CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest igor_anta
Does this have Swap support btw?

Yup. I use compcache though, with starkos' OC kernel and it's awesome. Does the same thing as swap but it seems faster. Cheers!

EDIT: The kernel from this OC post.

Edited by igor_anta

2 questions for everyone using 0.3:

1) Does the sound recorder app show? I can see it in /system/app/ but not in the app draw (not talking about speech recorder, I can see that)

2) Has any one else lost album art since the upgrade like me? Any ideas how I can solve it as I'm at an end with it...

(If someone has answered this already, just ignore mine. But too much happened overnight and I haven't caught up yet.)

I'm thinking the problem is an overly full /system when all the installations are done.

Calculating the total size of apps in the CM rom and standard gApps zips will show that it is "pushing the envelope" for what can be stuffed into that space. I had the same "mystery" no-show for Quickoffice, even though it would run when I clicked on a .txt file! I don't understand why we aren't getting error messages while flashing these zips, but I do know that after I culled a few apps that I didn't want, everything I did want showed back up. YMMV, but I suggest deleting some stuff out of the /system/app of either zip and seeing what you end up with. I'm using the Tre update, so I believe I have more space to stuff into. If you are using the UK update, I don't understand how it is working.

2 questions for everyone using 0.3:

1) Does the sound recorder app show? I can see it in /system/app/ but not in the app draw (not talking about speech recorder, I can see that)

2) Has any one else lost album art since the upgrade like me? Any ideas how I can solve it as I'm at an end with it...

(If someone has answered this already, just ignore mine. But too much happened overnight and I haven't caught up yet.)

I'm thinking the problem is an overly full /system when all the installations are done.

Calculating the total size of apps in the CM rom and standard gApps zips will show that it is "pushing the envelope" for what can be stuffed into that space. I had the same "mystery" no-show for Quickoffice, even though it would run when I clicked on a .txt file! I don't understand why we aren't getting error messages while flashing these zips, but I do know that after I culled a few apps that I didn't want, everything I did want showed back up. YMMV, but I suggest deleting some stuff out of the /system/app of either zip and seeing what you end up with. I'm using the Tre update, so I believe I have more space to stuff into. If you are using the UK update, I don't understand how it is working.

I truly Hope that this post won't be deleted.

Toti, I really don't think someone is deleting your posts. That would require one of the mod's, and I can only imagine it happening if you are being a complete jerk or putting up bad code to mess people up (in which case I think the mods would ban you).

Is it possible there is some other explanation for your missing post? I know that it has happened for me that I really thought I had hit "send" only to discover I had only hit "preview" before closing that window. But my point is, there might just be something else going on.

Ok, installed CM6 for the first now time.

First thing i noticed is the market.

Fails to install things most times.

I tried installing to SD card first, then to internal. Same problem

People know about this yea?

Guest igor_anta
Ok, installed CM6 for the first now time.

First thing i noticed is the market.

Fails to install things most times.

I tried installing to SD card first, then to internal. Same problem

People know about this yea?

It was mentioned one page back. Seems it is a problem with the Google servers and it's affecting many users on many phones, not related to the Pulse or the CM6.1 port.

It was mentioned one page back. Seems it is a problem with the Google servers and it's affecting many users on many phones, not related to the Pulse or the CM6.1 port.

Oh i see, cheers for clearing that up.

Have you found any other bugs in this ROM btw?

Edit * also is there a way to set FxCamera as the default app, instead of the normall camera application, so when i press the camera button on the side, it comes up as FxCamera? *

Edited by TGWS

Still no APN, it's really strange, with all the other ROMs I get at least edge (with the european firmware) and full 3G starting with an South American one

Try adding your providers apn settings manually.

The rom should have the current cyanogenmod apn list, but that doesnt mean it will have every network in it.

And some of the apn settings are screwed. For example on the network I use (optus australia) it has 4 apns listed. One of them screws everything up, so if I don't remove that one I have no data.

Guest MarcusHenrique

Ok, I give up, how you guys formated the sd back to on big fat partition @ windows?

