touchscreen sensitivity issue

Guest Morris Lee

Guest Morris Lee

So I found the script that makes the touch screen more sensitive, I found a value that is the most comfortable to me, but why does it starts to freak out every once a while that I get random touches? Is there a fix? I am currently using lcr F, problem persists, any help is appreciated

Morris Lee

Guest snootched
So I found the script that makes the touch screen more sensitive, I found a value that is the most comfortable to me, but why does it starts to freak out every once a while that I get random touches? Is there a fix? I am currently using lcr F, problem persists, any help is appreciated

Morris Lee

Sensitivity is too high if you are getting the screen jumps - this happens with a lot of ROMs depending on what the values for noise and sensitivity are set to. Acer default is 75/75 I think.. I tend to stick around 75-90 and I don't have issues with those values.

Guest Morris Lee
Sensitivity is too high if you are getting the screen jumps - this happens with a lot of ROMs depending on what the values for noise and sensitivity are set to. Acer default is 75/75 I think.. I tend to stick around 75-90 and I don't have issues with those values.

Well, my whole point is trying to make it more sensitive, not the otherway around

Guest snootched
Well, my whole point is trying to make it more sensitive, not the otherway around

That's the problem - increasing the sensitivity too much has this effect. You just have to tweak it as far as you can without it jumping.

Guest Harness

As it stands I use 30/35 and it works like a charm, no jumps or whatever other junk. Very sensitive as well.

Try it!

Edited by Harness

Guest Morris Lee
As it stands I use 30/35 and it works like a charm, no jumps or whatever other junk. Very sensitive as well.

Try it!

Way too low for mine, it freaks out like everytime, using 50/100, seems to work really well

I use 10/25. Really sensitive, don't even always need to press on the screen, just hover.

And I dingy get any jumps.without the screen protector the screen jumped at 8/...

Guest Morris Lee
I use 10/25. Really sensitive, don't even always need to press on the screen, just hover.

And I dingy get any jumps.without the screen protector the screen jumped at 8/...

So screen protector helps? Fortunatly I just ordered some on ebay :)

Guest Morris Lee
Where can I find that script? Can someone indicate me where to get it and how to set it to run everytime I reboot my phone? (or permanently?)

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-05-based-roms/

To get it to run on startup, you need LCR rom, I tried it on the factory rom, does not work like that, you have to run it yourself everytime.

Morris Lee

Guest Morris Lee
Thanks I´ll take a look, unfortunately I have a rooted Leak so perhaps it won´t work every boot... :)

You can just run the script when you boot the phone, just don't forget next time when you reboot and run the script

Guest jayziac
So screen protector helps? Fortunatly I just ordered some on ebay :)

Back when I got the Liquid running stock 1.6, the stock screen protector seemed to desensitize the screen a lot more than a later ebay one I installed. Now I can get by with the lowest sensitivity setting. I wonder if the liquid uses more battery power when it's sensitivity is set higher, since maybe it has to provide higher voltage to the sensors or higher frequency sampling in order to provide the added sensitivity.

Guest Morris Lee
Back when I got the Liquid running stock 1.6, the stock screen protector seemed to desensitize the screen a lot more than a later ebay one I installed. Now I can get by with the lowest sensitivity setting. I wonder if the liquid uses more battery power when it's sensitivity is set higher, since maybe it has to provide higher voltage to the sensors or higher frequency sampling in order to provide the added sensitivity.

I don't think so, I think it just has a soft threshhold for the sensitivity