CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest themadwacky1

not sure if anyone else is experiencing this problem, but everytime i charge up my phone from mains power, as soon as i unplug it it, my phone will start leaking battery at approximately 1% per minute!!!

it seems i can solve this simply by rebooting, and the battery will last quite a long time without any battery just leaking away when in sleep mode.

Guest totiadrenalin
not sure if anyone else is experiencing this problem, but everytime i charge up my phone from mains power, as soon as i unplug it it, my phone will start leaking battery at approximately 1% per minute!!!

it seems i can solve this simply by rebooting, and the battery will last quite a long time without any battery just leaking away when in sleep mode.

read the previews posts.

the answer of it has been given.

download the dtapps2sd-2.7.5-rc3c-signed.zip

and flash the zip truth clockwork

....you will have darktremor...

I downloaded dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip from the latest dark tremor thread on xda developers

and flashed it via ROM Manager (with Clockwork enabled)

but when I then do

su

a2sd check

it gives errors .... lots of "Segmentation fault"

then /system/bin/bash: /system/bin/launcha2sd: No such file or directory

splitboot the boot.img

And edit the init.rc

you need to start the a2sd service wile the os initalize.

Or just type this in the terminal.

Reboot first in recovery.

then connect to pc:

and via adb type this:

adb remount

adb shell

cp -r /data/app /sd-ext/app/

rm -r /data/app

ln -s /sd-ext/app /data/app

reboot
If you want to use dalvik-cache to sd? continue
cp -r /data/dalvik-cache /sd-ext/dalvik-cache/

rm -r /data/dalvik-cache

ln -s /sd-ext/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache

reboot
But remember. If you want to revert the action you will have to do it via adb in recovery again. move the apps back to data
adb remount

adb shell

rm /data/app

cp -r /sd-ext/app /data/app/

rm -r /sd-ext/app

reboot
move the dalvik-cache back to data continue
rm /data/app

cp -r /sd-ext/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache/

rm -r /sd-ext/dalvik-cache

reboot

Best regards

TOTI

Thanks for that - I assume this is what dark tremor a2sd does behind the scenes. I can do this, but it is not as user friendly as 'a2sd check' and 'a2sd chachesd'

I would rather get dt working if possible - currently getting errors - see my last post on this thread

Guest totiadrenalin
Thanks for that - I assume this is what dark tremor a2sd does behind the scenes. I can do this, but it is not as user friendly as 'a2sd check' and 'a2sd chachesd'

I would rather get dt working if possible - currently getting errors - see my last post on this thread

It only use the busybox.

that's the diferents.

But since this rom is rooted by default busybox is not needed.

Guest AdamBaker
And at least twice a month you should fully discharge the battery until the phone turn off it self.

and then recharge it turned off.

Not with LiIon batteries - that was good advice for NiCd and NiMH cells (they'd behave as if they were discharged when they weren't if you kept topping them up and never completely discharge them) but LiIon cells don't have that problem and don't like being completely discharged (In fact the phone will turn off before they are completely discharged because if you do completely discharge by letting them self discharge for too long after the phone switches off then you will kill them)

Guest starkos

Some people have said it worked for them, so as a guess I would say when u flashed DT u ran out of space on /system. If u have time u could test this theoey. Wipe and flash CM6 again bit this time don't flash gapps, then flash DT as you should have enough space now. If a2sd now works it was probably a space issue, if not, at least u tried :P

Edit: Was on phone before, just realised you flashed a newer version than was suggested. I would try & get the exact version that was mentioned & try that first

Edited by starkos

Guest totiadrenalin
Some people have said it worked for them, so as a guess I would say when u flashed DT u ran out of space on /system. If u have time u could test this theoey. Wipe and flash CM6 again bit this time don't flash gapps, then flash DT as you should have enough space now. If a2sd now works it was probably a space issue, if not, at least u tried :P

Edit: Was on phone before, just realised you flashed a newer version than was suggested. I would try & get the exact version that was mentioned & try that first

via adb in recovery mod.

type:

mv /system/app/RomManager.apk /data/app/RomManager.apk

And you will have enough space for the dta2sd in system.

Guest totiadrenalin
via adb in recovery mod.

type:

mv /system/app/RomManager.apk /data/app/RomManager.apk

And you will have enough space for the dta2sd in system.

starkos.

Did you patch the init.rc?

well I guess that for dta2sd to get working it need the a2sd service to be initalized wile the os booting up.

to do that part you need ad that service in the init.rc

Guest starkos
starkos.

Did you patch the init.rc?

well I guess that for dta2sd to get working it need the a2sd service to be initalized wile the os booting up.

to do that part you need ad that service in the init.rc

To set the default clock speed? Not init.rc, but the init.qcom.rc (it's in same place - ramdisk-image). People have said they have dta2sd working so the init.rc should be fine.