Is just that I'm working too much, and just spent more than an hour, that I should be sleeping, trying to do so with no success. I'm really tired =/

Help pls, thanks

EDIT²: Stupid question 1 answered by myself after finding an win app called sd formatter =P

EDIT: Also, flashing the OC kernel seems to take my phone to bootloop.. not my day <- this one remains

Edited by MarcusHenrique

Ok, i played a little :P with my Pulse, here it is what i find:

Overclock kernel working good, but my phone unstable at 710 Mhz. Stepped down to 690 Mhz with SetCPU.

Compcache little slower than swap for me, so I switched off.

Swap enabled with init.d script, but I have 128 MB partition, so I don't go over swappiness 15. If you set 20 or above in this case, the system will slow down couse of continously swapping.

I have Dalvik on system, but using this script to use SD-EXT for apps instead of internal memory. With this every installed apps go to SD, so Froyo A2SD method don't bother me.

Everything is working what I need now, fast and stable.

Edited by Krinyo

EDIT: Also, flashing the OC kernel seems to take my phone to bootloop.. not my day <- this one remains

I think 710 MHz too fast to Your phone too... starkos, do You create a 690 MHz version please? :P

Here is a stripped down gapps, but since you already filled up system you might need to first wipe and re-flash the rom.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?cwwxd99kmkc846x

thanks for that - will wipe all and reflash tonight when I have time.

Why did you keep the HTC apps in there - I know they are small, but surely they are also unnecessary (unless CM6 depends on them)?

It's a pity you took out maps, but I guess it is rather a big app!

Perhaps I can try making my own cut down version of the gapps, or does it need to be signed (don't know how to do that)?

My configuration is:

install CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.30.zip

+ disable compcache

+ install first OC kernel published by starkos

+ disable froyo a2sd

+ install DT a2sd

+ move Dalvik cache to SD

+ enable JIT

I have 128M swap partition, and all other performance setup is default.

I don't use swapper2 or setcpu.

The benchmark results:

Quadrant: 485-500

Linpack: 4.5-4.9

Neocore: 25.5

Thank's your hard work, pulse is already a very fast phone, I would never have believed it :P :D :D

With compcache instead of swap it can be better???

Guest igor_anta
thanks for that - will wipe all and reflash tonight when I have time.

Why did you keep the HTC apps in there - I know they are small, but surely they are also unnecessary (unless CM6 depends on them)?

It's a pity you took out maps, but I guess it is rather a big app!

Perhaps I can try making my own cut down version of the gapps, or does it need to be signed (don't know how to do that)?

With Clockwork you can select to ignore signatures so no need to sign. And I think that Maps is on Market so you can just download it :P

Guest JohnPorter

Well I tried this last night. Ran quite well if I'm honest, just felt too overwhelmed with all the Cyanogen Settings etc and not knowing what they all did.

Have returned to J-MOD for now till I get the next version released then may return to this.

Would also be interested in creating an alternative ROM based on 2.2 if everyone involved was agreeable, I do understand that I would have to remove all the Cyanogen's stuff though.

Edited by JohnPorter

My configuration is:

install CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.30.zip

+ disable compcache

+ install first OC kernel published by starkos

+ disable froyo a2sd

+ install DT a2sd

+ move Dalvik cache to SD

+ enable JIT

I have 128M swap partition, and all other performance setup is default.

I don't use swapper2 or setcpu.

The benchmark results:

Quadrant: 485-500

Linpack: 4.5-4.9

Neocore: 25.5

Thank's your hard work, pulse is already a very fast phone, I would never have believed it :P :D :D

With compcache instead of swap it can be better???

froyo apps to sd is disabled by choosing storage as phone?

Guest starkos

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don't think it has anything to do with space available on /system. Once booted I currently have around 6mb available & previously 9mb. Either way the app is showing in /system/app/ so space free shouldn't matter, but it is not available in the phone ui/drawer :P ?

I think 710 MHz too fast to Your phone too... starkos, do You create a 690 MHz version please? :D

I thought Tom G added something to the boot.img that defaulted to 528Mhz so it shouldn't be a problem, but it is a posibility..

@MarcusHenrique, have you used an oc kernel with the previous roms? If so what speeds did you use? Also you're using the 2nd oc kernel I uploaded, it has 'patched' in the name of the zip?

Edit: Actually I don't think anything was added to set default speed to 528Mhz, it was to set default governor to ondemand...

Edited by starkos