Im going insane with my HUAWEI U8230!

Guest Ham Med Skeen

Guest SirNuton

Sounds strange. You can flash 2.3 but not 2.2, 2.1 oder 1.5 again? More than strange I'd say. Sadly I've no clue what to do now. You can wait for Tom getting the Camera Libs working on Gingerbread. That's only a matter of time.

Maybe another solution comes to my mind. I'll tell you ;)

Guest Per Søgaard Carlsen

Sounds strange. You can flash 2.3 but not 2.2, 2.1 oder 1.5 again? More than strange I'd say. Sadly I've no clue what to do now. You can wait for Tom getting the Camera Libs working on Gingerbread. That's only a matter of time.

Maybe another solution comes to my mind. I'll tell you ;)

Hallo again Sir.

Thanks for your time....

Just an additional comment.

When I try to load an officinal Firware, i do it via the DLOAD folder (VOL-Up+END+POWER), but the GM7 are loaden via Flash.. where I read a .zip file (END+MENU+POWER)

/Per

Guest ganker

Hallo again Sir.

Thanks for your time....

Just an additional comment.

When I try to load an officinal Firware, i do it via the DLOAD folder (VOL-Up+END+POWER), but the GM7 are loaden via Flash.. where I read a .zip file (END+MENU+POWER)

/Per

Sounds like what happend to mine.

Here is a rehash of my fix guide

gankers u8230 fix guide.

1) get the correct downgrade firmware (search the forum for timemachine downgrade uppdate.app etc)

u will most likely find 2 uppdate.app roms one is for u8220 or u8220-6? the other apparently works on the u8230. u will see a diffrence in size of a few KB. (find both files and save em as part of your fix kit)

2) put the update.app file in a folder called dload on your memory card (again search the forums for more info)

switch offf the phone switch on the phone in update mode (read ultimate pulse guide its the same procedure.)

3) get a rom 1.5 rom here

http://wiki.modaco.c..._Firmware_U8230

install that in the samme manor as step 2

4) get a 2.1 rom from here (AVOID the bigger 2.1 roms if you are not sure about the ram size of your u8230!!!, flashing with a rom that is to big will send u to step 1 :mellow: )

anything under 120 mb should be safe.

again install it as per step 2

5) reroot your phone and install a custom recovery (clockwork i believe is prefered on this model phone). easiest method is finding and app called z4root.1.3.0 (search for it on the net and the forums).

z4root has worked for me without a hitch. (succes may be due to my phone model) run it and follow instructions.

when z4root is done download clockwork recovery from the market. install a recovery rom with clockwork recovery. (u give recovery rom root access when it requests it, and be sure u are connected to wifi or 3g.) u may have to fiddle with recovery rom by choosing alternative rom from the menu, choose the first recovery rom b4 it installs the recover rom.

u can now backup and install custom roms on your u8230 by rebooting your phone into recovery mode (read the pulse guide or tjek the CM6 rom posts on the forum some include instructions on installing)

6) do yourself af favour and install CM6 mod plus from antonio or twork via Tom (search the forum). its a good custom rom.

7) start your clockwork recovery app (included in CM6) and do a nandroid backup.

hope this helps someone sometime.

found the two timemachines they are attached

Attached File(s)

----------------------

Det burde virke for dig det virkede for mig.

Kort fortalt brug en af de vedhæftede filer til at downgrade din telefon. Een af dem skal nok virke. Den skal ligge i en mappe som hedder dload på dit sd-kort. tjek plus guiden i forum den har yderligere forklaring.

derefter smider du en 1.5 rom på se links i ovenstående. (den franske bytel 1.5 burde virke)

derefter starter du fra bunden af. en officelle 2.1 update osv.

hilsen

Ganker

Sounds like what happend to mine.

Here is a rehash of my fix guide

gankers u8230 fix guide.

1) get the correct downgrade firmware (search the forum for timemachine downgrade uppdate.app etc)

u will most likely find 2 uppdate.app roms one is for u8220 or u8220-6? the other apparently works on the u8230. u will see a diffrence in size of a few KB. (find both files and save em as part of your fix kit)

2) put the update.app file in a folder called dload on your memory card (again search the forums for more info)

switch offf the phone switch on the phone in update mode (read ultimate pulse guide its the same procedure.)

