work

i have switched to AOSP dialer, then back to acer dialer. No problem

I anyone has a gingerbread themed dialer, it could be integrated in next pach (same for fixed Barecode Scanner and performance boost)

Edited by malez

I think not, and it would take time to integrate and test it...

Will try to integrate it but it will take time. It is in patch format so original, non optimized file are required to apply

If anyone has a nandroid backup made on (base bin + original patch) and can provide it, i will gain time.

Thank you

Edited by malez

Guest bellanano

Malez, an annoying bug.

When in handsfree call the volume can't be set by volume keys, the displayed bar is working but the volume still remain the same.

Hello Malez & all,

After I flashed this ROM, I found that Autokiller Memory Optimizer is not really working. (Not freeing RAM)

Then I tried to flash older version of Superuser (method 1.1 & 2), AMO worked afterward but the phone became very laggy. (Free RAM actually).

Anybody know why?

Is it caused by the differences between android 2.1 & 2.2?

Thanks!

Kenelm

when i do a 15min of call the bottom-back of liquid is very hot... other have this "problem"?

the radio is original acer or is cooked? i lost the connection to my provider sometimes, but i don't know if it is the rom o the provider, other have this "problem"?

my provider is Wind, IT.

thx,

Qwewq.

Edited by qwewq

Guest Dario93
Hello Malez & all,

After I flashed this ROM, I found that Autokiller Memory Optimizer is not really working. (Not freeing RAM)

Then I tried to flash older version of Superuser (method 1.1 & 2), AMO worked afterward but the phone became very laggy. (Free RAM actually).

Anybody know why?

Is it caused by the differences between android 2.1 & 2.2?

Thanks!

Kenelm

Well,under froyo 2.2 is STRONGLY recommended not to install Autokiller,it will throw down your performances and will drain a lot of battery. In fact Froyo automatically kills not-needed apps ;)

when i do a 15min of call the bottom-back of liquid is very hot... other have this "problem"?

the radio is original acer or is cooked? i lost the connection to my provider sometimes, but i don't know if it is the rom o the provider, other have this "problem"?

my provider is Wind, IT.

thx,

Qwewq.

I also have the heating problem,but this happened also on others froyo stock ROMs.. same thing for the loss of 3G connection,happened on ALL the roms I tried so far

Guest thedicemaster
Well,under froyo 2.2 is STRONGLY recommended not to install Autokiller,it will throw down your performances and will drain a lot of battery. In fact Froyo automatically kills not-needed apps ;)

I also have the heating problem,but this happened also on others froyo stock ROMs.. same thing for the loss of 3G connection,happened on ALL the roms I tried so far

autokiller is not a task killer, it's a tool that let's you change how low your ram needs to be before the task killer built into android starts killing stuff.

Guest Dario93
autokiller is not a task killer, it's a tool that let's you change how low your ram needs to be before the task killer built into android starts killing stuff.

Well,so I apologize for my b*****it ;)

Guest edhunter666

Just a heads up, for me the camera was unable to take pictures when the tweak "Next song on camera" was enabled.. Strange..

Otherwise, good working ROM so far.

Edited by edhunter666

Guest fear_factory84

you can change manually settings editing startup init scripts by malez on lcr. in particular the script is in /system/sbin and it's called something like autokiller.sh.

Thanks LCR team. I flashed it and my Liquid E went very smooth, I like gingerbread theme.

Only one problem that when I use headset and enable the Dynamic Range Compression, changing music track would cause a explosion sound (using musicmod app).

Wish next patch would fix it, thank you ;)

Edited by nick34