Is there any chance to fix the keyboard text entry lags, using the hardware keyboard?

Guest albireox

Guest albireox

Hi,

This is probably because I'm a pretty new Samsung Omnia Pro user, but I noticed the text entry using the hardware keyboard lags quite a bit when you try to type a little faster. That would not be a problem if all the letters are actually typed, but, as I noticed, some of them are skipped, so after I write a sentence I realize I have to go back and correct some of the words. Unfortunately this happens with all the firmwares I tried so far with the Omnia Pro (and there are quite a few) and in all situations, when I write a SMS or when I edit a word document, etc.

Is there any fix for this?

Thank you,

Ovidiu

Edited by albireox

Guest albireox
there was a trick that we used for the xperia x1, dont know if it will work with our b7610...this is for the standard winmo sms/text application. Check out the link and try it out yourself (i havent, my b7610 is in the repair shop :-( )

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=581901

Thank you for the info. I edited the thread_sms.htm file, unfortunately the problem is still not solved. I guess is something related to the keyboard drivers because the problem is not just with the sms writing but with all text entered using the hardware keyboard, no matter what program do you use. The only thing that seems to help somewhat is to write slower :) .

Guest daskalos
Thank you for the info. I edited the thread_sms.htm file, unfortunately the problem is still not solved. I guess is something related to the keyboard drivers because the problem is not just with the sms writing but with all text entered using the hardware keyboard, no matter what program do you use. The only thing that seems to help somewhat is to write slower :) .

Edit this on the registry

HKCU\ControlPanel\Keybd

Initial delay set to 250

Repead rate set to 30

Guest albireox
Edit this on the registry

HKCU\ControlPanel\Keybd

Initial delay set to 250

Repead rate set to 30

Thank you Daskalos. I searched the registry and the values indicated by you were already set. Shoud I decrease them or leave them as they are.

Guest daskalos
Thank you Daskalos. I searched the registry and the values indicated by you were already set. Shoud I decrease them or leave them as they are.

Ok try to change initialdelay to 775

Guest albireox
Ok try to change initialdelay to 775

It seems a little better with the new value, after a few quick texts in Word, but still, I'm not sure, I'll try more today and keep you posted. Thank you again Daskalos.

Guest Freezy1982
It seems a little better with the new value, after a few quick texts in Word, but still, I'm not sure, I'll try more today and keep you posted. Thank you again Daskalos.

Are there some news for us? Did you try some other values?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest reinPnoy

i have the same problem, i guess all b7610 users do, i have changed the initial delay to 775, but the lag is still there, it always skip a letter and it's quite disappointing.. i hope there's a solution for this problem :P)

Guest barki82

also try to change Repeat rate to 23

so one more time:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Keybd

"InitialDelay"=dword: dec 775

"RepeatRate"=dword: dec 23

Edited by barki82

Guest reinPnoy

i tried the delay 775 and repeat 23, it's better, but still there are skipped letters eventhough i pressed the keys properly.. something is terribly wrong with b7610 keyboard,

Guest ashwin Bhagwandin

hmm, overclocking does solves the issue with my B7610 :) , however i turned overclocking off because it drains my battery too fast :)

maybe you could try that, also disabling the damn samsung crap solved my issue a BIT