[ROM] Liquid Community ROM Froyo 2.0

Guest LCR_Team

Same problem here, both with acer dialer and aosp.

Another thing, changing from acer dialer to aosp and viceversa doesn't ask you for reboot and do it automatically. Apart from that, both work.

Automatic reboot on switching AOSP/Acer is normal (if it would not be done, you would see immediate FC).

Concerning call volume, i am investigating (at leat volume is high by default)

fantastik ROM

it's perfect, only one bug is for volume call,

but otherwise is perfect, fast, stable and complete. the best

thanks

liquid E user

Edited by vekkio

Guest TheodoreTBag
Automatic reboot on switching AOSP/Acer is normal (if it would not be done, you would see immediate FC).

Malez & Vache you were sensational !!!!! :)

my experience in two days:

- bluetooth working perfectly;

- GPS perfect, and wanting to keep the dealer can included, simply do not use carmode

- WIFI - HSDPA - 3G - all edge works best

- I have a liquid 512 MB and I am free 317 - EXCELLENT

- linpak = 26 MFLOPS

- As regards the touch screen, I noticed a little heavy, so I changed it 20/25, now you can tap with your fingernail, it is a splinter!

- battery power is normal, so if you smanetta the battery drops dramatically, but if you use a task killer, only when you need wifi, gps disabled

the battery lasts as other smartphones .. normal!

- the camera is a crazy cool!

insignificant little bug for me:

- the call volume that does not vary

... who uses it to call the liquidE?? ;)

Well, that's all!

Guest bellanano

Did You see log file on bugtracker ;)

Thanks Malez your rom is very fast!

Guest sunshine333

Extremely fast and incredible battery life. What's up with the spinning disc in the market? Is that a rom issue or market version issue? I could have sworn it was not a problem on the roggin's 2.3.

Guest Dave_DE

Hi,

when I want to flash "4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A_256" bin file, I get the following message:

unbenannt8oy7.jpg

Can I proceed or is something wrong? I got the "old" Acer Liquid 256MB.

Thanks for your help!

Dave

I had that on FroyoMetal 2.75 to...

So it is a common issue, damn...

EDIT : to be more precise. Volume change is ok during the ringing sound when you place a call but not when other side has answered (during the call itself)

Edited by malez

Extremely fast and incredible battery life. What's up with the spinning disc in the market? Is that a rom issue or market version issue? I could have sworn it was not a problem on the roggin's 2.3.

Market star / spinning disc is an acer framework bug. It appears on all roms with acer framework.

Guest Borkata
Hi,

when I want to flash "4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A_256" bin file, I get the following message:

unbenannt8oy7.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Dave

If you are using bbfans version I think it was ok. If you don't want to risk find and use mcboy's.

Guest andoyanna
Hi,

unbenannt8oy7.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Dave

I also got that message but i ignore it and everything went ok!

THANKS LCR Team especially Malez for this ROM! ;) :) :D

Hi,

unbenannt8oy7.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Dave

The bin file you are trying to apply is not the righ bin file.

Flash this one http://lcr-team.org/v1/index.php?site=files&file=30

4.002.14-EMEA-GEN1

For your information Liquid E bin file can be falshed even on a liquid ferrari

Guest matthewye
could you give me the url that does not display well, please ?

You can try to enable additional fonts : LCR Settings / Apps and addons / addons / Additionnal fonts

Keep me informed

Thank you for your reply, Malez. I have installed the extra fonts but my browser, contact and apps are not displaying Chinese. They show the Chinese words as squares. I remember that one of the previous version of LCR has the same problem.

For websites, try www.google.com.cn or finance.yahoo.com.hk

I look forward to getting the fix.

Cheers,

Matt

PS I changed to the included Blue-theme (first one on the list), would this affect the display of Chinese?

Edited by matthewye

Guest treyguitar

Ok I redo the process (wipe, flash leak, flash lcr, ecc..) and now no longer reboots on those calls.

But people I call to (or that call me) say that audio quality on their side is bad (my voice seems metallic), by my side instead audio quality of their voice is good. Thoughts?

