Wifi or mobile data plan

Guest bushfire

Guest bushfire

Guys...a stupid question - in Android 2.1, if both WIFI and mobile data are enabled, and I browse websites etc., how does the system pick the connection? Will it always use WiFi because it is cheaper or is there a default setting somewhere?

My device is GT540, just upgraded to Android 2.1 :-)

Guys...a stupid question - in Android 2.1, if both WIFI and mobile data are enabled, and I browse websites etc., how does the system pick the connection? Will it always use WiFi because it is cheaper or is there a default setting somewhere?

My device is GT540, just upgraded to Android 2.1 :-)

Never used GT540, but from my previous experience on two different devices, WiFi is prefererd over 3G/GPRS. So if you get a WiFi connection, the OS should automatically disconnect from your mobile connections. But if your phone went into sleep, you might get disconnected. then when you turn the phone on again, it might get confused and start using your mobile connection

Guest add.thebad

it will always use wi fi over network if it is avaliable

also you can turn off data through network compleatly in settings - wireless and networks - mobile networks

and this will stop your phone connecting to the mobile internet at all but think you will still make and receive calls