Liquia A1 offical CSL 2.1 to Froyo

Guest jcarrero

Guest jcarrero

Hi guys:

I have a Liquid A1 with the official CSL 2.1 version from Acer. I would like to try the leaked roms, but there are all EMEA roms. Will they work on my phone or do I have to wait until Acer release the official 2.2 CSL version? Thanks,

Guest Delnar_Ersike

All the leaked Acer 2.2 ROMs are in .bin form, so you can use the Acer Download Tool to install the leaked ROMs. The Acer Download Tool, in turn, does not check whether you have an EMEA, AAP, CSL, GEN1, CUS1, etc. type of ROM on your device.

However, just in case you'll need to send the device back to Acer for repairs, you should check to see if you can still download the official CSL ROM from Acer's support page, and you should check to see if there's a .bin of the same type as the ROM on your stock device (ie. EMEA_GEN1, AAP_CSL) so you can flash that via the Acer Download Tool should the official ROM check to see if the firmware region on your device matches the firmware region of the to-be-installed ROM.

For more instructions on how to flash one of the leaked ROMs, Dario93 created a thread to help: http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-acer-liquid-e/

Edited by Delnar_Ersike