[ROM] Liquid Community ROM Froyo 2.0

Guest LCR_Team

Guest fragmat
This stops when I used the ext2 function from Malez recovery.

It's here? Partition/repair sdcard -> SD:ext3 to ext2 ?

They Say run 'fs ext3toext2' via console!

When I use console they say "Permission denied"

My Market don't work to (((

Guest fibberhk

I feel laggy after install LCR2.0, when comparing it with orginal android 2.1, is it normal?

is it really not recommend to install task killer apps with Froyo 2.2, if yes, why LCR2.0 still included task manager in default?

one more question, I found that both volume button is not function when pressing in home screen or using apps like youtube with LCR2.0, is it my setting or it is a bug?

thanks if anyone can answer me.

Edited by fibberhk

I feel laggy after install LCR2.0, when comparing it with orginal android 2.1, is it normal?

is it really not recommend to install task killer apps with Froyo 2.2, if yes, why LCR2.0 still included task manager in default?

one more question, I found that both volume button is not function when pressing in home screen or using apps like youtube with LCR2.0, is it my setting or it is a bug?

-I use ADW launcher, and it doesn't feel laggy for me.

-I have a 256MB Liquid, it is absolutely good thing to have a task manager.

-The volume bottons are working for me, just checked for you at the home screen and in the youtube app.

Task killers aren't recommended, you can find alot about it on google.

You can use a task killer to kill an app that's causing a problem. But wouldn't use it just to clear the ram.

I don't use it and my phone is running smooth.

Guest MisfitGeek

No task killer for me too. 256Mb, but I'm using the Ext2 partition, so it makes far more space I assume.

There's tons of debate about task killer or not... As soon my phone works great without...

No lag or other except after being on big web pages. I think it takes a bit of time to clear space used.

Only issue I encounter is just after booting. All is fine but if I try to use my phone too quicly after having enter pin code, I get a FC from Launcher pro. Did anyone encounter such issue?

By the way, battery drain is very good. Only few minutes of voice calls, light usage of data (1-2Mb per day + a bit of wifi), no long time to play games and at the end of the second day battery indactor shows about 30% jiuce remaining. And yes still no task killer, but juice defender installed.

Guest TheodoreTBag
Hi Malez,

I had to disable the new audio codec because I noticed that they log a lot and caused low memory killing of background apps when I listen to music via ad2p. Music was aac, low complexity 96kbit. Using alogcat there is a lot of output. It could be useful if I send you that output?

Switching to the old codec fixes the problem. What I loose with the old codec?

Call volume with speaker and headset doesn't work with and without old codec.. that's a confirmed issue, but I've not understand what changed between lcr-f 1.1.2 and 2.0.

Acer has fixed the rating star issue on lates liquid metal rom (released 1/2/2011)..

but ultimately, if I installed the patch volume, I have to disable the new codec?

Guest sundawg

The Best RoM i've ever seen till date.Gives me 123 hours thats about 5 days.with lite usage few phone calls 3 hours of wifi few minutes of voip calls and some videos of 15-20 minutes, i cant believe even the stock rom never went past 3 days in stand by.with lite usage.appreciate the effort by LCR-F team esp Malez.Thanks again

I am working on performance increase. Rom seems even smoother than 2.0 (specially acer UI and dialler). Other fixes/improvements will be included

Unfortunatly i have not managed to fix market rating star (not yet). I don"t have a lot of time.

Edited by malez

Guest sundawg
I am working on performance increase. Rom seems even smoother than 2.0 (specially acer UI and dialler). Other fixes/improvements will be included

Unfortunatly i have not managed to fix market rating star (not yet). I don"t have a lot of time.

Great News Malez looking forward for your new update,Thanks again for sucha blazin rom :P

Guest MisfitGeek

Happy to read your still on performance improvements! You're talking about Acer dialer? I love it, but I noticed that when calling from favourites list, the dialer didn't respond to the first "tap", even when I tap a second time, nothing comes. I have to do long tap and choose "call" from menu. Not a big deal, but...

Happy to read your still on performance improvements! You're talking about Acer dialer? I love it, but I noticed that when calling from favourites list, the dialer didn't respond to the first "tap", even when I tap a second time, nothing comes. I have to do long tap and choose "call" from menu. Not a big deal, but...

And i will have to do my today's work again to fix market rating. If i can"t do it this week. It will be in 2 weeks (holidays)

Guest ravendagrey
And i will have to do my today's work again to fix market rating. If i can"t do it this week. It will be in 2 weeks (holidays)

I just wanted to thank you malez for opening this world for me I've been using LCR F 2.0 as my daily and havent found one issue yet (Acer Liquid E) This is the fastest and most stable rom I've seen thus far, hell it's way faster and more stable then the Roger's Official Acer Froyo Rom, and now you are working on performance improvement's!!! I wish I had the knowledge to do this and would offer my help, Thank you so much!!!!

