CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest DanWilson
Not that I want to pile more work on you Tom... it just would be productive to :P Correct me if I'm wrong but it appears there is an update to CM 6.1.0. The things I'm certain of are:

Common: ADWLauncher 1.2.0 - Ander Webbs

Common: Galaxy S style power widget in notification bar - Pedlar

and maybe

Common: Use ARMv6 optimizations for DS/Hero targets - Ninpo

So any chance your next release to be based on the newest updated version? Cheers!

OMG PLEEEAAASE!!!!!!!!

Yes. Please. :D

Guest DanWilson
I've Flashed FLB OC kernel, but SetCPU says can't get superuser rights.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance

Press accept? Check the Superuser app to see if SetCPU is being blocked. Also reinstall SetCPU if you had it before, as some people (like me) are having problems. I think it's actually all people.

I'm too lazy to reinstall. Hell, I'm this ]-[ close to bouncing it off the nearest wall.

Which is ]-----------------[ that close.

Guest totiadrenalin
Ah, THANKS MAAAAAAAAAAAN :P

That only I need is BT, but that's Tom G's task :D

btw, could you tell me someone why couldn't start Root Explorer? It worked on 2.1 flawlessly, but on 2.2 doesn't start, only blank screen.

Thanks.

U will have to flash the superuser zip.

Guest InstantWater

I flashed su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip.......... LOL It works now :D

I've flashed it an hour earlier, but it did't worked :D LOL

THANKS MAAAAAAAN :P

Guest AdamBaker
I've found the problem with bluetooth. It is caused by this change to bionic.

This change is from AOSP, but isn't in the froyo-release branch, so didn't effect the AOSP froyo project. That means it will in future effect the AOSP stable code as well. It causes a seg fault in hci_qcomm_init. It looks like hci_qcomm_init from other qualcomm based devices will work on the pulse, but at the moment all devices we have access to roms for are running code based on froyo-release at the latests, so there is nowhere to get a version of hci_qcomm_init that works with the bionic change.

Reverting the commit fixes the problems, but this change to sh also needs to be reverted and some changes to mksh are needed. At the moment I have removed mksh from my code to simplify testing, but it should be easy enough to fix.

My Blade has finally arrived, so it will probably keep me busy for a while. I will try to get a new Pulse CM6 rom out in the next few days.

Strange bug - Are you able to get a core dump from it (ulimit -c unlimited seems to be needed and work on 2.1) copy it across to the pc and then load it into gdb (arm-eabi-gdb is included in the toolchain) to get a stack trace. It won't tell you much as the binary is stripped but you should still see what is happening in the libs.

Also do you know what features are needed from 2.6.32 to support froyo install to SD and tethering? It might be easier to back port them to 2.6.29 than do a full upgrade to 2.6.32

Guest igor_anta

And Tom from which CM rom did you get the Gallery? I tried the one from the Dream rom and the rotation isn't working (it's all messed up like it used to be when we tried it on 2.1). Cheers!

Guest naniteboy
When will there be and update fixing the known issues?

I'm sure that Tom and Flib like this kind of questions very much :D

But guessing their reply ... When it's ready!

Although - we might wait a while (and have to be patient) since they are obviously playing with their new phones

(which is expected knowing that we all like to play with new toys :P).

Guest totiadrenalin
And Tom from which CM rom did you get the Gallery? I tried the one from the Dream rom and the rotation isn't working (it's all messed up like it used to be when we tried it on 2.1). Cheers!

Look in the android2.2 development thread.

I've post the working gallery.

Look back in somewhere in the middle of the thread.

Or?

I'll just re upload it again.

Just give me a minute or two to pull out from my phone and zip the application.

Because I delete it by accident from my PC.

Guest totiadrenalin
Look in the android2.2 development thread.

I've post the working gallery.

Look back in somewhere in the middle of the thread.

Or?

I'll just re upload it again.

Just give me a minute or two to pull out from my phone and zip the application.

Because I delete it by accident from my PC.

OK

Here it is.

This gallery app is working like charm on my phone.

No problem with rotations.

Gallery3D.zip

Guest igor_anta
OK

Here it is.

This gallery app is working like charm on my phone.

No problem with rotations.

Thanks, but not what I meant :P The gallery app from Tom's port is working well, but the new version that's in the nightly builds, the one that's supposed to have improved rotation and better caching is not. So I was asking from which rom did Tom take the Gallery 3D that works for the Pulse. Cheers for the quick reaction toti, one of the few lively posters left here. Dan where are you :D

Guest totiadrenalin
Thanks, but not what I meant :P The gallery app from Tom's port is working well, but the new version that's in the nightly builds, the one that's supposed to have improved rotation and better caching is not. So I was asking from which rom did Tom take the Gallery 3D that works for the Pulse. Cheers for the quick reaction toti, one of the few lively posters left here. Dan where are you :D

Thanks. :D

I have news here.

I was working on improvement of the scripts.

So now I get to one point.

I will make a costume zip rom, but it will have improvements.

First.

I'm thinking of importing several of your themes, but you will be able to change from theme to theme with only one command in the terminal.

Also the rom will have the overclocked kernel, but the default CPU freq will be 528MhZ.

And like the themes, you will be able to change from default 528MhZ to OC 691MhZ.

So, now I'll sit back and wait for Tom G to release the new CM6 rom with working bluetooth.

