CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest totiadrenalin
I can't install any apps, the phone just reboots, has anyone an idea what I can do?

open the terminal emulator application.

type:

su

rm -r /data/data/

reboot

this will act like system restore, but without loosing the installed applications.

before that open the Phone application

menu>import/export>export to sd card.

Because you will loose all of your contacts.

Best Regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin
Hi all

managed to install this new rom on my device and everything seem great except i can't get pcsuite to recognize the device so i can't sync my contacts and calader to the phone from outlook, the phones drivers are all installed ok in device manager (running Windows 7) tried the android 2.1 driver also found in another thread for win7, am i missing something on my phone or a different piece of software for the pc.

Regards

Chris

Open the zip of some flb mod.

and find /system/app/HuaweiSyncClient.apk

Use the original stock app from huawei for 2.1.

That works for me.

Tom Can include some of the Huawei's stock apps in this rom.

There's no SDK limitation in this applications

But The Device Nams have to be Pulse instead of U8220/Pulse in build.prop

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest rulerofkaos
open the terminal emulator application.

type:

su

rm -r /data/data/

reboot

this will act like system restore, but without loosing the installed applications.

before that open the Phone application

menu>import/export>export to sd card.

Because you will loose all of your contacts.

Best Regards

TOTI

Thanks Toti, now it works :)

Guest totiadrenalin
Thanks Toti, now it works :)

And TOM G!

Will you please include the userinit.sh shell script in your next release and set the user.conf to automatic odex all of the system applications, and /system/framework/ ?

This way it'll save up to 15-20MB in /data/

So people won't need to use dta2sd at all.

Because I found the froyo buidin apps2sd much stable and faster.

and also include the swapon for the swap partition or swapfile.

I'm strongly recommending you this.

Not the backing swap.

But a regular Linux swap.

Because I found that the standard backing swap it's not recommended anymore.

Best Regards

TOTI

I seem to be having a bit of a problem, followed the first part of Diehard's instructions (noted earlier), get to the blue screen, then run the fastboot from linux:

edash@compaqLaptop:~/Desktop/recovery$ sudo ./fastboot-linux flash recovery recovery-RA-pulse-v1.5.2.img

[sudo] password for edash:

sending 'recovery' (3768 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... OKAY

edash@compaqLaptop:~/Desktop/recovery$

On restart of pulse thought I'd see a new app, but nothing seemed to have changed, I know I'm new on this and prob missing something is the issue because I'm on 2,1 (UK)?

run into another minor bug, not sure if it is just me.

But when i go to Settings, Applications,Manage applications and then uninstall any app, when it is done, the timer will stick and wont disappear.

+1

just press back button.

This bug is present since TOM release Froyo for first time.

That's the way :)

Guest AntonioPT
I seem to be having a bit of a problem, followed the first part of Diehard's instructions (noted earlier), get to the blue screen, then run the fastboot from linux:

edash@compaqLaptop:~/Desktop/recovery$ sudo ./fastboot-linux flash recovery recovery-RA-pulse-v1.5.2.img

[sudo] password for edash:

sending 'recovery' (3768 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... OKAY

edash@compaqLaptop:~/Desktop/recovery$

On restart of pulse thought I'd see a new app, but nothing seemed to have changed, I know I'm new on this and prob missing something is the issue because I'm on 2,1 (UK)?

When you install the recovery image there's no app to access it. You must shut down your phone, and then tap the power button while pressing the MENU + END CALL buttons. From there you can install new ROMS (FLB-MOD, Cyanogen, J-MOD, ...), wipe your phone, partition your SD card, ...

So, can anyone respond to these two questions?

1) Is there a next version of the port coming soon, or is 0.30 the version to get?

2) How does CM6 0.30 compare to FLB 1.7 in terms of speed for the average user?

When you install the recovery image there's no app to access it. You must shut down your phone, and then tap the power button while pressing the MENU + END CALL buttons. From there you can install new ROMS (FLB-MOD, Cyanogen, J-MOD, ...), wipe your phone, partition your SD card, ...

Cheers, that was the bit of info I needed!

Guest thisweb
That's the point.

If you have low class sdcard?

Well then I'll strongly suggest you to use the integrated froyo apps2sd.

Thanks. I still think DTa2sd is better. Heres what I can gather as to why DTA2SD is better than FroyoA2SD:

1) It uses EXT not FAT32 files system default. Faster/safer

2) It doesn't encrypt the apps and put them in an obscure place (it stores them as APKs in ext partition)

3) It works with all apps including widgets (unlike froyo)

4) It uses less internal cache memory when installing apks than froyo (cache files)

5) It loads apps quicker than FroyoA2SD

Anyone care to comment in favour of FroyoA2SD?

Guest JimJam707
Thanks. I still think DTa2sd is better. Heres what I can gather as to why DTA2SD is better than FroyoA2SD:

2) It doesn't encrypt the apps and put them in an obscure place (it stores them as APKs in ext partition)

4) It uses less internal cache memory when installing apks than froyo (cache files)

Froyo A2SD = So easy an old lady could do it.

