CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest Joe1993
You have to flash it through fastboot, not via the recovery.

i know i accidently put the boot.img on before the system and userdata, so i tried wiping to do it a fresh but the boot.img wont wipe via the recovery and its saying that system.img is not a boot img,

heres what im doing in command prompt; C:\1.5.2-pulse-amonrarecovery\fastboot-windows flash boot c:\system\system.img

Guest Holograph

FIXED ROTATION!

Use Flib's rotation fix ( http://www.mediafire.com/?5vmtjolub2dtkcl )

Extract the zip on your SD-Card

Open ADB and insert the following commands:

mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

rm -r /system/lib/hw

cp -r /sdcard/hw /system/lib/

reboot

and you have working sensors :)

(And much faster than on Eclair)

Edited by Holograph

Guest Joe1993

Thank you so muchhhh.... but have you got any ideas why the userdata.img is not copying and saying it can not determine the image file

EDIT: wooo fixed the problem, turns out you need userdata before userdata.img

Edited by Joe1993

Guest gusthy
Thank you so muchhhh.... but have you got any ideas why the userdata.img is not copying and saying it can not determine the image file

do you use the exact command?

fastboot flash userdata userdata.img

Guest Joe1993
do you use the exact command?

fastboot flash userdata userdata.img

yep, now i just need to put market on and rotation, hwo do you guys get into making this stuff? would like to start learning

Guest hungary

I got 4.500 in Linpack with CyanMod + JIT + Overclock @ 691 + Compcache + 32MB Heap Size... I dont know how Gusthy got the 5.300 :) I think its the simple FroYo rom.

Quadrant score is 456.

Edited by hungary

Guest totiadrenalin
I got 4.500 in Linpack with CyanMod + JIT + Overclock @ 691 + Compcache + 32MB Heap Size... I dont know how Gusthy got the 5.300 :) I think its the simple FroYo rom.

I just read all the 10 threads of the cm6 pulse port.

TOM G!

Can i fix the old known bugs which was present in the old froyo pulse rom?

Like the rotation, 3G data connection, the a2sd ext partition mount and the market issues the way that they wore fixed in flb2.0?

Or this CM6 Pulse froyo has some major changings and now the egl libs from eclair doesn't work in this rom.

I just download the rom images, but First I'll wayt for the answer.

THX anyway.

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest thisweb

I

Quadrant score is 456.

I think gusthy used swap and not compcache - not sure compcache works out well for pulse. Do you have class 6 sd card also.?

Guest hungary
I

I think gusthy used swap and not compcache - not sure compcache works out well for pulse. Do you have class 6 sd card also.?

Thanks, i try the swap and disable compcache. Yeah, i have Class6 card.

Guest totiadrenalin
Thanks, i try the swap and disable compcache. Yeah, i have Class6 card.

I guess the answer is yes for all my questions.

So I'll just flash my pulse with the new CM6 Pulse rom.

Guest thisweb
I guess the answer is yes for all my questions.

So I'll just flash my pulse with the new CM6 Pulse rom.

I think so. Any chance you could upload it if you manage to fix. Seems tomg might have a camera fix now too which is essentially the end of the road for us pulse users! Unless you fancy another go at multitouch :)

Edited by thisweb

Guest totiadrenalin
I think so. Any chance you could upload it if you manage to fix. Seems tomg might have a camera fix now too which is essentially the end of the road for us pulse users! Unless you fancy another go at multitouch :)

When BB fix the MT kernel.

Then I guess the only think to left is to use the MT>

;)

Well....

The point is elsewhere.

First of all.

for some unknown reason Huawei decided to use a singletouch drivers for the synaptic_i2c_rmi_touchscreen_controller

all other devices which are using the same touchscreen use the non modified drivers.

Which are DT capable by default.

So when BB patch the drivers and make his MT kernel.

And after I flash my touchcontroller's firmware, in theory should get the MT on my device.

But instead of that I get even stranger effect then the old well known bug.

so I'm sorry, but in practice I just have to say no for the MT in pulse.

There is only one more chance to manage to extract the firmware from hero or dream device and flash my pulse.

Maybe the problem it is with the firmware?!!!

Who knows?!

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin

Any way!!

WOW!

It is very nice rom!

Specially with the settings app.

TOM G

Only one more question.

Is this froyo kernel compcache enabled?

Guest Simon O

I've checked out the images provided by Tom G and if RomManager is moved to data then it frees up enough space for the tiny-gapps to be installed if you're using UK 2.1 partition sizes.

So... who wants a flashable ZIP of the CM6 test?

Guest igor_anta
I've checked out the images provided by Tom G and if RomManager is moved to data then it frees up enough space for the tiny-gapps to be installed if you're using UK 2.1 partition sizes.

ME! :( There is also a new version of Darktremor 2.7.5.2 so you can iclude that too... pretty please :) And the rotation fix posted a few posts above. And you swap+OC+ext3 kernel. And..... :P Nice to see you still paying respect to ya Pulse brothaz ;) Cheers!

Guest totiadrenalin

Well?!!!

Me for example.

I already have nandroid backup with the fixed old good known issues, but it'll be much better if u put all the fixes in one place.

And something more interesting.

With the flbmod2.0 I had installed 123 apps on the ext3 partition.

After fleshing the CM6 ported froyo, 31 apps are not showed in the drawer, and even in the settings>applications>Manage>applications

And they still stays in sd-ext/apps

What's wrong here?

Guest Letterbox115

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! :) ;) :( :P :P :( :( B)

Please include the rotation fix if you do one :(

Guest thisweb

Oh please oh please oh please... :)

Guest thisweb

Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere but is DTremor A2SD swap worth the hassle over swapper2 which is infinately easier to setup, no partirioning and gives notifications when its in use.