And several new improvements.

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest igor_anta
Thanks. :P

I have news here.

I was working on improvement of the scripts.

So now I get to one point.

I will make a costume zip rom, but it will have improvements.

First.

I'm thinking of importing several of your themes, but you will be able to change from theme to theme with only one command in the terminal.

Also the rom will have the overclocked kernel, but the default CPU freq will be 528MhZ.

And like the themes, you will be able to change from default 528MhZ to OC 691MhZ.

So, now I'll sit back and wait for Tom G to release the new CM6 rom with working bluetooth.

And several new improvements.

Best regards

TOTI

The themes will not work with the newest CM6.1 framework that includes the power widget in the notification bar (see few post up). As you can see I already ported my Blue S theme for this but it's not uploaded yet (a few more fixes first). Also you may check the new nightly builds there seem to be a few new thing updated since Tom released this for us. Also do you have a fix for the BT problem, Tom said he new what's the issue and new how to fix it, if you can include that as well.

Waiting for your release then:) Cheers!

Guest totiadrenalin
The themes will not work with the newest CM6.1 framework that includes the power widget in the notification bar (see few post up). As you can see I already ported my Blue S theme for this but it's not uploaded yet (a few more fixes first). Also you may check the new nightly builds there seem to be a few new thing updated since Tom released this for us. Also do you have a fix for the BT problem, Tom said he new what's the issue and new how to fix it, if you can include that as well.

Waiting for your release then:) Cheers!

Even if I do I can't help anyhow.

Because The new CM^ rom source aren't on the github, so I can't download the android source that Tom is working on.

Guest igor_anta
*Gobsmacked*

Do...

Want...

NAO!!

Please?

How?

Mmmmm.... OOOOOK, I decided to share :P

Flash this through recovery, It's the framework and apps from the new nightly build for the Dream. The things that don't work are removed and a few apps are updated (not sure exactly which so I included all of them:)). Everything is working great, no conflicts whatsoever.

Also VERY IMPORTANT! DON'T FLASH ANY CM6 FRAMEWORK'S after this update (had to shout this:P). The new elements are needed in the framework so we need to port our old frameworks for this, which will be very soon as you can see from my screenshot :D

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?4868810l1xe4f71

Guest DanWilson

Flash this through recovery, It's the framework and apps from the new nightly build for the Dream. The things that don't work are removed and a few apps are updated (not sure exactly which so I included all of them:)). Everything is working great, no conflicts whatsoever.

Also VERY IMPORTANT! DON'T FLASH ANY CM6 FRAMEWORK'S after this update (had to shout this:P). The new elements are needed in the framework so we need to port our old frameworks for this, which will be very soon as you can see from my screenshot :D

So this looks like stock CM6? Still, I love that settings bar.

Also, you timed that well, just flashed the Blue S with circle signal thing (I can't call it a bar...). And I don't think it looks that bad...

Meh. And thank you for deciding to share. You've been a good boy igor :D

Guest totiadrenalin

OK!

Tonight you will have the script that will install the .zip themes from the terminal while the android is on.

:D

I was thinking to wait until the final release, but ok.

It's not a problem.

:P

Cheers.

Guest SonMauri

Sorry to ask twice (in two different threads) but...

Hello.

I recently reinstalled 2.2 on my device. The device it's working OK but apparently A2SD is not.

Order of install:

-backup with rom manager

-Revert to 2.1 (Venezuela) -> it was a mistake

-Apply amonra

-Apply FLB mod 1.5

-Flash rom manager

-With rom manager full wipe

-In recovery flashed 2.2 0.2

-In recovery flashed a2sd + oc + swap

-In recovery flashed gapps

But if i run

a2sd check

i got a "a2sd not found"

Any ideas what mistake i made?

Guest DanWilson
Sorry to ask twice (in two different threads) but...

Hello.

I recently reinstalled 2.2 on my device. The device it's working OK but apparently A2SD is not.

Order of install:

-backup with rom manager

-Revert to 2.1 (Venezuela) -> it was a mistake

-Apply amonra

-Apply FLB mod 1.5

-Flash rom manager

-With rom manager full wipe

-In recovery flashed 2.2 0.2

-In recovery flashed a2sd + oc + swap

-In recovery flashed gapps

But if i run

a2sd check

i got a "a2sd not found"

Any ideas what mistake i made?

You didn't flash the A2SD .zip file. You only installed the boot.img.

You need both.

Guest shamikebab

is it ok if i include this in the flashable zip

Guest igor_anta
is it ok if i include this in the flashable zip

Sure, why wouldn't it be, it's just apps and framework taken from a CM6.1 nightly build :P Share the love.

Guest Sh4d0w940

The gallery from Hero roms is working perfect :P

Sh4d0w940

Guest igor_anta
The gallery from Hero roms is working perfect :D

Sh4d0w940

You tried one from the new nightly builds? I tried N1, Dream and Legend galleries and not Hero's :P

Guest Sh4d0w940
You tried one from the new nightly builds? I tried N1, Dream and Legend galleries and not Hero's :P

Yup, I tried this one: cm_hero_full-132.zip

Also, I've flashed the framework to get the power widget in notification bar but do you know wheter you can customize this?

Edit: Found it in the settings xD

Sh4d0w940

Edited by Sh4d0w940