CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

I had been using the T-Mobile kernel up until now. I had to modify the kernel for devmapper, so I have also added swap and compcache support. The rom doesn't do anything with it yet (init doesn't mount swap and the compcache module isn't included) and probably won't in the new roms, but it will get there eventually. I thought ext3 support was already there, I will add it.

asec is now fixed, I just installed Angry Birds to SD. I just needed to get the kernel config right. I think this will mean apps2sd won't be needed any more (and the ext partition won't be needed).

I tested installing real player to sd (which doesn't normally go on sd) with the cm install location set to external and it worked.

So we have Froyo's own A2SD working now?

We will need swap wont we?

Guest igor_anta
I had been using the T-Mobile kernel up until now. I had to modify the kernel for devmapper, so I have also added swap and compcache support. The rom doesn't do anything with it yet (init doesn't mount swap and the compcache module isn't included) and probably won't in the new roms, but it will get there eventually. I thought ext3 support was already there, I will add it.

asec is now fixed, I just installed Angry Birds to SD. I just needed to get the kernel config right. I think this will mean apps2sd won't be needed any more (and the ext partition won't be needed).

I tested installing real player to sd (which doesn't normally go on sd) with the cm install location set to external and it worked.

OK..... WOW. No need for Darktremor anymore? You mean the force to external command works even for apps that don't support Froyo apps2sd? That's awesome :P So swap doesn't even work with swapper2 or you didn't try that yet? And compcache, can you enable it in settings or are there more things you need to work on there? I'm still a supporter of OC though, you should consider it (Jedi mind trick hand wave:)).

Cheers!

OK..... WOW. No need for Darktremor anymore? You mean the force to external command works even for apps that don't support Froyo apps2sd? That's awesome :P So swap doesn't even work with swapper2 or you didn't try that yet? And compcache, can you enable it in settings or are there more things you need to work on there? I'm still a supporter of OC though, you should consider it (Jedi mind trick hand wave:)).

Cheers!

Darktremor shouldn't be needed. I haven't tried swap. I'm not sure if cm6 has anything built in for swap other than compcache, but I don't think so. I will probably add something to init for it later.

I had a look at compcache in cm6 and all I need to do is put the module in the right place and it will take care of the rest, so it will be in the new rom.

Hi

sorry my First post and it might be not relevant but about the network selection. i have a pulse and iam on tesco mobile for some reason it doesn't work. using an isim it works with o2 and orange but not with tesco mobile. i was on o2 and it worked but when i switched it stopped working. when i go to the network section option it has o2, tmobile ect but no tesco. it says unavailable service but it recognizes its tesso sim. was thinking of geting the san fran and getting that unlocked but worried about the same iusse had anyone else had issues like this and how would i resolve this?

thanks

Edited by Zo_

And Tom from which CM rom did you get the Gallery? I tried the one from the Dream rom and the rotation isn't working (it's all messed up like it used to be when we tried it on 2.1). Cheers!

Why were you trying the Dream gallery? The gallery in my latest build looks the same as the old one except rotation is now broken. It looks like a change in the upstream CM6 source has broken it.

Hi

sorry my First post and it might be not relevant but about the network selection. i have a pulse and iam on tesco mobile for some reason it doesn't work. using an isim it works with o2 and orange but not with tesco mobile. i was on o2 and it worked but when i switched it stopped working. when i go to the network section option it has o2, tmobile ect but no tesco. it says unavailable service but it recognizes its tesso sim. was thinking of geting the san fran and getting that unlocked but worried about the same iusse had anyone else had issues like this and how would i resolve this?

thanks

I guess your not using froyo then?

Thats not relevant to the network selection problem in froyo. In froyo the network selection was not showing any networks.

When you run the network selection option in setting run 'adb logcat -b radio' and you should see the raw results from the search. There will be 5 lines per network. See what it says for the network you are looking for.

I don't know anything about isims, so I have no idea how they work/what they do.

I guess your not using froyo then?

Thats not relevant to the network selection problem in froyo. In froyo the network selection was not showing any networks.

When you run the network selection option in setting run 'adb logcat -b radio' and you should see the raw results from the search. There will be 5 lines per network. See what it says for the network you are looking for.

I don't know anything about isims, so I have no idea how they work/what they do.

thanks for the response

iam sorry iam a newbiee iam using a 2.1 FLB was going to use this when you sort the network selection out but i have this issue i guess it will have the same problem with froyo even if you sort the network problem out

how do i do this

"When you run the network selection option in setting run 'adb logcat -b radio' and you should see the raw results from the search."

do i have to do this terminal window how do i do this

isim what it does it lets you use other network sim card it goes underneath the sim card and it looks like a sim card but your phone is still locked technically

Edited by Zo_

Oh there is some movement in here...? :P

I 'm really excited. Gonna install my first Tom_G mod and my first Android 2.2 soon... ??? :D Can't wait

I was reading silent here all the time and now i'm curious enough to move to the next step. All i read is so promising...

My ADB seems to work. So i 'm ready to go...

BTW: Thank you very much, Tom, that you make this happen here.

