Im going insane with my HUAWEI U8230!

Guest Ham Med Skeen

Guest Ham Med Skeen

Hello Dear Modaco users!

first i would like to appoligise for my horrible english !

and people says this is the place to get some good help! i am a super noob at this, for instance i have never rooted my phone or somthing likely!

and now to the real problem...

i recently tryed to update from 1,5droid to the fabilous 2,1droid with alot of nessesary features for me.

but it failed at 80% or somthing likely ! so now im left with a phone who starts up in android 2,1 but only shows a half tutorial and an emergancy call application who wouldent work becaus it says theres no microfone avalible!

ohh dear god !

i have also tryed small updates at 100-145mb they wount even start to update only the big ones arround 200mb starts to update and failes hard at 80%..

i feel like ive tryed everything on the huawei site!

Modaco PLEASE, and im saying PLEASE HELP ME !

i have MSN, TEAMVIWER, SKYPE, VENTRILO, FACEBOOK.

im so desperat that im about to through a small fee of 12£ to the first one who makes it work!

Many future thanks from me!

and again sorry for my horrible english! i hope you could understand it all ! smile.gif

------------------------------------------------

Regards Magnus Peter Lassen (Nuz Lassen) :)

Edited by Ham Med Skeen

Search around on this forum for the official 2.1 UK update.

Then follow the Ultimate pulse owners guide.

And it might work

Delete the dload folder of your SD card, then put the one you get from this forum on there.

Good luck

Edited by TGWS

Guest Ham Med Skeen
Search around on this forum for the official 2.1 UK update.

Then follow the Ultimate pulse owners guide.

And it might work

Delete the dload folder of your SD card, then put the one you get from this forum on there.

Good luck

Thank you !

are you sure this will work?

is the Huawei U8320 a pulse device?

Guest AntonioPT
Its for the U8220 but i think you have a 2.1 rom modified to work on the U8230 somewher on the pulse forum

I don't think you can install the UK 2.1 on U8230... And currently no one has been able to modify an UPDATA.APP.

Ham Med Skeen: Try to install an official U8230 2.1 update. For example, from my carrier: TMN U8230 2.1 update.

Extract it, then extract the RAR inside it, and then put the "dload" folder in your SD card. Then shutdown your phone and turn it on by holding POWER + END CALL + VOLUME UP.

When it boots the first time it will start on portuguese, but you can then install a Custom ROM (see the "Ultimate Pulse Owner's Guide" - it's a sticky) or just change the language in the settings ("Definições -> Idioma e teclado -> Seleccionar região").

Guest Ham Med Skeen
I don't think you can install the UK 2.1 on U8230... And currently no one has been able to modify an UPDATA.APP.

Ham Med Skeen: Try to install an official U8230 2.1 update. For example, from my carrier: TMN U8230 2.1 update.

Extract it, then extract the RAR inside it, and then put the "dload" folder in your SD card. Then shutdown your phone and turn it on by holding POWER + END CALL + VOLUME UP.

When it boots the first time it will start on portuguese, but you can then install a Custom ROM (see the "Ultimate Pulse Owner's Guide" - it's a sticky) or just change the language in the settings ("Definições -> Idioma e teclado -> Seleccionar região").

Thanks alot my friend ! i will try this !...

ps: very hand with that like ! i like that ! =)

Guest Ham Med Skeen
Who is your carrier? Or where did you buy it from?

Lots of 2.1 ROMs don't work on U8230s by the looks of things.

Yes i have seen it.. uhm..

I am from Denmark and my Phone account is from WWW.TELIA.DK (Though the update on huawei.com from denmark dossent even work ^^ so so anoying)

But thers absolutely no customizations from telia on the phone, not even d(anish language, or a text corrector ^^.)

its just fustrateing that telia dossent give up an update for the phone THAT WORKS! hehe

But besides that im very happy with all the help im getting here! so i hope we can make this Phone work :)

Guest Ham Med Skeen

Hello again mate! unfortunatly it ditten finnish the update, i was Closer than ever ! i think i was at 90% this time and then it failed! =(((

though, it is trying to start up now! but seems no luck... :) So close !

Tell me if u find another Clue !

Guest AntonioPT
Hello again mate! unfortunatly it ditten finnish the update, i was Closer than ever ! i think i was at 90% this time and then it failed! =(((

though, it is trying to start up now! but seems no luck... :) So close !

