disable/hide the zoom soft keys in browser

Guest Morris Lee

Guest Morris Lee
build your own browser.apk

there is no way to disable them, you need to actually remove them from the browser.

Humm.... so how do I know where to start or how to extract the apk file?

i find those keys very useful as they offer zooming in small steps.

Speaking of browsers, I just tried the fennec beta. I know its just a beta, but it was soo slow that i couldn't test anything. It needs 30 mb of phone mem to install. I hope they refine it a lot!

Guest Morris Lee
i find those keys very useful as they offer zooming in small steps.

Speaking of browsers, I just tried the fennec beta. I know its just a beta, but it was soo slow that i couldn't test anything. It needs 30 mb of phone mem to install. I hope they refine it a lot!

I tried it couple days ago, it was very disappointing :)

I tried it couple days ago, it was very disappointing :)

Agree that the performance was very disappointing, but im pretty sure that they will sort it out. It offers built in features like firefox sync, which can sync my bookmarks, history and even my tabs, and as firefox is my main pc browser, i could really use those features! So feature wise its pretty solid and i really wish all the performance woes are ironed out!

Guest Morris Lee
Agree that the performance was very disappointing, but im pretty sure that they will sort it out. It offers built in features like firefox sync, which can sync my bookmarks, history and even my tabs, and as firefox is my main pc browser, i could really use those features! So feature wise its pretty solid and i really wish all the performance woes are ironed out!

Yes, agreed, but not that much of performance gain was seen from the last build to this one, so I think they need ro pick it up a notch!!

Guest BlackMagician

Cyanogen also has that really cool Power Control widget which lets you switch on and off mobile data with a single button! I really miss that feature!!!

I see that Cyanogen has it removed, anyone like to rip it out :)

Guest Morris Lee
Cyanogen also has that really cool Power Control widget which lets you switch on and off mobile data with a single button! I really miss that feature!!!

You can buy the SwitchPro which does the same, and it is so much more powerful and customizable! One of my favorite purchase

Morris Lee

You can buy the SwitchPro which does the same, and it is so much more powerful and customizable! One of my favorite purchase

Morris Lee

I use extended controls. And am happy with it.

Guest BlackMagician

Morris Lee

Buying for me is a problem. My credit card is not from the list of countries allowed to buy from the market. :)

Like the title, is there a way to hide or disable them as we have pinch zoom anyway

Morris Lee

so, you always need to zoom with one hand holding and the other zooming.

Guest thedicemaster
so, you always need to zoom with one hand holding and the other zooming.

android browser supports double-tap zoom.

and if you're a little bit creative with how you hold your phone you can pinch-to-zoom with 1 hand tied behind your back.

Guest Morris Lee
android browser supports double-tap zoom.

and if you're a little bit creative with how you hold your phone you can pinch-to-zoom with 1 hand tied behind your back.

I am aware of that, I do it all the time, I just want the zoom buttons that shows on the screen gone