15/Jan [GUIDE] Installing the MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM from scratch (and other ROMS)

Guest StevenHarperUK

If you use this guide and it works, please give me a post so I can see that it's doing it's job.

Also if you spot any typo's - or get stuck because something wasn't clear - please post also.

ta

thanks great guide.

btw.. i had the 'waiting for device' problem like others so i unpluged the usb lead to the computer and used another usb slot.... next thing i new it had written the data.

Guest Terry W

Hi, I'm a newbie and finding my way around. Picked up a San Fran yesterday and am keen to wipe the Orange branding, root and load r4 mod.

So I noticed ClockworkMod Recovery was needed. So I tried to flash it but it hung at "waiting for device", so I installed the drivers(!) but now my SanFran will not boot to the Green Android. Instead, when I hold the Vol+ and power up, it boots normally!?

Wonder if I should have loaded r3 first before trying ClockworkMod Recovery? Help please, how can I get it to stick with the Green Android so I can flash the r3 ROM first?

Cheers

Terry.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Hi, I'm a newbie and finding my way around. Picked up a San Fran yesterday and am keen to wipe the Orange branding, root and load r4 mod.

So I noticed ClockworkMod Recovery was needed. So I tried to flash it but it hung at "waiting for device", so I installed the drivers(!) but now my SanFran will not boot to the Green Android. Instead, when I hold the Vol+ and power up, it boots normally!?

Wonder if I should have loaded r3 first before trying ClockworkMod Recovery? Help please, how can I get it to stick with the Green Android so I can flash the r3 ROM first?

Cheers

Terry.

Did you follow the guide at the top of the thread?

Did you do step1 - Superboot?

Have you got the Superuser app in your App Drawer?

Followed the instructions (and Sebastian404's R4 ROM) and they just worked. Superb :) My Blade is now effectively Orange-free - and my apps/APN/google account settings remained intact!

Only thing I'd note is that the old widgets no longer work, and I no longer have a Weather widget. Still, there's plenty of choices in the market...

Guest StevenHarperUK
Only thing I'd note is that the old widgets no longer work, and I no longer have a Weather widget. Still, there's plenty of choices in the market...

Widgets that are standard can be dragged off the desktop (bottom) and removed then re-added

Orange added widgets are not choose-able to re-add

Guest dwattsy21

Hi Mate,I used your guide as the basis to get the custom ROM on my phone. Just thought I'd podst my thoughts how you culd add advice to the guide. I'd reccomend that when you install md5 on your computer that you should extract it, then copy the files tot he fastboot folder that you are working from, as only by doing that could i get it to work on windows. And also yo could mention that you can install a rom that you have baked from the online kitchen. But cheers for this guide, got me sorted eventually. I recommend that people try do use it with linux if they struggle, seems to work a lot easier.

Cheers, Dave

Guest Terry W
Did you follow the guide at the top of the thread?

Did you do step1 - Superboot?

Have you got the Superuser app in your App Drawer?

Hi Steven, thanks for responding. No, I must have gone straight to ClockworkMod, Superuser app is not available.

The problem I have now is that I can't boot any other way than normally, i.e. it won't stay at the Green Android. Any ideas?

Cheers

Terry.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Hi Steven, thanks for responding. No, I must have gone straight to ClockworkMod, Superuser app is not available.

The problem I have now is that I can't boot any other way than normally, i.e. it won't stay at the Green Android. Any ideas?

Cheers

Terry.

If you had Superuser you could use Fastboot - however you can't do that.

Just to confirm you have fully removed the battery, disconnected the USB, turned the Phone ON with the Volume UP held.

If you skipped step one, then the boot should be stock and should work.

Just to confirm you have fully removed the battery, disconnected the USB, turned the Phone ON with the Volume UP held.

When I did mine, I skipped step 1, but I went straight into step 3 after step 2 without starting the phone normal..

i.e. Flash Recovery, remove/replace battery, hold (-) to power on, flash ROM.

Mate, had to register to say a big thanks to you and paul (and the others on here) for all the excellent work - i couldnt even use a command prompt on windows before and now got my phone rooted with r3 and loving it!

Thanks!!

Guest Scatterbug

Another big thank you to Steven for writing the guide (and, of course, to Paul for the whole modding work).

I've gone as far as step 2. Now just deciding which ROM to install.

Guest Terry W

Yep, powered down, removed battery, it's not connected via USB, turn on with Vol Up held and it boots normally! :)

UPDATE 2 HOURS LATER:

Kept trying to reboot, left battery out for a while and it's worked :)

Have successfully loaded SuperUser, now on with stages 2 and 3, many thanks again :)

Edited by Terry W

Guest StevenHarperUK
Yep, powered down, removed battery, it's not connected via USB, turn on with Vol Up held and it boots normally! :)

UPDATE 2 HOURS LATER:

Kept trying to reboot, left battery out for a while and it's worked :)

Have successfully loaded SuperUser, now on with stages 2 and 3, many thanks again :)

Great news.

I was almost worried it wasn't going to work.

Guest lllacey25
If you use this guide and it works, please give me a post so I can see that it's doing it's job.

Also if you spot any typo's - or get stuck because something wasn't clear - please post also.

ta

hello

firstly thanks for the guide but i'm stuck. when i get to the part where i put in the "sudo./fastboots-windows", i hit enter and i just get a sideways arrow and the cursor and nothing else.

how do i know if it's doing the job?

Hi all, i'm a new user

i want to put in my phone the modaco rom, i found the great guide by steven harper and paul,

but i can't download anything, when i click a file the site return me to the home page

so i can't download anything, please help me

Edited by Loki86

Guest StevenHarperUK
hello

firstly thanks for the guide but i'm stuck. when i get to the part where i put in the "sudo./fastboots-windows", i hit enter and i just get a sideways arrow and the cursor and nothing else.

how do i know if it's doing the job?

On Windows the command does not need sudo or. /

Please re-read the top part of the guide

Command should be

fastboot-windows