CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest igor_anta
...My Blade has finally arrived, so it will probably keep me busy for a while...

Noooo, you're leaving us as well, bad SF :D

Just kidding, seeing that you have an X10 and still stick around with, in comparison, the lowly Pulse I don't doubt you'll be with the forum for awhile longer :) I just wanted to say that after a while the CM port is stable and solid, no crashes, FC's or bugs other than the ones reported, Camera 360 works without any issues and 2G/3G connectivity, as well as WiFi is problem free. I didn't have a single need of Bluetooth in all of this time so didn't feel like I missed it too much :)

The only problem is that even if you set apps to install to internal storage they still don't, you have to disable the SD to install successfully. Will your next release be a flashable zip or fastboot again? Also what's your final verdict on kernel modifications? Compcache and swap but no OC or everything... maybe everything :) ? Cheers and congrats on your new phone, may you never brick it no mater what you do to it!

Guest totiadrenalin
Noooo, you're leaving us as well, bad SF :D

Just kidding, seeing that you have an X10 and still stick around with, in comparison, the lowly Pulse I don't doubt you'll be with the forum for awhile longer :) I just wanted to say that after a while the CM port is stable and solid, no crashes, FC's or bugs other than the ones reported, Camera 360 works without any issues and 2G/3G connectivity, as well as WiFi is problem free. I didn't have a single need of Bluetooth in all of this time so didn't feel like I missed it too much :)

The only problem is that even if you set apps to install to internal storage they still don't, you have to disable the SD to install successfully. Will your next release be a flashable zip or fastboot again? Also what's your final verdict on kernel modifications? Compcache and swap but no OC or everything... maybe everything :) ? Cheers and congrats on your new phone, may you never brick it no mater what you do to it!

I truly hope so everything.

I made new script that will set the cpu freq to the default 528MHZ. on reboot.

But with typing overclock you can set the cpu freq to the max 691MHZ.

and by typing default go back to 528MHZ again.

For the changes to take effect you will need to reboot your phone each time you change the clock speed.

Tom.

I tough that you said somewhere in this forum that you know java programing language.

Can you help me to create a our settings application that will inject into the core settings application, just like the cyanogenmod settings applications?

Please?!!

Just point me where to start from?

That's way we could add our new futures in the rom.

Best regards

TOTI

CPU_ondemand_cpu_freq_updated.zip

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest starkos

Based on the Eclair work by Epic-Emodude & niko1986, I've made an edited qwerty.kl that will enable the Recent Applications menu.

Please read the button changes below before flashing as the changes may not suit you!

-Short press rollerball now home button

-Long press rollerball now opens Recent Applications menu (must be enabled in Cyanogenmod settings)

-Long Press back button now opens Google Search

This therefore means that you can no longer use the rollerball as a select/enter button, such as when selecting predicted words whilst typing! Personally I think it's a small sacrifice for access to the recents apps menu, & I've also set the home button in ADW to open/close the dockbar which is pretty handy :)

Rember to do a nandroid back-up first...

Recent.Apps.Rollerball_signed.zip

And to revert back to stock mappings...

Stock.Keymap_signed.zip

Edited by starkos

Guest igor_anta
Based on the Eclair work by Epic-Emodude & niko1986, I've made an edited qwerty.kl that will enable the Recent Applications menu.

Please read the button changes below before flashing as the changes may not suit you!

-Long press rollerball now opens Recent Applications menu (must be enabled in Cyanogenmod settings)

This therefore means that you can no longer use the rollerball as a select/enter button, such as when selecting predicted words whilst typing! Personally I think it's a small sacrifice for access to the recents apps menu, & I've also set the home button in ADW to open/close the dockbar which is pretty handy :)

Maybe you could post a flashable zip of the default configuration if someone wants to go back. I might give this a go though :)

Guest DanWilson

Useless for me. And I have one working anyway (last one in Epics thread).

It's useless because my trackball presses twice. So I'd be getting Home + Home. Always.

Guest Epic-Emodude

On the subject of buttons then, I have a zip from way back that I kept hold of from eclair that works with froyo. Its basicly default but with green button search and red the home and long press recent apps

And to go back its probably best just to back up the qwerty.kl file (I cant remember exactly where it is) and restore it using root explorer or simular if you want to go back

Buttons.zip

Guest starkos

It's useless because my trackball presses twice. So I'd be getting Home + Home. Always.

Strange problem with your rollerball you've got there :)

On the subject of buttons then, I have a zip from way back that I kept hold of from eclair that works with froyo. Its basicly default but with green button search and red the home and long press recent apps

And to go back its probably best just to back up the qwerty.kl file (I cant remember exactly where it is) and restore it using root explorer or simular if you want to go back

I originally went with the red button, but that then overrides the Cyanogenmod shortcut of long press red to bring up the reboot/shutdown screen which I find very useful :)

Guest starkos
Maybe you could post a flashable zip of the default configuration if someone wants to go back. I might give this a go though :)

Added to original post (haven't tested it but can't see there being a problem) :)

Guest InstantWater

After I import numbers from the SIM, I can't see them in the contactlist, but they are imported, because I can export all to the SD.