Tell me if u find another Clue !

Have you got another SD card to try with? Maybe the problem is with your SD card, it may be corrupted or something...

Or try to do the update while the phone is connected to the power outlet (charging).

Guest Ham Med Skeen
Have you got another SD card to try with? Maybe the problem is with your SD card, it may be corrupted or something...

Or try to do the update while the phone is connected to the power outlet (charging).

i will try that and come back with a result =) thanks mate =)

Guest fiddimar

Dear Ham Med Skeen and the rest of modaco users.

Think we have the same problem. I probably like you flashed my Huawei 8230 (bought in Iceland from Siminn.is unlocked) with the new update dated 2010-09-28 as fond on the huawei website, it was the big 200MB + file, and it stopped roughly around 80-90%. And now I don’t have a working phone.

I don’t have the solution and like you I am new to android phones. I decided to share my limited knowledge on this thread in the hope that it leads some one having the solution, and please correct me if something in this information is wrong.

The reason for the update to stop at 80% is that the Huawei 8230 phone is apparently available in two versions, an older and a newer version. The older version has smaller memory and therefore can not take the big 200+ MB flash updates. There is no mention of this on the Huawei website and I can find no version 1 or 2 references anywhere ells on the web, but in the PDF help file that accompanies the update download there is this

“Attention: If your phone is small flash phone, you must use small flash upgrade package (package size less than 145MB).The phone cannot upgrade using big package.

I can not find any trace of a small update package on the Huawei site with the same date or newer,

Now because it is not possible to downgrade from the newest file dated 2010-09-28 all updates attempts will fail unless you have some kind of a super flash image from Huawei. The fail process will be recorded in a text file in the dload folder on the phone SD card. OME… something

Regards F.

Guest Ham Med Skeen

Tryed it now, both the SD cart and the USB power source, ! nothing worked !

just another faliure =(

i think the Update file it too large! i wonder how we can make it fit?

Please tell me if you find another Clue in the pile =) im also looking my self =)

Kind Regards.

Magnus!

Guest Ham Med Skeen
Dear Ham Med Skeen and the rest of modaco users.

Think we have the same problem. I probably like you flashed my Huawei 8230 (bought in Iceland from Siminn.is unlocked) with the new update dated 2010-09-28 as fond on the huawei website, it was the big 200MB + file, and it stopped roughly around 80-90%. And now I don’t have a working phone.

I don’t have the solution and like you I am new to android phones. I decided to share my limited knowledge on this thread in the hope that it leads some one having the solution, and please correct me if something in this information is wrong.

The reason for the update to stop at 80% is that the Huawei 8230 phone is apparently available in two versions, an older and a newer version. The older version has smaller memory and therefore can not take the big 200+ MB flash updates. There is no mention of this on the Huawei website and I can find no version 1 or 2 references anywhere ells on the web, but in the PDF help file that accompanies the update download there is this

“Attention: If your phone is small flash phone, you must use small flash upgrade package (package size less than 145MB).The phone cannot upgrade using big package.

I can not find any trace of a small update package on the Huawei site with the same date or newer,

Now because it is not possible to downgrade from the newest file dated 2010-09-28 all updates attempts will fail unless you have some kind of a super flash image from Huawei. The fail process will be recorded in a text file in the dload folder on the phone SD card. OME… something

Regards F.

Hey F.

first of all, Thank you for sharing this with us !

I have also read this ! but i have herd about people who found a solution for it !

so im still looking in hope to find the SUPERFLASH.file ! :)

and i would be glad if you would join me!

Please Keep your self updated on ouer little cozy threat here ! =)

Kind Regards

Magnus !

Guest fiddimar
Hey F.

first of all, Thank you for sharing this with us !

I have also read this ! but i have herd about people who found a solution for it !

so im still looking in hope to find the SUPERFLASH.file ! :)

and i would be glad if you would join me!

Please Keep your self updated on ouer little cozy threat here ! =)

Kind Regards

Magnus !

I found a way; my phone is back, the solution is on this great forum.

Use these instructions to wipe your phone.

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...e/#entry1318838

Afterwards you should be able to install the version you want if it is of the smaller size (under 145MB).

Guest Ham Med Skeen

Afterwards you should be able to install the version you want if it is of the smaller size (under 145MB).

COOL !

Witch parts of the tutorial did you use? what firmwire update is it? and how did you do?

did you have to root it to your computer?

congratulations mate

Regards

- Magnus

Guest fiddimar
COOL !

