CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

The bin and lib files of dalvk jit are already included in this rom.

This is standard for Froyo.

you need to activate it in CyanoGenMod Settings.

And the Jit files from dta2sd are for eclair not for froyo.

Is it secure, I won't get stuck in a bootloop again? (I just reinstalled)

Also, does it use up extra battery?

Guest AntonioPT
Is it secure, I won't get stuck in a bootloop again? (I just reinstalled)

Also, does it use up extra battery?

I've been using JIT from the moment I installed CM on my phone and it works very nicely. No noticeable battery loss and it certainly adds up extra power to your Pulse :rolleyes:. I also changed VM Heapsize to 24M, 16M sounded too little...

I've been using JIT from the moment I installed CM on my phone and it works very nicely. No noticeable battery loss and it certainly adds up extra power to your Pulse :rolleyes:. I also changed VM Heapsize to 24M, 16M sounded too little...

Great, what are the best min-max settings for SetCPU?

Guest AntonioPT
Great, what are the best min-max settings for SetCPU?

122 MHz is WAAAY too slow, so my setcpu settings are the following:

245-691 MHz

Profile: On screen off: 245-528 MHz

Profile: Temp > 50.0ºC 122-122 MHz (just in case the overclocking makes my phone on fire :rolleyes:)

Guest totiadrenalin
122 MHz is WAAAY too slow, so my setcpu settings are the following:

245-691 MHz

Profile: On screen off: 245-528 MHz

Profile: Temp > 50.0ºC 122-122 MHz (just in case the overclocking makes my phone on fire :rolleyes:)

50.0ºC ?

This CPU will never get this High temperature.

Maybe 45.0ºC, but 50.0ºC?

60.0ºC is near CPU burn up temperature, and at 75.0ºC will burn up the entire board.

Well only on charger while the browser is working on background using 3G data, the market is updating all of your installed and system applications in background, listening music in background, and you are playing the Asphalt game. But still this is to high temperature.

:huh:

On 47.0ºC your phone will reboot automatically.

Or maybe even shutdown.

Belive me.

:huh:

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest Pq2son2
So all I have to do is install it, no other settings that must be changed?

On "Main" my settings are

"Scaling on demand

691 max 245 min"

Set on boot is unchecked. (change this?)

All this values are fine, then it is possible that you have some application that drains your battery. Seek in "Settings->About Phone->Battery Use" and tell us the first one that will appear. :rolleyes:

I installed the CM6 rom a few weeks ago and immediately found it to be much slower than the FLB 2 rom from which I came, which was a shame because FLB2 gave me a very welcome relief after a year of crippledness. This opinion hasn't changed and am becoming increasingly frustrated with its inability to actually do anything while music is playing. Other problems include strange sound corruption (anyone else noticed a horrible white noise instead of a low battery alert?), its dire shortage of space for apps.

However, this rom does actually have more working (wifi including tethering via barnacle, camera) and some of the CM6 features are quite useful (lock screen music controls anyone?) and would be sad to see these go if I went back to FLB2. If anyone could suggest anything that I could remove from CM6 that wasn't in FLB2 (I installed the full Google Apps zip on CM6, rather than the tiny one in FLB2, as per the instructions if this helps) to increase its speed/storage space I'd be much endebted. But I don't think it's actually possible since the difference is amazing. FLB2 was faster than 1.5, whereas CM6 is like 2.1 all over again :rolleyes:

Please tempt me away from returning to FLB2 :huh:

Edited by KenBW2

Iv been using FLB-MOD 1.6 for a good while now, I feel so late didnt know Flib ant got a pulse anymore what do I do now :rolleyes: , I wanted to try this but I dont like Clockwork had a bad experiance with it a while back.

Will this Rom be become compatible with Amon-ra recovery or will I just have to get use to Clockwork.

Iv been using FLB-MOD 1.6 for a good while now, I feel so late didnt know Flib ant got a pulse anymore what do I do now :huh: , I wanted to try this but I dont like Clockwork had a bad experiance with it a while back.

Will this Rom be become compatible with Amon-ra recovery or will I just have to get use to Clockwork.

I don't know what your bad experience was, but mine was that it did not warn me that the backup I just made didn't work because the SD card was full. It just went on it's merry way and created zero byte files. And it is really hard to restore a backup made of zero byte files. :rolleyes:

Other than that, why not just install CW to install this rom, and then go back to AmonRA after?

Guest AntonioPT

I have seen a lot of people complaining about the speed of CM. I too noticed, when I first flashed CM, that it was very slow. BUT, after flashing the OC kernel provided by Starkos (thank you :rolleyes:), enabling JIT (Settings > Cyanogenmod settings > Performance settings > Use JIT), changing VM heap to 24M (Settings > Cyanogenmod settings > Performance settings > VM heap size), and adjusting the up threshold in SetCPU to 35% (SetCPU > Advanced > Up Threshold), my phone became WAY, WAY faster and responsive than any other ROM I have ever tried before.

Seriously, before complaining about the speed on CM and going back to FLB/J-MOD/stock/whatever, please try the tips above: you will certainly notice the difference :huh:

Guest add.thebad
I have seen a lot of people complaining about the speed of CM. I too noticed, when I first flashed CM, that it was very slow. BUT, after flashing the OC kernel provided by Starkos (thank you :rolleyes:), enabling JIT (Settings > Cyanogenmod settings > Performance settings > Use JIT), changing VM heap to 24M (Settings > Cyanogenmod settings > Performance settings > VM heap size), and adjusting the up threshold in SetCPU to 35% (SetCPU > Advanced > Up Threshold), my phone became WAY, WAY faster and responsive than any other ROM I have ever tried before.

