CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest the1c3man

GREAT WORK TOM!!!

Froyo on the pulse, just say it, ITS UNBELIVEBLE!!!

Just got issues with apps install location, some apps likes google maps can't be moved to SD.

I did a backup of my apps with backupPro from my FLB1.6 rom, but when i try to retore them on CM6 they try to install to internal storage.

Just having a play now to resolve, if any one has a solution please post, just trying the CM6 app settings now to use external storage.

Just started having a play.. I installed angry birds to sd fine (god knows where on the sd), when looking under settings / manage applications the app shows as about 1.73mb but if you transfer it to internal storage it jumps to about 17mb :P

yes the same as my phone also google-earth anyway but if u install apps which are 2-3mb ag.it will take just 200k from internal space.i think this room need the a2sd also for cache.hope it get fixed fully:)--of course not by itself :D .

Guest bedevil99

Hi,

has anyone had any trouble installing the 0.30 ROM? I'm not able to install it...it just says "Installation Aborted" and that's it. Any advice? I'm running the latest FLB Mod 1.7 ROM and I have wiped everything beforehand, I also reformatted the SD card to create a swap partition. Any help is appreciated

Guest AntonioPT
not here but i dont know where froyo`s a2sd moves the apps, there are some in data/app but i cant seem to find the other ones :P

It saves the apps on a folder on the SD card called ".android_secure".

Guest Letterbox115

My U8220 with AmonRA can't install the 0.3, it doesn't even get past the verifying :D

It's just saying something about that it couldn't verify the device as a Pulse, U8220 or U8230, and then it says "(Status 7)" . Ideas?

Thank God for Nandroid backups :P

Hi,

has anyone had any trouble installing the 0.30 ROM? I'm not able to install it...it just says "Installation Aborted" and that's it. Any advice? I'm running the latest FLB Mod 1.7 ROM and I have wiped everything beforehand, I also reformatted the SD card to create a swap partition. Any help is appreciated

well my advice is to update to t-mo uk 2.1 then flash recovery ,root and flash this through recovery or flash the 0.20 cm6 rom via fastboot then flash this in recovery mode.maybe there is another way.i know just this

Edited by jeddy1

Guest sbadger
I've installed new 0.3 version and set apps to External (in Cyanogen settings).

After that I rebooted, installed GAPPS (pulse version), rebooted, installed d-clock and astrid and similar apps (with widgets), set those widgets on screen and rebooted for test.

After reboot all widgets (except powercontrol and google search) were unable to load, there aren't in widget list anymore...

Then I deinstalled those apps, reinstalled, set the widgets and rebooted again - and again, they were gone.

Anyone else noticed this problem?

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?titl...ing_Cyanogenmod

This says that apps with widgets shouldn't be installed on the SD card.

Guest JimJam707
Technically, I am Daniel. I prefer Dan though :D

The only problem with Swapper2 is that it must always be running. But with SWAP, it's not much of a loss.

Or at least, I'm sure Swapper2 has to be running...

Just to confuse matters even more, I'm technically James.

Yeah, crappy name. Jamie > James :D

Edit: Also good times when I went on omegle :P

Edited by JimJam707

My U8220 with AmonRA can't install the 0.3, it doesn't even get past the verifying :D

It's just saying something about that it couldn't verify the device as a Pulse, U8220 or U8230, and then it says "(Status 7)" . Ideas?

install clockwork mod hahah :D

EDIT:i guess u've wiped the data factory and cache yes?

Edited by jeddy1

Guest Letterbox115
install clockwork mod hahah :D

EDIT:i guess u've wiped the data factory and cache yes?

I don't like ClockWork :D

But I guess I have to :P

Edited by Letterbox115

Guest starkos
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "pulse" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "pulse" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "pulse" || 

getprop("ro.product.device") == "u8220" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "u8220" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "u8220" || 

getprop("ro.product.device") == "u8230" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "u8230" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "u8230");

Delete the above found in the updater-script then re-sign & it will work in Amon RA...

