Guide to Upgrading and Downgrading the Streak

Guest homeiss

Guest andycqos
Hi GriZlore and rebski, I have an AT&T streak personally. I don't know first hand but I don't see why you couldn't use the O2 4399 to O2 8105 guide. You should be able to use a stock recovery to to flash from 6941 straight to 8105, but we won't know until someone reports it here. So if anyone has done it or does do it, let me know and I will update guide.

Hi kostaver, I think you can use the O2 4399 to 02 8105 guide but, it WILL change your baseband from 00 to 21 if it works. I don't know of anyway to get back to the 00 baseband. If someone finds the EU 4399 Update.pkg it should also flash the 00 baseband.

If someone has any insight into this one, let us know please. Thanks!

There is already a thread on here about going from 21 back to 00 ... here

I havent tried it, so cant vouch for it in any way!

Guest homeiss
Hi Homeiss,

one final question then: changing baseband (from 00 to 21, for instance) what does it mean in practical terms?

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.

Kostaver

Actually after thinking about it, if us AT&T users have to flash to O2 1.6 4399 then upgrade to O2 2.1 8105 ROM, I think you will have to flash to the O2 1.6 4399 first as well. So, you should be able to use the Upgrading from AT&T 1.6 (build 6601) to O2 2.1 (build 8105) guide. But again I am not sure! Someone else might know?

I'm not entirely sure what a baseband is? But it seems like you should be able to get back to the 00 baseband with the link posted by andycqos.

There is already a thread on here about going from 21 back to 00 ... here

I havent tried it, so cant vouch for it in any way!

Thanks for that!

Guest moto_user

my dell streak was running on the 2.1 update 1 build 6941, i upgraded to the android 2.2 leaked with no problem, before i installed the 2.2 i fastbooted into my phone and installed koush's recovery, then did the upgrade with ease.

i got a couple of questions, is it me or the front camera still not usable? and can i root my phone even though its on 2.2?

btw, thanks steve, donation coming ur way very soon, and the update i installed was the update v2. zip

Guest homeiss
my dell streak was running on the 2.1 update 1 build 6941, i upgraded to the android 2.2 leaked with no problem, before i installed the 2.2 i fastbooted into my phone and installed koush's recovery, then did the upgrade with ease.

i got a couple of questions, is it me or the front camera still not usable? and can i root my phone even though its on 2.2?

btw, thanks steve, donation coming ur way very soon, and the update i installed was the update v2. zip

That is correct, there is no access to the front camera in the camera app.

You can root 2.2, just use universal androot. It will fail the first time then try again and it will work.

Guest moto_user

update: tried to superboot and the screen just kept rebooting on the dell logo over and over again, so i had to into recovery and installed the update v2 again, fixed the problem but no superboot yet..

Guest moto_user
That is correct, there is no access to the front camera in the camera app.

You can root 2.2, just use universal androot. It will fail the first time then try again and it will work.

where can i download the unversal androot that will work on 2.2, ive seen unversal androot v1.6.1 or something, is it that one?

thanks

Guest homeiss
where can i download the unversal androot that will work on 2.2, ive seen unversal androot v1.6.1 or something, is it that one?

thanks

Go back to the first page and read the guide. It tells you how to do this...

Guest moto_user
Go back to the first page and read the guide. It tells you how to do this...

downloaded universal androot v1.6.2 beta5, hooked my streak to my comp, dragged the file to the sd card, installed universal androot on my streak,

failed the 1st time, 2nd time it worked, thank you.

Guest homeiss
downloaded universal androot v1.6.2 beta5, hooked my streak to my comp, dragged the file to the sd card, installed universal androot on my streak,

failed the 1st time, 2nd time it worked, thank you.

Enjoy. :)

Guest Gcontr1
Changelog

Updated boot.img with less debugging services and hopefully should fix battery issues

Updated GPS.conf with edited version provided by users andycap and fards (see page 30) - original file is in /system/etc named gps.conf.backup

Removed couple of other apps that dont work (calibrator and packagechecker)

added my newest version of build.prop

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he has updated his latest build.prop in the latest version ..... anyone can confirm or do we still need 2 dl the old file and patch it again ? Coz i found the lcd 2 b running on 140 now , b4 tat was on 160 , the patch turn it into 140

Hello, I'm totally new to this, very interested on upgrading my Dell Streak but found the following inf.:

- Android 1.6

- BASEBAND: GAUSB1A110100

- KERNEL VER: 2.6.29-perf

- OEM Version: GAUSB1A110100

- BUILD NUMBER: 3562

Can I still use this guide as to flash to O2 4399 and then to Android 2.1, after this to Froyo ?

