how to get up to point where Pauls rooting vid begins??

Guest dwattsy21

Guest dwattsy21

Hi All,

After having my hero for over a year, I managed to root it and install roms never using any adb or command module. Just bought a san fran, and am lost as to how i get up to the point where paul begins his video. The big white window that he is using, the command module, where do i download that from? And how do I get it connected to my phone to control it?

If anybody has done this, please could you explain how you get up to the point where his video starts... would be great!

Many thanks,

Dave

Guest BigD18t

i couldnt do it they way above, so had to open a command prompt in the folder, by holding shift then right clicking it, then selecting command prompt.

Guest spoonium

Well yes, if the program isn't in your path (which it shouldn't be by default), your command prompt has to be in the folder where the program itself is located.

Either use "cd driveletter:\pathtoprogram\" or simply shift right clicking the folder as mentioned above (though this works only in Windows7 afaik unless you install PowerToys for Windows).

Guest dwattsy21
i couldnt do it they way above, so had to open a command prompt in the folder, by holding shift then right clicking it, then selecting command prompt.

When you say in the folder, do you mean by mounting the phone via usb, open the folder to view files, and then shift-right clicking there?

Guest dwattsy21

Is pauls video not the best way to do it now? At the start he says he has already extracted fastboot to this directory, and copied boot.blade to the directory. Can somebody please explain how this is done? I have already downloaded the files, just dont know how to put the in a directory?? Do I just connect my phone via usb and drag and drop the files onto the phone??

Guest BigD18t
When you say in the folder, do you mean by mounting the phone via usb, open the folder to view files, and then shift-right clicking there?

im running win 7, so to do the command prompt, unpack the file to your desktop , then on the file, hold shift and right click, select open command prompt, and then you can type the command, i couldnt get it to work any other way.

Guest flash2004
Hi All,

After having my hero for over a year, I managed to root it and install roms never using any adb or command module. Just bought a san fran, and am lost as to how i get up to the point where paul begins his video. The big white window that he is using, the command module, where do i download that from? And how do I get it connected to my phone to control it?

If anybody has done this, please could you explain how you get up to the point where his video starts... would be great!

Many thanks,

Dave

Press cmd+Space to get spotlight.

Then type "Terminal" without the quotes. and hit enter.

That should open terminal to enter the commands.