3) get a rom 1.5 rom here

install that in the samme manor as step 2

4) get a 2.1 rom from here (AVOID the bigger 2.1 roms if you are not sure about the ram size of your u8230!!!, flashing with a rom that is to big will send u to step 1 :mellow: )

anything under 120 mb should be safe.

again install it as per step 2

5) reroot your phone and install a custom recovery (clockwork i believe is prefered on this model phone). easiest method is finding and app called z4root.1.3.0 (search for it on the net and the forums).

z4root has worked for me without a hitch. (succes may be due to my phone model) run it and follow instructions.

when z4root is done download clockwork recovery from the market. install a recovery rom with clockwork recovery. (u give recovery rom root access when it requests it, and be sure u are connected to wifi or 3g.) u may have to fiddle with recovery rom by choosing alternative rom from the menu, choose the first recovery rom b4 it installs the recover rom.

u can now backup and install custom roms on your u8230 by rebooting your phone into recovery mode (read the pulse guide or tjek the CM6 rom posts on the forum some include instructions on installing)

6) do yourself af favour and install CM6 mod plus from antonio or twork via Tom (search the forum). its a good custom rom.

7) start your clockwork recovery app (included in CM6) and do a nandroid backup.

hope this helps someone sometime.

found the two timemachines they are attached

Attached File(s)

----------------------

Det burde virke for dig det virkede for mig.

Kort fortalt brug en af de vedhæftede filer til at downgrade din telefon. Een af dem skal nok virke. Den skal ligge i en mappe som hedder dload på dit sd-kort. tjek plus guiden i forum den har yderligere forklaring.

derefter smider du en 1.5 rom på se links i ovenstående. (den franske bytel 1.5 burde virke)

derefter starter du fra bunden af. en officelle 2.1 update osv.

hilsen

Ganker

Goddag and Hallo

Thanks for your answer, step 1,2, and 3 worked just as you descried - no problem.

But I have not been able to find a 2.1 ROM that work on top at U8230 V100R001C101B282SP02(France BYTEL) -> "OEMSBL version unmatched"

Do you have a link ?

/Per

Guest poulpix83

Traduction (français > anglais)

Hello, there is no time machine for the ROM V100R001C101B282SP02 U8230 (France BYTEL)

The solution to your problem is a ROM 2.1, which fits on a partition system 1.5 (85MB)

Here is ROM redbull

redbull-light

Edited by poulpix83

Hello, there is no time machine for the ROM V100R001C101B282SP02 U8230 (France BYTEL)

The solution to your problem is a ROM 2.1, which fits on a partition system 1.5 (85MB)

Here is ROM redbull

redbull-light

Hi poulpix83

Thanks for your answer , I have tried the redbull-light after your instruction (via Google translator) :unsure: and everything went well, and I was also able to change language to Danish. But the phone work very slow now (And the CPU bar nearly peek all the time) , also when I compare it to CM7 - can i do something to speed the system up ?

/Per

Edited by Per Søgaard Carlsen

Guest poulpix83

Partition the sd-card (fat32, ext2, linux-swap) ROM mount the swap partition 3.

Minitools Partition Wizard Home Edition (free)

01.jpg

02.jpg

the swap added 30MB memory

Edited by poulpix83

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ric_dk

Hej Per,

You need a super fast SD card for swap and link2sd to work fast. Have read class 6 or above. I say class 10... but that's just me ;) The faster SD card, the better the swarp and link2sd works = better performance of your u8230.

Danish: Hej Per, Du skal have et super hurtigt SD kort, for a swarp og link2sd kører god. Har læst class 6 eller bedre. Jeg siger class 10.. men det er bare mig ;) Jo hurtigere sd kort du har jo bedre kører swarp og link2sd = bedre ydelse på din U8320.

Hi poulpix83

Thanks for your answer , I have tried the redbull-light after your instruction (via Google translator) :unsure: and everything went well, and I was also able to change language to Danish. But the phone work very slow now (And the CPU bar nearly peek all the time) , also when I compare it to CM7 - can i do something to speed the system up ?

/Per

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Poulpix83,

I got the prob "upgrade failed" with last ROM from BYTEL (see boot issues) and upgraded with your ROM.

Many THX.

BTW, what's wrong with the B282 from BYTEL ?

Did they mess the ROM on purpose ?

Why can't we overwrite the boot (locked ???)