Really appreciate you help !

Gregorio

So I've made it to 2.1 (8105) from a stock ATT 1.6

When I attempt to flash recovery.alt.zip the commandline on my XP machine says writing 'recovery' ... OKAY

but the streak gets stuck on Start writing RECOVERY

I have tried using recovery.zip and get the same results.

I used the reboot command while the streak still said start writing RECOVERY. I'm going to try a reflash of 2.1 then recovery.alt.zip and let you know if it works.

When I reflash the recovery-clockwork-streak.img it writes succesfully but as you know- I get hung on the black screen after selecting "update from Update.pkg on SD card"

Any advice? 2.1 boots fine and is so much faster than my 1.6 was...

So I used the clockwork version from this post #4 in this thread: http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...y/#entry1433478 and was able to get FROYO on there!

W00T! Thank you for FROYO

Edited by TData

Guest homeiss
Hello, I'm totally new to this, very interested on upgrading my Dell Streak but found the following inf.:

- Android 1.6

- BASEBAND: GAUSB1A110100

- KERNEL VER: 2.6.29-perf

- OEM Version: GAUSB1A110100

- BUILD NUMBER: 3562

Can I still use this guide as to flash to O2 4399 and then to Android 2.1, after this to Froyo ?

Really appreciate you help !

Gregorio

Where did you get your Streak? Is this a European unlocked Streak or a US Beta Streak? Either way you should be able to upgrade to 2.1 and Froyo.

So I've made it to 2.1 (8105) from a stock ATT 1.6

When I attempt to flash recovery.alt.zip the commandline on my XP machine says writing 'recovery' ... OKAY

but the streak gets stuck on Start writing RECOVERY

I have tried using recovery.zip and get the same results.

I used the reboot command while the streak still said start writing RECOVERY. I'm going to try a reflash of 2.1 then recovery.alt.zip and let you know if it works.

When I reflash the recovery-clockwork-streak.img it writes succesfully but as you know- I get hung on the black screen after selecting "update from Update.pkg on SD card"

Any advice? 2.1 boots fine and is so much faster than my 1.6 was...

So I used the clockwork version from this post #4 in this thread: http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...y/#entry1433478 and was able to get FROYO on there!

W00T! Thank you for FROYO

The recovery situation for the Streak, Clockwork and Stock recovery, is a mess. Glad you got it going.

Guest Gcontr1

Hello Homeiss,

I live in Austin and bought my streak from one of the Dell guys, so most likely a US Beta, any one has experience upgrading following this guide ? , By the way it does need the upgrade, Build 3562 is the oldest I seen in any tread, it is slow and hangs once a while,, recommendations are very welcomed. Thanks.

Guest ukbambammatt

So following the.....

Upgrading from O2 2.1 (build 8105) to Stephen Hyde's 2.2

.....all my apps and music etc should reappear once upgraded? Last time I seemed to lose apps and music that wasnt on the SD card obviously. Whats the best way to make sure I retain them all?

Guest andycqos
So following the.....

Upgrading from O2 2.1 (build 8105) to Stephen Hyde's 2.2

.....all my apps and music etc should reappear once upgraded? Last time I seemed to lose apps and music that wasnt on the SD card obviously. Whats the best way to make sure I retain them all?

No, your apps wont be there and any music not on the SD card will be deleted too.

Others recommend Titanium Backup for backing apps up, but I had mixed results with it going from 2.1 to Stephens first 2.2. Ive taken a new backup on 2.2 and will see how it goes when upgrading to Stephens new version of 2.2

Guest moto_user
Hello Homeiss,

I live in Austin and bought my streak from one of the Dell guys, so most likely a US Beta, any one has experience upgrading following this guide ? , By the way it does need the upgrade, Build 3562 is the oldest I seen in any tread, it is slow and hangs once a while,, recommendations are very welcomed. Thanks.

You mean austin,tx?

Guest homeiss
Hello Homeiss,

You will probably be able to follow the AT&T 1.6 to O2 2.1. Report back if you get it upgraded.

another thing... the default keyboard is different to 2.1... any way to revert ?

Not sure about this one, but there are lots of different keyboards in the market. :)