Guest pouncep

After installing .30, I can't find certain apps on the market and adb install doesn't work anymore for .30. It was working for .20. Please help.

I'm on T-mo US.

Unzip. adb push in /system/etc/init.d/05mountsd

on next reboot it'll mount the ext partition on /sd-ext/

Best Regards

TOTI

So this didn't work. I rebooted 2-3 times after adding this, but no luck.

Anyway I got it working.

This is what I've done.

BackUp SD

Install AmonRa

RePartition

Copied back the files to the SD

then it worked

So i guess there was something wrong with the partition

Anyhow I love my Pulse now. The only annoying thing left for me is the Gallery app...

Froyo A2SD = So easy an old lady could do it.

Well, that explains it. No wonder I was having trouble with Froyo A2SD; I'm not an old lady!

I guess I'll have to stick with DT. :) :)

The only annoying thing left for me is the Gallery app...

Just don't ever tilt your phone! Seriously though, I didn't even know there was a gallery bug until someone told me about it. I guess I very rarely rotate my phone.

Interesting points.

I'm not sure about EXT beng intrinsically faster than FAT though? Also the encryption should allay concerns over relative safety.

On a performance front - whilst it makes sense that the encryption would hit performance, Google have stated that there's "no effect on the application performance so long as the external storage is mounted". It would be interesting to see benchmarks for this.

Here's a few points potentially in favour of Froyo asec over apps2sd IMO

1) No need to partition the SD card. This is arguably crucial to widespread adoption. Also it means you don't have to muck about with repartitioning the card if you realise you need more room, or if you oversized it and wasted your space.

2) General reliability. Personally I never found apps2sd functionality reliable. So far no problems noticed with asec.

3) Standardised to the platform. It's a built in feature and has been developed and tested as a core part of the platform rather than hacked together by (admittedly skilled) amateurs. Arguably there may be compatibility benefits in some circumstances.

I think I'll be sticking with froyo's built in asec.

Good news for Chinese handwriting IME. HanvonCalla IME from the 2.1 rom works just fine in this rom. I must have been doing something wrong back last week, and never got it to work. (I suspect it was a space problem once again.)

A big "thank you" to protocold for proving that it did work and telling me about it.

Incidentally, it looks like there is no reason to include the Touchpal CHT and CHS language packs if you aren't using Touchpal. Maybe I'll update that HanvonCalla install zip to eliminate those.

Edit: Actually, I should just make two separate install files, one for HanvonCalla and one for Touchpal with Zhuyin and Pinyin. For anyone who is wondering, Touchpal, Chtpack and Chspack from 2.1 roms install just fine in this rom as well.

Edited by twrock

Guest protocold

Can someone pls post a working Gallery3D.apk that actually rotate?

The one i got from FLB2 works but it doesnt rotate at all...... did i mess sth up?

Guest BaKacSiN

Who can help me? My Usb cable is bad and i want to install the CyanogenMod 6 but i can not install in recoverymod(Clockwork) so who can make nandroid and upload it?

Sorry... I can install :)

Edited by BaKacSiN

2) It doesn't encrypt the apps and put them in an obscure place (it stores them as APKs in ext

partition)

+1

Absolutely agree. I don't know what instability what totiadrenalin talking about...

Guest naniteboy

OK ... I've been reading and reading and reading this thread (running CM 6.1 0.3 currently) and can not put my finger on one thing.

Since I'm not at all happy with Froyo's support for A2SD and the lack of swap (compcache doesn't do it for me).

So I just want 0.3 WITH DarkTremor A2SD which works like it should + swap ... but can not get it to run properly.

Is there or isn't there any way to make this work? I don't want OC since my battery is dying to fast - just plain 0.3 + DT A2SD.

I'm willing to completely reinstall the phone but can not seem to get all the steps 100% right - so any help (todo, step-by-step) is very appreciated.

My SD is class6 now (finally got a faster than original), 256 ext partition and 64 swap partition - which should be OK since the same setup worked for me even on FLB 1.7 and on CM 0.2.

Other option is to return to 0.2 (not really since I need working btooth for earpiece while driving) or FLB 1.7 (which seems like downgrade so I don't prefer it :))

Can someone pls post a working Gallery3D.apk that actually rotate?

The one i got from FLB2 works but it doesnt rotate at all...... did i mess sth up?

FLB2 was based on the AOSP roms which also had the broken gallery. The gallery from 0.1 or 0.2 should work. It has been broken in a more recent update to CyanogenMod.

FLB2 was based on the AOSP roms which also had the broken gallery. The gallery from 0.1 or 0.2 should work. It has been broken in a more recent update to CyanogenMod.

hi tom,

i dont know how to extract the gallery apk out of the system.img in your 0.2 release.

im on winxp here.

so, do i have to reinstall 0.2 first and pull the apk to sd? then install 0.3 later and push the apk back to the phone?