Witch parts of the tutorial did you use? what firmwire update is it? and how did you do?

did you have to root it to your computer?

congratulations mate

Regards

- Magnus

Used steps 1-10 in the Returning to the Official 1.5 Update

So now im on t-mobile 1.5 will explore newer versins later.

Just use step 1-5 over and over again to explore new versins.

No root to computer.

regards F

Guest Ham Med Skeen
Used steps 1-10 in the Returning to the Official 1.5 Update

So now im on t-mobile 1.5 will explore newer versins later.

Just use step 1-5 over and over again to explore new versins.

No root to computer.

regards F

Thanks again F!

my phone is up and running on T-mobile!

i will also Explore some newer versions i hope to find a 2,1android !

Tell me if you find more.. About 2,1 =)

Regards

Magnus !

Guest Ham Med Skeen

I DID IT !

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...on-android-2-1/

The TRE rom was the solveing brick in the puzzle, and i think its running quite good !

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP YOU GUYS !

feel free to PM me for any questions i will help with the little i know =)

Regards

Magnus !

Edited by Ham Med Skeen

Help!

I'll tryed all your versions for my the same problem, but my phone is always failing at small dload file. Do you know solution for this?

P.S Thanks

Have you got the U8230 or the U8220?

• 3 months later...
Guest kirmastili76

Hello there,

I have an U8230 too currently and it came first 1.5. For market and 3g support I wanted to update ie to 2.1 Redbull as far as I searched on forums. It was quite ok for me but SD card problem then a friend told that you can downgrade to 1.5 but I am so new to android and no much things about it. He sent me link as the one "returning to the 1.5 official" then I follwed ther steps. First there was a dload folder about 300 kb i did it. It restarted as redbull again then ı loaded to second december dload to sd card and updated. It tucked on the restarting screen and as it is described after a few minutes I removed the battery. Now when I opened the phone normally it gives white and black strips on the screen and just wait like that. When I try to push the power + voldown + end buttons it just wait on a blank screen and the button lights winking. So it doesnt start. And it doesnt see the phone on pc when i plug it via usb.

What should I do to rework my phone again? Please can anybody who knows those things help me?

Or I lost the phone? I am a little desperate about this...

Is there a way to re-install U8230 from pc?

Thank you for your helps...

Tamer

Turkey

Edited by kirmastili76

• 5 months later...
Guest Per Søgaard Carlsen

Martin, did you still have the official 1.5 downgrade file ?, the link from the guide doesn't work any longer.

Guest SirNuton

Martin, did you still have the official 1.5 downgrade file ?, the link from the guide doesn't work any longer.

Saw your post and quickly looked in my prefered German forum. They've got a GoBack-Solution there. I can't promise it's the original one but it might be a look worth. Look here and here. The last one is the zip file.

Maybe it helps, maybe not, maybe it breaks the phone (I don't think it will, but no promise ;) ) It's your decision if you want to try it :)

Guest Per Søgaard Carlsen

Saw your post and quickly looked in my prefered German forum. They've got a GoBack-Solution there. I can't promise it's the original one but it might be a look worth. Look here and here. The last one is the zip file.

Maybe it helps, maybe not, maybe it breaks the phone (I don't think it will, but no promise ;) ) It's your decision if you want to try it :)

Hi, and thanks for your quick answer , and sorry for my late response.

I have looked into the German forum, and it did not help me.

I have tried to download at lot of different firmware (Different language, supplier - at version 1.5 and 2.1)

At the moment I have 3 different scenario.

1. (This bricked my phone) when I put U8230 V100R001C00B837(Normal) into DLOAD at the sd card and boot-up to firmware update with press VOL-UP+END+POWER, it start to write the update, when the update comes about 90%, it writes "Update failed" and all the LED flash.

I can start this operation over and over again, at any time.

2. When I try to put another firmware, a version 1.5 or 2.1 into the DLOAD folder at the sd card, and start up, it says "Update failed" and flash all the LED before it start to load anything - the log files says "OEMSBL version unmatched"

After at lot of "google" I think it has something to do with "Boot.ini", but I am not sure and I can't get any longer with that clue.

3. I have tried to install Cyanogen (CM7) with Android 2.3, and that works, except the camera. - so my wife says it doesn't work <_<

Give the description above any new ideas ? :rolleyes:

Br

Per