Guest starkos

Excellent work Tom! Would it be possible to upload your .config for the kernel with your next release for those of us that want to build our own kernel? I ask mainly because I have over-clocking support & wasn't sure if you were going to...

Regarding swap I use this init (/etc/init.d) script & it works fine (mmcblk0p3 because I have an ext partition):

#!/system/bin/sh

swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3;

sysctl -w vm.swappiness=15;

done;

Edit: When you say you had to modify the kernal, did you mean just the .config or actual source files? If the later would it be possible to upload those as well at some point after release :P

Edited by starkos

Excellent work Tom! Would it be possible to upload your .config for the kernel with your next release for those of us that want to build our own kernel? I ask mainly because I have over-clocking support & wasn't sure if you were going to...

Regarding swap I use this init (/etc/init.d) script & it works fine (mmcblk0p3 because I have an ext partition):

#!/system/bin/sh

swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3;

sysctl -w vm.swappiness=15;

done;

Edit: When you say you had to modify the kernal, did you mean just the .config or actual source files? If the later would it be possible to upload those as well at some point after release :P

The new rom is uploading now. The link and change log back at the start of the thread have been updated. There is also some install instructions. It is now a signed zip, so no more fastboot.

For the config just pull /proc/config.gz

I was planning on adding a script similar to that that will check for /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 and for a file (something link /sdcard/swap.file) and use what ever it finds. I like the idea of a file option as there will then be no need for a partitioned sd card (plus it is easier to resize the swap).

Edit. Upload is done. If upgrading from 0.2 you shouldn't need to wipe /data/

Edited by Tom G

Guest Sh4d0w940

If froyo a2sd is working now, what would be the best way to update and keep the apps?

Because now I have 200+ mB of apps installed on my sdcard and I don't want to reinstall them all if that's not necessary.

Sh4d0w940

Guest petz20099

Great TomG ! Thank you for your hard work!

One note only:Are you sure that network manual selection isn't working as it should be?

I always see all networks when I search manually with all the mobiles I own:after trying to connect it reports the forbidden status.

Petz

Guest whackster
If froyo a2sd is working now, what would be the best way to update and keep the apps?

Because now I have 200+ mB of apps installed on my sdcard and I don't want to reinstall them all if that's not necessary.

Sh4d0w940

What about a script to move all the .apk from /sd-ext to wherever froyo places the apps? I have no idea where they should go...

And still, the dalvik-cache would be left on internal storage, right? That should be symlinked too... but where would this script go so that it loads at the right time?

Or it would be simplest just to enable a2sd within the kernel?

Edited by whackster

Guest jamielockeymusic

is it just easir toleave a2sd set up ffrom how i had it in the last CM6?

and then enable the app to sd support in CM settings?

EDIT: its bootlooping for me

Edited by jamielockeymusic

Guest goce.nakov
The new rom is uploading now. The link and change log back at the start of the thread have been updated. There is also some install instructions. It is now a signed zip, so no more fastboot.

For the config just pull /proc/config.gz

I was planning on adding a script similar to that that will check for /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 and for a file (something link /sdcard/swap.file) and use what ever it finds. I like the idea of a file option as there will then be no need for a partitioned sd card (plus it is easier to resize the swap).

Edit. Upload is done. If upgrading from 0.2 you shouldn't need to wipe /data/

So.....Are we flashing this thru recovery or again with fastboot, in the install instruction you are saying thru fastboot but in this post you are saying thru recovery :P

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest jamielockeymusic
So.....Are we flashing this thru recovery or again with fastboot, in the install instruction you are saying thru fastboot but in this post you are saying thru recovery :P

i flashed through recovery (clock work mod) and it loaded fine! and as soon as the brightness goes from dim to bright, it started to boot loop?

EDIT: no its fine now :D

Edited by jamielockeymusic

Guest Sh4d0w940

Recovery, you can see it because it has an update-script in the meta-inf folder.

Sh4d0w940

Guest bezelbu

Gr8 work Tom... Now pardon my zeroness on the subject but, currently im runnin 1.7oc on ext 3 512 .... In order to move to cm if need to format sd? To what?do i still need flb boot img for oc?

Thanx in advance ... Im donating btw u saved me a bundled on a new desire just by making pulse fun.

Guest flip360

it doesnt want to install here, it exits with Status 7, flashed through AmonRa

Went fine with Clockwork Recovery :P I wonder if we ever get to have Wipe Dalvik Cache fixed in the Recovery? Or Hardware Accelerated Desktop? (if doable)

Edited by flip360

Since this release is fundamentally different from the previous one I foresee confusion arising over the a2sd element. Could an experienced ROM installer please start a new thread providing clear instructions on installing it?

Edited by tom_s

Guest Sh4d0w940
Since this release is fundamentally different from the previous one I foresee confusion arising over the a2sd element. Could an experienced ROM installer please start a new thread providing clear instructions on installing it?

I'm trying to install it and also move the apps from my ext partition to the new location.

When I succeed I'll post instructions.

Sh4d0w940