CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

found it! though they are not de-odexed :D :

HWCalla_TaiWan

whole system img

I think I've got handwriting working before, in an early FLB2 rom.

gotta dig that file in my PC out and check again..

What version of HC is that? If it is the same .24, it doesn't work. Is it from a Froyo rom?

Edit: Ok, now I see. It is a Froyo rom. I'll work on deodexing it. Ugh. But my instinctive need for sleep must be overcome......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Edit2: :D No luck on the first attempt. Time to go to sleep. Please, someone, do this while I sleep tonight and surprise me in the morning with the great news that it is working perfectly! :P

Edited by twrock

Guest DanWilson
TOM G.

I have something for you.

First read the ReadMe file.

And guys.

This is addressed only to tom.

You may not find something interesting for you.

Sorry.

I read it.

I got confused. I agree that only Tom, or someone else who knows their stuff should read it.

I read it.

I got confused. I agree that only Tom, or someone else who knows their stuff should read it.

You are far too young to be reading that kind of "adult" material. :P

Guest DanWilson
You are far too young to be reading that kind of "adult" material. :D

Is that what that pattern of letters meant...

I see...

:P

Nah. Although On-Topic - Does the OC kernel posted earlier work?

I want 780MHz. A lot.

*HINT HINT*

Guest vladimir.mitevski

Is there any way I can use USB tethering or WIFI tethering with this rom. This rom is the best thing for our Pulse, but with out tethering for me is useless. Are the drivers same as the 2.1 or I need 2.2 drivers? I tried barnacle wifi with 0.20, but doesn't work. This is very important for me since I use my phone 3g connection for internet. Is there any other solution? Thanks

Guest starkos
I just used Clockwork to install :

1. 7CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.30.zip

2. CM6_0.3.oc.kernel_signed.zip

3. gapps-mdpi-20100930-signed.zip

Now it keeps rebooting (like starkos said)...

Now I've flashed 7CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.30.zip again, seems to be ok, so I guess there's something wrong with the OC-kernel

Did you have a swap partition on your sdcard?

Guest starkos
keeps reeboting with the oc kernel here also...i tried every combination there is with or without compcache, jit on/off, i dont have a swap partition

That doesn't sound right? I've been using it since yesterday. When mine was rebooting, it stayed on long enough for me to go in to settings & turn compcache off then after the next reboot it didn't do it again? It should just be an incompatibility with compcache :P Have you tried wiping dalvik-cache after turning compcache off? Not sure if that would help to be honest but you never know...

Guest whackster
Ok.

But you can combine the froyo app2sd and the old dalvik-cache on sd-ext.

This will lead to even more free space.

And still you are using the new Froyo a2sd.

the command in the terminal - via PC:

busybox cp -r /data/dalvik-cache/ /sd-ext/dalvik-cache/

busybox rm -r /data/dalvik-cache/

busybox ln -s /sd-ext/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache

reboot

If you came up with the idea that you actually don't like the dalvik-cache 2 SD, and don't want bigger data space?

Well just change the /data/dalvik-cache/ with /sd-ext/dalvik-cache/ and and vice versa.

:P

Chears

Will these symlinks be lost after a reboot?

And one more thing is bugging me, is /sd-ext/ mounted after a reboot?

Where would the script go to make sure it does what its supposed to at the right time when booting up?

Any help is appreciated :D

Guest flip360

yes it does not :D

i wiped everything (data, dalvik), formated my sdcard with 32Mb swap and fat the rest, i installed the 0.30 rom again.if i dont disable copcache when i type free in term i have the swap partition and its half full so it reads and uses the swap partition. if i disable it, the swap partition is zero. if we could somehow just add OC or have a way to turn it on/off, to toms kernel or you did just that? :P

Edited by flip360

Guest starkos
yes it does not :D

i wiped everything (data, dalvik), formated my sdcard with 32Mb swap and fat the rest, i installed the 0.30 rom again and disabled compcache.

when i type free in term i have the swap partition and its half full so it reads and uses the swap partition. if we could somehow just add oc to toms kernel or you did just that? :P

Yea that's basically what I did. I really don't understand why it wouldn't work for you though. Just now I downloaded the zip I posted in this thread & flashed through recovery & it was working fine? (Didn't turn compcache on to see if it reboots though)

Maybe Tom actually edited some of the kernel source files as well then..

Edit: It shouldn't be using swap partition if compcache is disabled? Have you tried rebooting after disabling it & trying free again?

Edited by starkos

hey guys what is this thing I flashed the new boot.img thet has been uploaded.

I enablet campcach and my phone is rebooting evry 2-3 minutes and sometimes it freezes :S

any ideas???

Guest starkos
hey guys what is this thing I flashed the new boot.img thet has been uploaded.

I enablet campcach and my phone is rebooting evry 2-3 minutes and sometimes it freezes :S

any ideas???

That's what we have been saying for the last 2 pages. Not sure of the problem, maybe the kernel source files are wrong. Either disable compcache & use swap, or go back to stock cm6-0.3 kernel

Guest Philippe Demartin

Ok , flashed on a U8220-6 latino American, every thing run smooth, but no 3g 2g or Edge, no data connection at all, the APN folder is empty :P

I've tried to flash it over different 2.1 base: from Swiss, Hungarian and at the end Venezuelan (who normally give me the right firmware for the 1900 3g) but no luck:(

Somebody have any idea ?

Thank's to the team for the nice work, really appreciate.

Guest wwwhizz
Did you not make nand backup before flashing the oc kernel? If so restore it. If not try flashing the attached zip

CM6_0.3.stock.kernel_signed.zip

Mine reboots too using the OC-kernel when compcache is disabled and the swap (using a partition) is enabled (through Swapper2)

Edited by wwwhizz

Guest starkos
Mine reboots too using the OC-kernel when compcache is disabled and the swap (using a partition) is enabled (through Swapper2)

I really don't know why there is a problem if compcache is disabled as it works fine for me? Maybe it's because I repacked Tom's 0.3 rom with it included and flashed that from the start...

Just wondered why you quoted that post? Did it not go back to the stock non-oc kernel? Worried I posted the wrong one now lol

Is there any way I can use USB tethering or WIFI tethering with this rom. This rom is the best thing for our Pulse, but with out tethering for me is useless. Are the drivers same as the 2.1 or I need 2.2 drivers? I tried barnacle wifi with 0.20, but doesn't work. This is very important for me since I use my phone 3g connection for internet. Is there any other solution? Thanks

Barnacle wifi works for me on .20 and .30. It's not very reliable, but it does the job. Make sure you tick "Skip WPA supplicant" in the settings.

I posted a thread about it here

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...le-wifi-tether/

Edited by Stevos

Guest the1c3man

Hi Guys just to update. I've got CM6 0.30 installed + Dark apps2SD + dalvik on SD + swapper 2 using swap file (compcache disabled), this gives about 57mb internal storage unused.

Runs great and got no real problems, only 3 minors so far are gallery rotation (already known), camera multiple shots (already known), and contacts order is always by last name.

although the system runs great I only get 2.3 in linpack, strange!

Gonna try jit in the CM6 settings next.

If anyone wants instructions of how i got this far just ask.

Edited by the1c3man

Guest wwwhizz
I really don't know why there is a problem if compcache is disabled as it works fine for me? Maybe it's because I repacked Tom's 0.3 rom with it included and flashed that from the start...

Just wondered why you quoted that post? Did it not go back to the stock non-oc kernel? Worried I posted the wrong one now lol

Just wanted you to know I was talking to you :D Flashing the signed stock kernel went well :P (I did backup, but that's my old rom)