Guest TonyDigi

Don't need swap partition, don't need swapper 2. Use Compcache Ram Usage, set % and you have swap run.

Apps moves to phone or to sdcard so good now for me after reinstall several time and no use any backup.

Thanks Tom G

Don't need swap partition, don't need swapper 2. Use Compcache Ram Usage, set % and you have swap run.

Apps moves to phone or to sdcard so good now for me after reinstall several time and no use any backup.

Thanks Tom G

can you report any benchmarks? say from linpack?

Guest TonyDigi
can you report any benchmarks? say from linpack?

Linpack about 3.6-3.8 MFlops with jit and 18% set on Compache, no Oc. But result in Quarant Standard is better than older versions i had installed, score is 382~430, very supprise

Edited by TonyDigi

Guest totiadrenalin
not here but i dont know where froyo`s a2sd moves the apps, there are some in data/app but i cant seem to find the other ones :P

look into:

/mnt/asec/

There are the installed apps onto the sdcard.

Guest jmnicolas

Hi :P

I need help please ! I using CM 6_30 with gapp from first post.

I can't see Market App, why ? What should I do to run Market App ?

Thank for your help !

Guest totiadrenalin

I'm sorry guys for the big delay of posting the script for installing the themes from inside the android.

But something is wrong with my cable modem.

And so I have no internet for two days.

Currently I am away.

Tomorrow the service of the cable operator should come, and repair or replace the modem.

So I will upload it then.

It's preatty interesting way.

just put the .zip theme in the root of the sdcard.

No modification of the .zip file needed, just like you donwload it.

And type in the terminal:

thminstall and the full name of the theme file without .zip

That's it.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest Schwertfish

There seems to be a problem with the apps on sd: widgets from apps that have been installed on th sd card vanish after a reboot. The widgets show "Problem loading widget" message and can not be re-added via the menu (they just are not listed). Doesn't happen with apps that are installed to internal memory.

Also, awesome work, Tom G, you're the man!

edit: Probably related: after a reboot I lose my input settngs, it resets to the default android keyboard. My keyboard app is also installed to sd card. Possibly the apps on sd cannot be found during some kind of initialization while booting?

Edited by Schwertfish

Guest betterthanjordan79
Hi :P

I need help please ! I using CM 6_30 with gapp from first post.

I can't see Market App, why ? What should I do to run Market App ?

Thank for your help !

Try reinstalling google apps :D

Guest MikeRame

Really nice job Tom!

The only problem i found is that I can't install some apps from market. I managed to get anysoftkeyboard, jetvd, etc. flawlessly but astro fails. It starts to download (the downloading icon appears on the notification bar), then it disappears without an error message, plus the input settings are reset after every reboot.

Guest starkos

Does anyone else find that scrolling text files are very slow and jerky compared to eclair roms? E.g open a file such as build.prop in RoorExplorer & it has real trouble scrolling?

Really nice job Tom!

The only problem i found is that I can't install some apps from market. I managed to get anysoftkeyboard, jetvd, etc. flawlessly but astro fails. It starts to download (the downloading icon appears on the notification bar), then it disappears without an error message, plus the input settings are reset after every reboot.

Whats anysoftkeyboard?

Guest MikeRame
Whats anysoftkeyboard?

It's a keyboard replacement like Touchpal, this one looks exactly like the default android keyboard but adds a fourth line with hungarian symbols "éáőóüöűú"

Guest flip360

Apart from the ROM running reealy great i have quople of questions:

1. How do we get overclock? Did you modify the kernel or is it the same 2.6.29 kernel from git with a different .config?

2. Swap support is in but how do we enable it? swapper is not working good, can we use the swap partition? How do i check if its active? Does it run well alongside compcache?

The rom looks very stable but i am used to having 691MHz processor running things :P

Edited by flip360