So numbers are successfully in the phone, but I can't see it.

Could someone help me what should I do?

Thanks.

After I import numbers from the SIM, I can't see them in the contactlist, but they are imported, because I can export all to the SD.

So numbers are successfully in the phone, but I can't see it.

Could someone help me what should I do?

Thanks.

go to contacts

press MENU

go to Display options

touch the gmail conntact thet you have on "Choose contact to display"

and go down you will find "System Group My contacts and ALL other conntacs"

select them and you will see all youre contacts

Guest Simon O

In that case can't you just use the screen to open the launcher then press the back button to return to home?

Guest DanWilson
Strange problem with your rollerball you've got there :)

I know. I think it travels too far. It's like (when I tested it with ClockWork);

Press down - One press

Release - Another press.

If I hold green, it is only ever one press. If I am careful, it is also one press.

In that case can't you just use the screen to open the launcher then press the back button to return to home?

Say what?

It looks like you were out drinking, came back late and decided; "Hm, lets confuse Dan."

Guest thisweb
Strange problem with your rollerball you've got there :P

I originally went with the red button, but that then overrides the Cyanogenmod shortcut of long press red to bring up the reboot/shutdown screen which I find very useful :D

The power button currently does the reboot/shutdown already so see no need to assign this to red button aswell. Or is this also disabled with the buttons.zip?

Guest thisweb

Is this an update zip for recovery? I get No signature/verification failed error in amon anyway to avoid this. Or do I have to install clockwork (I prefer amon for partitioning features)

Guest starkos
The power button currently does the reboot/shutdown already so see no need to assign this to red button aswell. Or is this also disabled with the buttons.zip?

Yes but I find the power button very awkward to press for some reason lol! Also it means you can no longer end calls with the red button.. but I guess it just comes down to personal preference :P

Guest totiadrenalin
Yes but I find the power button very awkward to press for some reason lol! Also it means you can no longer end calls with the red button.. but I guess it just comes down to personal preference :P

I allready try this reconfiguration of the buttons behavior in qwuerty.kl

If I set the red key as home then I can't end calls. but the the power button can be set in settings to behave like a end call button two.

So I think that this option will be the best to have the recent used apps.

This way will get the fully multitasking.

:D

I saw that in spear parts app is option to set the red button to behave like a home button.

But I don't know where are this cofigurations stored in the os?

Guest moomoon

please i have a problem you tube is very slow in 3g with flb i can change the version of youtube .apk but in CM6 when i make it i have an error when i open a old youtube. apk

who can help me please?

Guest totiadrenalin

I found two onother reasons why the batteriy is draining so fast in the CM6 rom.

First it's the GPS.

When you open some applications that use the gps, then it turns on the GPS but it'll never turn of until the next reboot.

And the GPS is already known as one of the biggest battery consumer in the smartphones.

Second it's the gtalk, gmail, and other applications which need a 3g or wifi connection.

They make a data transfer all of the time while the phone is on.

And if you disable the data connection they will try to connect all of the time.

I can see it in the logcat.

And I'm sorry, but I forgot one more thing.

That's the RIL.

Also for unknown reason until now.

For me of course.

It's reconnect even the network is very strong.

Why?

While I'm standing in one place for hours.

All this things are draining our batter very fast.

I'm going back to eclair flbmod rom to check if this is going on in the 2.1 android two.

If it's not then we will have very big problem with this rom in the future.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin

No.

In flbmod 1.7 only the applications like gmail, contact's sync and etc are making data transfer, but only from time to time.

Well Guys?

Tom G.

My man.

You will have to find a way to correct the RIL and GPS bug bifore releasing a stable version of this CM6 rom.

It'll be my pleasure If I could help you somehow in this.

I'm really honestly telling you this.

Guest igor_anta

Not that I want to pile more work on you Tom... it just would be productive to :P Correct me if I'm wrong but it appears there is an update to CM 6.1.0. The things I'm certain of are:

Common: ADWLauncher 1.2.0 - Ander Webbs

Common: Galaxy S style power widget in notification bar - Pedlar

and maybe

Common: Use ARMv6 optimizations for DS/Hero targets - Ninpo

So any chance your next release to be based on the newest updated version? Cheers!

Edited by igor_anta

Guest InstantWater
go to contacts

press MENU

go to Display options

touch the gmail conntact thet you have on "Choose contact to display"

and go down you will find "System Group My contacts and ALL other conntacs"

select them and you will see all youre contacts

Ah, THANKS MAAAAAAAAAAAN :P

That only I need is BT, but that's Tom G's task :D

btw, could you tell me someone why couldn't start Root Explorer? It worked on 2.1 flawlessly, but on 2.2 doesn't start, only blank screen.

Thanks.

Edited by InstantWater