Malez have you tried this driver for multitouch? Multitouch fix beta , from video seems it works.. at least a little ;)

Edited by treyguitar

Guest jnemeth
prox sensor still has problems, disable it.. I think it's a kernel driver issue or framework issue due to acer..

Thanks for the hint but how to disable it?

And if I disable it how to stop calls? Always wake up the phone first? And during call, I randomly push some buttons, specially "End call" button which is not a big fun when talking to a Customer of mine. ;)

Guest HustlinDaily
Thanks for the hint but how to disable it?

And if I disable it how to stop calls? Always wake up the phone first? And during call, I randomly push some buttons, specially "End call" button which is not a big fun when talking to a Customer of mine. ;)

I haven't had any problems but if you disable it, you can quickly press the Power button to turn the screen off and press it again to turn the screen back on when you are done with the call (at least thats how I used to do it on the old PHH Froyo ROMs).

Edited by HustlinDaily

Guest HustlinDaily
It's better than froyo metal 2.75?

Based on my past couple of days of using this coming from FroyoMetal, I would say yes. Both are amazing ROMs but I just prefer the overall user experience of LCR.

Both are based on 4.002.14 and both have the updated metal camera app along with DSP Manager. The speed of this ROM is around the same (maybe a little faster, if so, can't really tell, both are smooth) as FroyoMetal (imo). Also LCR has easier integration of Apps2SD/Dalvik2SD/Data2SD (I only use Apps+Dalvik and the script I used on FroyoMetal did not have the option of Dalvik)

But one thing LCR has which I have yet to see any other Acer-based ROM even come close to is LCR Settings. Such a brilliant app. Easily remove stock apps, the awesome tweaks, easily check space of SD partitions, easily apply themes. LCR Settings alone makes it the best ROM for me.

Edited by HustlinDaily

First off, Big Thanx to Malez and Vache for this sick ROM. Of course a big thanx to all the other guys who helped.

I have a question that probably is pretty simple..

Started using the gingerbread keyboard that is included in the ROM and it was really nice. What amazed me was that it was already set on Swedish (my language), wich suited me perfect.

But when I was playing around in the keyboard settings I went into the "input language" setting and to my surprise, there were no Swedish to pick. And since then, English is the language on the keyboard and I can't find a way to get it to Swedish again.

Anyone got an idea?

Great rom! I was just curious as to why the "Dalvik cache on SD" and "Data on SD"-options and are greyed out!? Thanks

Edited by mangeh

hey guys thanks a lot for this ROM!!!

Everything works fine as usual it's areally good work!!

Question: is it possible to insert or install the openvpn modules (tun,ko)? If so where can i find it?

Thanks!!

Guest TheShak

Hi Chaps,

Got a bug with this great Rom. When you try to export contacts to SD card, using the Phone option I get

" Failed to Export contact Data

Could not initialize the exporter: "The Uri vCard composer received is not supported by the composer.""

So I can't export contacts... ;)

Any ideas how to get this to work?

Thanks

Guest mabar81

Hi, I modified original LCR AOSP dialer by simply updating icons with original Android ones. These look way better with gingerbread theme.

I noticed than AOSP dialer has a bug with settings and group/ungroup icon, but I fear this is caused by Acer framework, right?

Often contacted (I'm translating, I don't know if it's the right label) group in favourites tab doesn't seem to work, I only see one contact (never called), the last of contacts list.

Just one question: why I have to use LCR version of AOSP dialer, as CM or similar are not recognized when I copy them into /system/apps folder? Which is the difference between versions?

Contacts.zip

Thanks for the wonderful rom!

It works well so far. I'm also curious why the "Dalvik cache on SD" and "Data on SD"-options and are greyed out in the LCR settings.

The battery percentage decreased only 4 percent under 9 hours yesterday night.

Many thanks for Malez and the LCR team!

Thanks for the wonderful rom!

It works well so far. I'm also curious why the "Dalvik cache on SD" and "Data on SD"-options and are greyed out in the LCR settings.

The battery percentage decreased only 4 percent under 9 hours yesterday night.

Many thanks for Malez and the LCR team!

Tonight mine decreased of 1% in 7 hours (with airplane mode). Maybe you got something running in the background.

This rom is great, everything works perfectly (except volume during calls).

Very smooth. Great job LCR Team! =)