CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

:D

Oh yah - Anyone else getting random shutdowns? I've heard of reboots but not shutdowns. Is it maybe a temperature thing? My dads old HTC S620 shutdown when it got too warm. Although I don't know about coldness. My phone is always cold.

oh what should i say Daniel :P.he can put it in the frigde sometimes when it gets warm :D

Guest igor_anta
Swap & oc are enabled, if your refering to darktremor as old a2sd then I'm not sure. I've never used DT a2sd, I've always just used Paul's init scripts but unfortunately they no longer work with cm6. So since cm6-0.2 I've been using FroYo apps2sdext

So the default CM6 aps2sd is not working properly? What's the issue with it. Also is this method using the ext2/3 partition like Darktremor? An final question, do we have compcache with your boot.img? Cheers!

Guest FrogPulse

used clockwork to u/g from 0.2 to 0.3

Everything works, GPS,calls,text used as a media player, none system apps work fine from the card.

No reboots and it's been on since flashing

Just my experience so far, all good :P

Guest goce.nakov
So the default CM6 aps2sd is not working properly? What's the issue with it. Also is this method using the ext2/3 partition like Darktremor? An final question, do we have compcache with your boot.img? Cheers!

It is working just dont put widgets on SD card...that is, I'v installed FB, Nimbuzz,Brut Maps, Aldiko etc and they all are on SD card...still left with 40+ mb free.

Guest starkos
where do you put the script during build? or do i just run it off the sdcard? (mind sharing it? :P )

Download the v1.35 to the root of your sdcard then in terminal:

su

sh /sdcard/fr-a2sd_1-35.sh.txt

You will then get asked if you want data/data/ on sd-ext (I said yes), then it will list all apps installed & where they are installed (think it automatically moves everything to sd-ext). Then if you need to move anything just enter the app number...

Froyo a2sd is working as it should I believe. My issue with it is that anything with a widget wont work to well from sdcard (I think?) also sdcard is loaded very late on boot so I imagine you can run into issues with apps that start on boot or need root access

Guest DanWilson

E:Can't open /sdcard/CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.30.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.[/codebox]

Bad download?

Bad Pulse?

Badlands?

@igor - You still porting DarkEdge? Or haven't you started yet? :P

Guest totiadrenalin
It is working just dont put widgets on SD card...that is, I'v installed FB, Nimbuzz,Brut Maps, Aldiko etc and they all are on SD card...still left with 40+ mb free.

Ok.

But you can combine the froyo app2sd and the old dalvik-cache on sd-ext.

This will lead to even more free space.

And still you are using the new Froyo a2sd.

the command in the terminal - via PC:

busybox cp -r /data/dalvik-cache/ /sd-ext/dalvik-cache/

busybox rm -r /data/dalvik-cache/

busybox ln -s /sd-ext/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache

reboot

If you came up with the idea that you actually don't like the dalvik-cache 2 SD, and don't want bigger data space?

Well just change the /data/dalvik-cache/ with /sd-ext/dalvik-cache/ and and vice versa.

:P

Chears

Guest igor_anta
E:Can't open /sdcard/CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.30.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.[/codebox]

Bad download?

Bad Pulse?

Badlands?

@igor - You still porting DarkEdge? Or haven't you started yet? :P

Not yet, and it will take longer with that one :D Blue S is almost done though.

So anyone lost root with an app using Froyo apps2sd, or had other issues except losing widgets? Also starkos, you didn't tell me, do we still have compcache with your boot.img and is it at all useful for us? Cheers!

Guest starkos
Not yet, and it will take longer with that one :P Blue S is almost done though.

So anyone lost root with an app using Froyo apps2sd, or had other issues except losing widgets? Also starkos, you didn't tell me, do we still have compcache with your boot.img and is it at all useful for us? Cheers!

I said on previous page that it's the same as Tom's kernel but with oc so yes compcache still works. I don't use compcache but I really haven't tested it's usefulness so I wouldn't know. I may disable my swap & turn compcache on for a bit and see how it compares actually. Would be great to hear others experiences with regards to swap vs compcache though?