Guest totiadrenalin
To set the default clock speed? Not init.rc, but the init.qcom.rc (it's in same place - ramdisk-image). People have said they have dta2sd working so the init.rc should be fine.

I know that init.qcom.rc need to be set.

It can be done even with a script in /system/etc/init.d/

But I was talking about the dta2sd service.

Ok.

I use only dalvik-cache to /sd-ext/

And I don't need dta2sd.

Because I found that the froyo a2sd is much better.

A beat slower in boot, but still better.

:P

Thank you again for the kernel.

qcom=qualcom?

Edited by totiadrenalin

I tried installing this last night and it all seemed to go pear-shaped. I ran the flashing and shortly after the "Verifying upgrade package" part I got a load of horrible errors (the details of which I forget, but they looked like code) and finally "Installation aborted".

Upon resume I have all my data gone (as expected with the various wipes), but the apps are all there (assumedly courtesy of Android reinstall). It seems somewhat functional (after a day's lightish usage), but the major issue is with Google Sync (Google Services Framework) constantly force closing on me - rendering many Google apps useless. Also Market is no longer present. As with every other attempt, my nand backup will not restore, says I should use adb.

I'll try some other upgrade paths, but if anyone can help with this I'd appreciate it. If not then I'll be satisfied to have contributed to the bug squashing mission

Here's the process I took:

• Reboot into recovery
  • Wipe data
  • Wipe Dalvik-cache
  • Flash zip from SD

• Stock 1.5
    • December update
    • Modaco 1.5 custom rom
    • Hungarian 2.1
    • Tre 2.1
    • FLB 2
    • CM6 v0.3
Edited by KenBW2

I tried installing this last night and it all seemed to go pear-shaped. I ran the flashing and shortly after the "Verifying upgrade package" part I got a load of horrible errors (the details of which I forget, but they looked like code) and finally "Installation aborted".

Upon resume I have all my data gone (as expected with the various wipes), but the apps are all there (assumedly courtesy of Android reinstall). It seems somewhat functional (after a day's lightish usage), but the major issue is with Google Sync (Google Services Framework) constantly force closing on me - rendering many Google apps useless. Also Market is no longer present. As with every other attempt, my nand backup will not restore, says I should use adb.

I'll try some other upgrade paths, but if anyone can help with this I'd appreciate it. If not then I'll be satisfied to have contributed to the bug squashing mission

• Reboot into recovery
  • Wipe data
  • Wipe Dalvik-cache
  • Flash zip from SD

• Stock 1.5
    • December update
    • Modaco 1.5 custom rom
    • Hungarian 2.1
    • Tre 2.1
    • FLB 2
    • CM6 v0.3

Do somthing very simple.

Wipe your whole phone.

Download 2.1 UK update.

Start again.

Do a Nand backup again thou.

Most of your data you should be able to get back from your computer ( Where ever you have stored it. )

Guest starkos

• Reboot into recovery
  • Wipe data
  • Wipe Dalvik-cache
  • Flash zip from SD

• Stock 1.5
    • December update
    • Modaco 1.5 custom rom
    • Hungarian 2.1
    • Tre 2.1
    • FLB 2
    • CM6 v0.3

Due to the error you got, I'm assuming you used Amon RA recovery? Use Clockwork recovery & it should flash fine. Regarding the nand restore, I've had that a couple of times. For me, disconnecting the usb cable & rebooting the phone is enough for it to start working again, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will work for you though :P

Edit: As TGWS said above, you may need to flash UK 2.1 anyway, possibly need it for the partition layout/sizes

Edited by starkos

Starkos - you were spot on

I was checking what was in the dt zip and used adb to check what files installed, and yes, some were missing. Took me a while to go through the install scripts to suss out what files should be there and which shouldn't. So I realised then that I probably ran out of memory/space during the install. So I went back to FLBmod1.7, then flashed CM6 over that, then flashed DT. Have just checked, all DT files have installed and I have just done 'a2sd cachesd' so all should now be well. Time now to flash gapps (have made my own gapps_tiny.zip) and see where they install.

totaladrenalin

in the zip file /META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script installs the DT files then runs /data/dtinstall.launch which runs /system/bin/dtinstall which sets up the install log /data/dtinstall.log

/system/bin/dtinstall also copies a2sd program launcher into /system/etc/init.d as 04apps2sd or 10apps2sd or 35apps2sd so a2sd then runs at boot

Then the updater script deletes both /data/dtinstall.launch and /system/bin/dtinstall

a2sd logs events for the current session in /data/dta2sd.log

Due to the error you got, I'm assuming you used Amon RA recovery? Use Clockwork recovery & it should flash fine. Regarding the nand restore, I've had that a couple of times. For me, disconnecting the usb cable & rebooting the phone is enough for it to start working again, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will work for you though :P

He should of already had Clockwork from the Instructions from Page 1?