Guest Winston Ma

Thanks Maltz. As the Liquid E Froyo source is released, are you going to add OC on the next release? Thanks

Guest fpbasilio
The Best RoM i've ever seen till date.Gives me 123 hours thats about 5 days.with lite usage few phone calls 3 hours of wifi few minutes of voip calls and some videos of 15-20 minutes, i cant believe even the stock rom never went past 3 days in stand by.with lite usage.appreciate the effort by LCR-F team esp Malez.Thanks again

also on lcrf 2.0 but i can never get past 1 day without charging except if i totlly ignore my fone for a day.

but then again it might be because i use it as an mp3 player for about 5hrs a day. :P

Thanks Maltz. As the Liquid E Froyo source is released, are you going to add OC on the next release? Thanks

I hope to have OC, MT fix, compcache, ramzswap, swap, ext4. Could be good. Not sure I will have time now

Guest fear_factory84
I hope to have OC, MT fix, compcache, ramzswap, swap, ext4. Could be good. Not sure I will have time now

Malez, you should only compile latest koudelka or thepasto kernel tree (they are on github). They have all hardware working, you should only change vmsplit to 2g.

They have analyzed acer source and there is nothing too much exciting on it..

Guest fpbasilio

some things on lcrf2.0 that im having trouble with

1.with "next song on camera" enabled on lcr settings, theres no way to shoot videos using the camera since tapping the screen doesnt work and the camera button doesnt work. still photos work ok by tapping the camera. unless im missing something

2.when i go to "apps and add ons" in lcr settings, if i uncheck an app, it uninstals it, but when i tick it again to reinstall it, it says:"not enough free space in /system partition. switching to data mode" but when i check free space in "data storage options", there is still some space left in /system. is this normal?

3.Im getting a lot of app crashes. for example, i run the default browser and view a webpage with some flash content, and after a few seconds app crashes(without any errors) and takes me back to the home screen.

4.Laucnher pro almost always has to restart loading the shortcuts and widgets whenever i come back to home from an app. and takes about 15sec to load everything up(which is annoying) is launcher pro or adw launcher better? in terms of less memory used

thanks

Guest eiben_robert

I have no advice for 1 or 2.

Topic 3: main issue is lack of RAM (I suppose you have Liquid A1 with 256 MB RAM). When accessing a web page heavy on flash the browser will be "killed" by android as the RAM use exceeds the max limit. I also have this issue and I could not solve it completely. If you do NOT need the flash be sure to change in the browser settings "Plug-ins" to "On demand"

Topic 4: I think in launcher pro settings you can set "Memory persistent".

As an alternative you can use a ROM which allows swap (IE MIUI or Roggin's CM6.1) but

- they generally do not have full HW working. The DEV's are advancing with this but there is still no 100% stable, 100% HW working.

- it is debatable whether your user experience will improve with using SWAP. Android will use the swap on your SD card for background processes instead of killing them BUT overall it would run slower due to paging on the slow SD card :P

Regards

Guest fpbasilio
I have no advice for 1 or 2.

Topic 3: main issue is lack of RAM (I suppose you have Liquid A1 with 256 MB RAM). When accessing a web page heavy on flash the browser will be "killed" by android as the RAM use exceeds the max limit. I also have this issue and I could not solve it completely. If you do NOT need the flash be sure to change in the browser settings "Plug-ins" to "On demand"

Topic 4: I think in launcher pro settings you can set "Memory persistent".

As an alternative you can use a ROM which allows swap (IE MIUI or Roggin's CM6.1) but

- they generally do not have full HW working. The DEV's are advancing with this but there is still no 100% stable, 100% HW working.

- it is debatable whether your user experience will improve with using SWAP. Android will use the swap on your SD card for background processes instead of killing them BUT overall it would run slower due to paging on the slow SD card :P

Regards

Thanks very much for your reply!

I noticed thay If I have the "keep in memory" ticked iñ launcher pro, it helps a bit on the launcher gettingkilled issue. But worsens the browser getting killed issue.

Oh well. :-)

Guest fear_factory84
Thanks very much for your reply!

I noticed thay If I have the "keep in memory" ticked iñ launcher pro, it helps a bit on the launcher gettingkilled issue. But worsens the browser getting killed issue.

Oh well. :-)

tuning lowmemkiller could help keeping alive browser (foreground app), but all the other apps and services would be killed.

I usually use Asphone, an im app that open a service. If I do some heavy browsing asphone service is killed, browser not. But that's bad for asphone........................ :P

I was experimenting with cm7 enabling swap AND compcache (64 mb, 32mb + 32mb!), but still I can't tell you if it's better or not under heavy use. For general use is by far smoother..

Guest edhunter666

Lately i have had big problems with various keyboards, it keeps crashing all the time (process input method). I have not had this error before, only thing i can think of that i have done differently is to enable apps2d in recovery.

Any ideas?