Seriously, before complaining about the speed on CM and going back to FLB/J-MOD/stock/whatever, please try the tips above: you will certainly notice the difference :huh:

wow i never had a problem with the speed b4 and allways found it faster than any eclair rom but this has made it a bit more snappy it seems

cheers!

others should give it a try

Guest AdamBaker
0.3 added bluetooth support. I'm not sure if I mentioned when it was released, but I have nothing to test bluetooth with, so the only testing was that the software side appears to work. Could people please report there experiences with bluetooth in 0.3, what works, what doesn't. There were some problems experience in the aosp rom with bluetooth relating to the routing of audio, so they may still be there, or as suriya83 reported it may not work at all.

I can confirm Bluetooth HID support is working which is a CM feature. Bluetooth OPP works to send from the pulse with a suitable sending app but I can't make it receive. The GPS icon seems to get stuck on but I don't believe the GPS itself is turning off. The wrong permissions on /data/app need sorting out.

Guest AntonioPT
I can confirm Bluetooth HID support is working which is a CM feature. Bluetooth OPP works to send from the pulse with a suitable sending app but I can't make it receive. The GPS icon seems to get stuck on but I don't believe the GPS itself is turning off. The wrong permissions on /data/app need sorting out.

The GPS is indeed turned off. Try, for example, opening Google Navigation, select a destination, wait for it to get GPS signal and then turn off GPS. You'll see that it will say "GPS signal lost".

Guest spanner44
I you haven't found it yet, here's one: http://www.mediafire.com/file/aat4zjn1dd5ddyr/TPChinese.zip

And that is not a flashable zip; unzip it and install as usual.

Note: that includes two language packs you probably don't want to install.

Thanks for that, but I managed to also find the link in the app of the day section. Been looking at it all the time on the market, but didn't realize that it was the same one, as it was in chinese and just needs the language settings changing after installing.

I can also confirm that Bluetooth is working for sending items to other phones but have not been able to try anything else with it yet, and also the GPS icon remains on, although it is switched off.

The wrong permissions on /data/app need sorting out.

Wrong permissions? Thats the first I've heard of it. What needs to be changed?

PS. I've been very busy with other things the last couple of weeks and haven't had time to play with any of my collection of Android devices. I will hopefully have time to get back to it soon.

Edited by Tom G

Guest Theme Ishere

Just a short question: Is it actually possible to change the size of the swap partition without actually changing it? I mean, I don't want to copy everything to my pc, wipe, change the sizes physically, install everything back and restore, but just tell A2SD that it should just use less percentage or space from the swap partition. Is there a command for that or am I out of luck?

Guest goce.nakov
Just a short question: Is it actually possible to change the size of the swap partition without actually changing it? I mean, I don't want to copy everything to my pc, wipe, change the sizes physically, install everything back and restore, but just tell A2SD that it should just use less percentage or space from the swap partition. Is there a command for that or am I out of luck?

You are out of luck.....Imagine your SD card like HDD on your PC and that you want to change some partition.......do you know any command? :rolleyes:.

So if you dont have some app like Partition Magic (for PC) you can't do anything, you need to reformat your SD card.

Gparted (linux). It's free, it's easy. It's available as a bootable CD, so you don't even need to even install linux or gparted.

Guest cph2001

I've Just tried this (already had JIT enabled), then did a CWMod Backup and now am stuck in a boot loop. Even wiped everything and tried an older backup but still the same. Am now rebuilding from scratch so my words of advice are beware of changing the Cyanogen Performance settings !

Guest MarcellesWolles

WOW 1++ :huh: We´re going to have lightspeed :D

Guest mikeb90

i'm waiting for the next release of CM for pulse... when will it be avaliable? ... :S i'm chocking with my 2.1 official... and i wanna change with the Cyanogen...

PS: I support you guys! it's an incredible work you're doing... in every case: THANKS A LOT!!!!! :rolleyes:

Guest Theme Ishere

That's what I meant, I don't want to change the partition. I thought there might be a way to tell the A2SD only to use a specific amount of the Swap partition (so it would still be, say 128MB in size but only 64MB were used).

That's what I meant, I don't want to change the partition. I thought there might be a way to tell the A2SD only to use a specific amount of the Swap partition (so it would still be, say 128MB in size but only 64MB were used).

You said: "I don't want to copy everything to my pc, wipe, change the sizes physically, install everything back and restore, but just tell A2SD that it should just use less percentage or space from the swap partition."

What I meant is that you don't have to do all of that. No, I don't know of any way to use A2SD to do what your want, but there is a relatively simple way to achieve your goal without going through all the steps you listed in your original question.

You can just resize your swap partition in Gparted and leave the rest alone. You'll have some empty space on your SD card, but you don't have to do any backing up and restoring of your data. Resizing the swap partition won't do anything to your data in the fat32 partition or the ext partition. And, if you want to go even further, you can try to resize your other partitions and make them larger to take advantage of the space your gained by reducing your swap partition size.

Edit: Still, any time your start mucking about with your partitions, you'd better have a backup.

Edited by twrock