Very simple instructions that neeed to be followed.

hehe :D

Guest starkos
Starkos - you were spot on

I was checking what was in the dt zip and used adb to check what files installed, and yes, some were missing. Took me a while to go through the install scripts to suss out what files should be there and which shouldn't. So I realised then that I probably ran out of memory/space during the install. So I went back to FLBmod1.7, then flashed CM6 over that, then flashed DT. Have just checked, all DT files have installed and I have just done 'a2sd cachesd' so all should now be well. Time now to flash gapps (have made my own gapps_tiny.zip) and see where they install.

So is a2sd working then? Saves me having to upload a test package I found on the DT thread over at xda then lol. Basically they edited the updater-script so it deletes 05mountsd, which mounts the ext partition on sd-ext (I think :lol ) as they believed dta2sd conflicted with it on CM nightlies...

ui_print("[ ] Removing CM 6.1 sdmount");

delete("/system/etc/init.d/05mountsd");

Edited by starkos

Starkos, I am not too sure now. Have done a 'a2sd reinstall' to hopefully move apps onto the sd card but according to android settings/applications/manage applications there are no applications on the SD card

Have checked the SD card and there are now folders for app and app_private but nothing in them. Dalvik is on the SD card though.

Another thing, a2sd check is reporting my sd card is ext2 yet I formatted/partitioned it as ext3

Will have to download some apps from the Market and see where they are put, or is that function taken care of by Froyo? Getting confused now - it is late and I should be in bed.

One other thing - on my home screen the google search widget thingie is saying 'Problem loading widget'

Guest totiadrenalin
Starkos, I am not too sure now. Have done a 'a2sd reinstall' to hopefully move apps onto the sd card but according to android settings/applications/manage applications there are no applications on the SD card

Have checked the SD card and there are now folders for app and app_private but nothing in them. Dalvik is on the SD card though.

Another thing, a2sd check is reporting my sd card is ext2 yet I formatted/partitioned it as ext3

Will have to download some apps from the Market and see where they are put, or is that function taken care of by Froyo? Getting confused now - it is late and I should be in bed.

One other thing - on my home screen the google search widget thingie is saying 'Problem loading widget'

Why don;t you forget dta2sd?

Use what I wrote before?

I will write other script for you if you like?

But it won't be necessary.

I downloaded dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip from the latest dark tremor thread on xda developers

and flashed it via ROM Manager (with Clockwork enabled)

but when I then do

su

a2sd check

it gives errors .... lots of "Segmentation fault"

then /system/bin/bash: /system/bin/launcha2sd: No such file or directory

I had exactly the same problem. I did two things and I'm not sure which one mattered. But here they are:

1. I deleted some files out of /system/app in both the CM and gApps zip files

2. I installed the zips in this order, without booting in between: CM, DT A2SD, gApps.

I used DT 2.7.5.2 and it works fine.

Why don;t you forget dta2sd?

Use what I wrote before?

I will write other script for you if you like?

But it won't be necessary.

I personally like DT A2SD because I already know how to make use of it and it is easy to install. It has become a "standard" that is recognized and useful for many of us. You might not think it is the "best" way, and you might be right. But familiarity has it's benefits too.

As always, YMMV, and obviously it does! :P

Edit: Oh, and one more thing, I was not able to install widgets or apps with widgets to SD with the built-in a2sd. That reduced its effectiveness for me.

Edited by twrock

Guest starkos

Hi, sounds likes it's working (I think). The manage applications thing is normal, it only shows apps that are on SD that were put there by the Froyo a2sd method. The idea of a2sd DT etc, is to trick the system into thinking that the ext partition is actually internal storage. Therefore it is probably best to set install location to Internal in the CyanogenMod settings.

The ext2/3 partition thing may be due to that Tom decided not to/forgot to add the module ext3.ko to the rom, therefore the ext3 partition will run & be recognised as ext2. That's just a theory but it's easy enough to manually add the module to test it.

When you say you checked your sdcard, you do mean the ext partition don't you? You kinda make it sound like your whole sdcard is formatted ext3 lol? Easiest thing to do (after setting internal as mentioned above), is to install an apk then check the app/app_private folders on the ext again & see if it's in one of them

Edit: Easy was to check if working: In terminal type: df -h (put the phone in landscape to read output). Look for the /sd-ext & if the sizes are the same as /data/app & /data/app-private then all is fine

Edited by starkos

Guest flip360

hi toti, what is the multitasking app you are using?

Also would like to agree that froyo`s a2sd works normally i dont know why we should use DT a2sd anymore.

i added starkos swapon script to init.d and its recognized alongside compcache, i dont know if its acting as backing swap but no more lockups and the phone runs beautifully.

cheers

Edited by flip360