CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest whackster

Ok, here's what's working for me, sorry can't provide any logs now, tomorrow I'll try to get them

- Rotation works! :)

- Wifi can't connect, still says unkonwn MAC

- a2sd says that the partition isn't mounted, and I flashed the OC kernel, what else needs to be done?

- I guess the froyo a2sd method still isn't working, only on CM6 I get a reboot when I install an app, tried changing CM settings, no luck.

Keep up the amazing job you are doing!

The new rom is uploading now. It should be done in 10 minutes. The first post has been updated with the link and changes added to the change log.

It still needs the firstboot script off userdata, so you will lose 3G if you flash system without userdata. That will hopefully be fixed for the next release (and then I will provide update.zips instead of images).

Guest lilim_ac

I am using the first beta not the latest one. It's running smooth.. but the problem is some program can not be installed either from market or my own apk.. while the other program installed fine.any idea why it happened? Of course application setting has been figured

Ok, here's what's working for me, sorry can't provide any logs now, tomorrow I'll try to get them

- Rotation works! :)

- Wifi can't connect, still says unkonwn MAC

- a2sd says that the partition isn't mounted, and I flashed the OC kernel, what else needs to be done?

- I guess the froyo a2sd method still isn't working, only on CM6 I get a reboot when I install an app, tried changing CM settings, no luck.

Keep up the amazing job you are doing!

I installed CM6 an all features working including tethering and camera....

(Unfortunately it happened in a G1. My pulse died again ;) )

I am using the first beta not the latest one. It's running smooth.. but the problem is some program can not be installed either from market or my own apk.. while the other program installed fine.any idea why it happened? Of course application setting has been figured
Set it to use internal storage only.

Setting -> CyanogenMod Settings -> Application Settings -> Install location -> internal

I am using beta 0. 10 and I have come across another bug.

Whilst watching video (streaming video files from internet And video clips from SD card) I cannot close the video by pressing the Back key. I will need to hold the back key in to go back to homescreen.

I hope that this can be fixed soon.

Guest sNaiL94
I am using beta 0. 10 and I have come across another bug.

Whilst watching video (streaming video files from internet And video clips from SD card) I cannot close the video by pressing the Back key. I will need to hold the back key in to go back to homescreen.

I hope that this can be fixed soon.

try to press the status line's end and the video is stopping! ;)

i use that menthod to exit the video.. :)

Guest skandigraun

I faced a minor problem: i flashed 0.2, and i tried to import my adw settings etc. from the backup files i created. Everything is fine, except the contacts. I have a vcf file, that seems i can import (the phone reads it through), but when it finishes, i get an empty contacts list still. Anyone have this problem also? (Or is it a known problem i only missed it?)

Guest Epic-Emodude
CM6 Pulse Port RC0 beta 0.10 - Update ZIP edition

Should fit UK 2.1 partition sizes along with HU and TRE.

Download: cm6-rc0-pulse-flash.zip (56.1 MB) MD5: 034B295BF58B78188EE96B91EFE161E6

Gapps: gapps-mdpi-tiny-20100930-signed.zip (7.63 MB) MD5: 5987451D5A7BE2D3F2BAF5E941CC9DE4

OC kernel: cm6-oc-kernel.zip (2.44 MB) MD5: F7610380AC40DC158AE8ABDB4AB32660

Changelog:

Added Darktremor A2SD 2.7.5.2

Moved RomManager to /data

Removed /system/xbin/busybox and created symlink from /system/bin/busybox.a2sd

Added the sensor fixes.

Added netcfg fix to install script.

Instructions:

Copy cm6-rc0-pulse-flash.zip to you phones SD card and flash using Clockworkmod Recovery or AmonRA recovery. Make sure you make a Nandroid backup first.

Copy the gapps to your sd if you want to install the Google applications and flash using recovery.

If you want to try the overclock kernel with swap support then flash the cm6-oc-kernel.zip.

I will try to update this 1-2 days after Tom releases images.

Does the overclock kernel include swap ? If not please can we have one with swap? Also, is this the good overclock or the not so good one?

Guest whackster

Ok, did my own frankenstein rom from the latest build Tom provided (awesome!), and flibblesan's zip update (amazing work).

Still can't connect to wifi, using flibbelsan's OC boot image there's no MAC address (I think with the original boot.img there was a MAC listed but still couldn't connect).

Apps install fine when set to internal storage.

Can't get the ext partition to mount so no a2sd yes, I guess I have to modify the boot image (looking into that now).

Right now trying to take apart boot image and see how things are run from there. :) Any help/pointers are welcome!

Guest thisweb
I faced a minor problem: i flashed 0.2, and i tried to import my adw settings etc. from the backup files i created. Everything is fine, except the contacts. I have a vcf file, that seems i can import (the phone reads it through), but when it finishes, i get an empty contacts list still. Anyone have this problem also? (Or is it a known problem i only missed it?)

I notice this before in other roms, a reboot usually shows the contacts.

