[ROM] Liquid Community ROM Froyo 2.0

Guest LCR_Team

Guest sette7nani

there're a lot of other froyo and GB roms... why continue to use lcr?

if you like the acer based try the fear factory custom rom.

if you just need a stable, fast & fully working rom try the cm6.1.1 by gnufabio

I found LCR-F the best froyo rom.

Guest vikings123

sup with lcr?

will we see an LCR-G? or maybe just an update for LCR-F since gingerbread didn't bring noticable goodies^^

+1

+2

+3

• 2 weeks later...

Malez, are you on way to develope some upgrade of your LCR ?

Maybe i will porivde on OC kernel with swap support and upgrade LCR Settings to support it . I did a lot of work on framework too but as it is not fully tested and it is a long time since i have not worked on it, i won't provide it.

Guest thirtytwodave

Maybe i will porivde on OC kernel with swap support and upgrade LCR Settings to support it . I did a lot of work on framework too but as it is not fully tested and it is a long time since i have not worked on it, i won't provide it.

i am running LCR on a liquid e using this kernel choco-acer-kernel-110527-1501 runs ok some times it doesn't wake up but thats it

Guest Willem van Oort

Hello!

i'm currently running the LCR-E on my device (

liquid E,

Baseband version A1-04.02.01,

Kernel version: 2.6.29-LCR

APN version: 1.1041-2,

Product-sku EMEA_CUS2,

CPU vendor: Qualcomm

Speed from CPU 768,

Version of cpu: 8250,

Rom size: 512

Ram size:512

)

but i want to upgrade this to the LCR-F, my question is if this is possible on my device, and IF something goes wrong can I put everything back to the old state with a Nandroid-restore?

hope to hear soon of anyone of you guys(A)

Guest Willem van Oort

flashed over the LCR-E 1.8.2 but it keeps showing me the red froyo screen when i boot it and i can't get past it, any ideas how?

or is my phone incapable of having froyo?

Guest Pi3rluigi

flashed over the LCR-E 1.8.2 but it keeps showing me the red froyo screen when i boot it and i can't get past it, any ideas how?

or is my phone incapable of having froyo?

My suggestioin is:

- backup your system and apps data with Titanium

-restore the device to stock froyo using the Acer official installer or flashing a .bin file

-apply Malez recovery

-fash LCR-f 2

After I have installed some newer rom, I go back to this one and whath I have described before was the only way to overcome the flashing eyes of the droid from a nandroid restore.

It takes 1 hour but surely you will have a clean install!

@ Malez please update the rom!!!!!

Edited by Pi3rluigi

• 4 weeks later...

Dman, due to a modaco but, I had to rewrite all the first post from a google cache page !!! Lost time just to add the 4shared link to LCR-F 2.0 :(

What king of upgrade would you like to see ? Jumping to gingerbread does not seems to be possible without a leak, except if i recompile from source but don't have enough time for this. But I could add some features in LCR Settings, upgrade some apps, fix some bugs.

What would you like. Another way shuold be to join another team (as i am alone) to offer my experience and skills but I don't know if they would be interested. Contacting them directly would be incorrect. I am not "the man" who offer helps. For me LCR Settings is really a good application I could upgrade and adapt. Let's see... I don't move.

Edited by malez

Guest Pi3rluigi

Dman, due to a modaco but, I had to rewrite all the first post from a google cache page !!! Lost time just to add the 4shared link to LCR-F 2.0 :(

What king of upgrade would you like to see ? Jumping to gingerbread does not seems to be possible without a leak, except if i recompile from source but don't have enough time for this. But I could add some features in LCR Settings, upgrade some apps, fix some bugs.

What would you like. Another way shuold be to join another team (as i am alone) to offer my experience and skills but I don't know if they would be interested. Contacting them directly would be incorrect. I am not "the man" who offer helps. For me LCR Settings is really a good application I could upgrade and adapt. Let's see... I don't move.

I really appreciate your work, I think is the better froyo based rom with an optimum battery saving (on my wife Liquid it last 36/40 h).

Wath I mess from gingerbread is the selection of text with cursors, I'm not sure this can be do with some app also on froyo.

Guest akira.pwr

I only need speed, my Liquid is a bit slow with most of the rom, I don't know why, but that's it.

Do what you feel to do, man, we are happy to see you at work. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Guest fear_factory84

Hi malez,

the best rom nowadays is liquidnext, we have most of sources, I think you could join thepasto and suxsem.

Acer roms have too many unfixable bugs (for example see fear_4.008.08 thread, my last post..)..

Another thing that could be improved and has no alternatives is your recovery. Maybe a cwm port could be wonderful.

My 2 cents..

I really appreciate your work, I think is the better froyo based rom with an optimum battery saving (on my wife Liquid it last 36/40 h).

Wath I mess from gingerbread is the selection of text with cursors, I'm not sure this can be do with some app also on froyo.

You use selection with cursor with the swype keyboard.

I only need speed, my Liquid is a bit slow with most of the rom, I don't know why, but that's it.

Do what you feel to do, man, we are happy to see you at work. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Liquid does not have an hyper speed CPU and is missing RAM. You can try an overclocked kernel but it will use more battery