Guest igor_anta
I said on previous page that it's the same as Tom's kernel but with oc so yes compcache still works. I don't use compcache but I really haven't tested it's usefulness so I wouldn't know. I may disable my swap & turn compcache on for a bit and see how it compares actually. Would be great to hear others experiences with regards to swap vs compcache though?

Ah, now this seems like something I never actualy understood :D Compcache and swap can't co-exist at the same time? So the dilemma is which one to use... I get it now... maybe :P

Guest DanWilson
Ah, now this seems like something I never actualy understood :D Compcache and swap can't co-exist at the same time? So the dilemma is which one to use... I get it now... maybe :P

I'm sure I read on CyanogenMod Wiki (or somewhere) that SWAP + Compcache can work together. It was in a table comparing the 4.

Nothing

SWAP

Compcache

SWAP + Compcache.

Guest goce.nakov

I'm using compcache.....atm running Nimbuzz,Browser, Music....with no problems

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest starkos

I'm sure I read on CyanogenMod Wiki (or somewhere) that SWAP + Compcache can work together. It was in a table comparing the 4.

Nothing

SWAP

Compcache

SWAP + Compcache.

Yea they can work together, something known as a backing swap I believe. But following the wiki (which is for cm5) I couldn't get it working, although I I did enable both compcache & swap and free showed a massive swap lol! No idea how they would work together like that though...?

Had to turn gps off & on again then maps picked up my location so it is working. Unfortunately it still has the annoying bug of the icon remaining in the notification bar...

thank you, its working. the icon in the notification bar shows after using maps and satfix. (just to confirm)

Guest Epic-Emodude
oh what should i say Daniel :P.he can put it in the frigde sometimes when it gets warm :D

My mate had one of those USB wireless adapters, but it kept over heating after 5 mins of use, so he used to store it in the freezer and would get about half an hour at a time out of it =)

Guest starkos
I'm using compcache.....atm running Nimbuzz,Browser, Music....with no problems

Just turned off swap & enabled compcache (18) and in about 5 mins I managed to freeze my phone and rebooted lol! Do you have a swap partition?

Guest starkos
Just turned off swap & enabled compcache (18) and in about 5 mins I managed to freeze my phone and rebooted lol! Do you have a swap partition?

My phone keeps rebooting now. So either it's having a swap partition or it's the oc boot.img that I posted that is not playing nicely with compcache!

I strongly suggest that people do nand/bart back-ups before playing with the oc kernel I posted and compcache..

Guest goce.nakov

No, I formated my SD yesterday to one big fat partition...and I'm using default CM 0.30.

Guest wwwhizz

I just used Clockwork to install :

1. 7CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.30.zip

2. CM6_0.3.oc.kernel_signed.zip

3. gapps-mdpi-20100930-signed.zip

Now it keeps rebooting (like starkos said)...

Now I've flashed 7CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.30.zip again, seems to be ok, so I guess there's something wrong with the OC-kernel

Guest totiadrenalin
18% - 24% of the ram.

I just try this:

disable compcache from the cyanogenmod settings.

then from terminal

mkswap /dev/block/mmcblkp03

swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

And guess what?!!

Well no sluggish and fc.

And also I don't like the way of froyo apps2sd works on startup..

WHY?

Well about a minute after booting is needed until I can use the apps that are moved to the fat32 sdcard partition.

And I don't like this.

Also the apps that are installed on the internal memory are responsing much better than those stored on-to the sdcard.

Well?

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest goce.nakov
I just try this:

disable compcache from the cyanogenmod settings.

then from terminal

mkswap /dev/block/mmcblkp03

swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

And guess what?!!

Well no sluggish and fc.

And also I don't like the way of froyo apps2sd works on startup..

WHY?

Well about a minute after booting is needed until I can use the apps that are moved to the fat32 sdcard partition.

And I don't like this.

Also the apps that are installed on the internal memory are responsing much better than those stored on-to the sdcard.

Well?

Well it is personal.....CBA to install 200000 different kernels etc....I am using phone for business purposes (email, docs, reading books and listening music) so for MINE purpose it is running flawless.