Guest hungary

0.20 - 10th October 2010

Working:

Vibrate

GSM/GPRS/EDGE/3G

USB

Brightness change

GPS

Wi-Fi

SD Card Mounting

Camera

Rotation

LED

Live Wallpapers

All Cyanogen Options

Audio (Playback, Calls, Mic, everything)

SMS (Cyanogen Settings > Performance Settings > Lock Messaging app in memory)

Google services 20100930: (GMail/Market/Contacts/Calendar/NetworkLocationProvider)

Video playback

Bugs:

No bluetooth

Wifi MAC is incorrect

Camera fails if you take multiple photos

Manual network selection doesn't work

Apps won't install to SD

+

Back button dont work in Youtube and video playback.

Im on 2G, but after restart its change to 3G everytime.

GPS use only A-GPS :)

@ Tom G: Please put back CyanStats

Edited by hungary

Guest hungary
Ok, did my own frankenstein rom from the latest build Tom provided (awesome!), and flibblesan's zip update (amazing work).

Still can't connect to wifi, using flibbelsan's OC boot image there's no MAC address (I think with the original boot.img there was a MAC listed but still couldn't connect).

Apps install fine when set to internal storage.

Can't get the ext partition to mount so no a2sd yes, I guess I have to modify the boot image (looking into that now).

Right now trying to take apart boot image and see how things are run from there. :) Any help/pointers are welcome!

Wifi problem only with Flibble's OC kernel. Gusthy's kernel also dont work ;) Wee need new one.

Guest thisweb
Known Bugs

No bluetooth

Wifi MAC is incorrect

Camera fails if you take multiple photos.

Manual network selection doesn't work.

Apps won't install to SD. CM6 has an option to force all apps to internal (disable froyo sd apps), use that until the problem is fixed.

Change log

0.20 - 10th October 2010 Link

Updated to latest source from git. Now based on Android 2.2.1 (FRG83)

GPS problem fixed.

WPA driver fix - Signal strength, Link speed & AP MAC.

Sensors fixed.

Lights fixed.

Camera working.

0.10 Link

Reboots if GPS is turned off then back on.

No bluetooth

Wifi MAC is incorrect

Wifi returns garbage for signal strength, link speed and AP address.

Sensors don't work (so auto-rotation won't work).

Camera doesn't work.

Manual network selection doesn't work.

Brilliant. Well done TomG! I noticed with 0.10, using darktremors latest release 2.7.5.2 A2SD worked fine with me. (+ also was using gusthys OC/swap boot image) Is the issue of apps not installing to SD just specific to version 0.20?

Didn't check wifi was working tho..

Edited by thisweb

Guest whackster

flashed a2sd once again, over everything, and now seems to work, and yes we need a new boot image, I'm trying to learn how to work it, if everything goes according to plan I'm hoping it won't be too hard messing with CMR afterwards :)

Guest skandigraun
I notice this before in other roms, a reboot usually shows the contacts.

I have already tried that, without success (also import after a reboot, then reboot again) :) Well, if it does not, work i'll simply add the important ones manually.

However meanwhile i found a new problem, altough i do now know, if it is real problem: i can not not find the Market in 0.2.

I flashed the google apps of course, but nothing. Or it should not be included at all in this release?

Edited by skandigraun

Guest skandigraun
I have problem flashing beta-0.20 image.

I receive error:

No signature (3 files)

Verification failed

Do you try to flash it from fastboot, from your computer with adb (using fastboot.exe)?

Guest Epic-Emodude

I receive error:

No signature (3 files)

Verification failed

You need to flash the images in fastboot...

Guest DanWilson

I receive error:

No signature (3 files)

Verification failed

You need to flash the three images through fastboot, not recovery.

@Tom - Amazing work getting camera to work!

@Anyone who had A2SD in 0.10 from my flashable zip - Does Darktremor A2SD work or not?

(Loolz - beat twice)

Edited by DanWilson

Guest whackster
so that means no a2sd

a2sd is working, only needs to be re-flashed again, after the rom and flibblesan's OC boot image. I think its enabled in his cm6-rc0-pulse-flash2.zip but not sure.

and I'm talking about darktremor, not froyo a2sd, CM6 settings need to be set to internal storage.

Edited by whackster

Guest DanWilson
a2sd is working, only needs to be re-flashed again, after the rom and flibblesan's OC boot image. I think its enabled in his cm6-rc0-pulse-flash2.zip but not sure.

and I'm talking about darktremor, not froyo a2sd, CM6 settings need to be set to internal storage.

So used flib's boot.img?

*Confused*

Guest thisweb
I have already tried that, without success (also import after a reboot, then reboot again) :) Well, if it does not, work i'll simply add the important ones manually.

However meanwhile i found a new problem, i do now know, if it is real: i can not not find the Market in 0.2.

I flashed the google apps of course, but nothing. Or it should not be included at all in this release?

Flashing this http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/froyo/gapp...0930-signed.zip in recovery worked fine for me. It does include market and I have used it no problems. Also if you have your nandroid and want to get sms messages back, go back and install titanium backup and backup that way. It doesn't use vcards and it works very well for me, backs up pretty much everything and restores to every rom I've tried, including wifi settings etc. There are opther SMS backup apps of course that you could try if thats all you want.