Random Reboots

Guest flash2004

Guest MrMirUK
Mine was crashing when I plugged it in, which i got very suspicious about. It was SetCPU(charging profile) overclocking it to 720Mhz which it can't handle and thus crashing.

If it locks, black screen wont unlock, only taking out battery or charging it works, then its your ROM.

Sadly this is happening with my stock rom. I never had the problem back in December when i bought it but it has been gradual. so I think its too late to return to orange for a replacement.

Guest Err0r

This happens to me too, but not every day. Also, from time to time the phone will freeze completely, which can only be fixed by removing the battery and rebooting.

Guest ololizoz

My phone is also having this issue. I have no idea whats causing it, I have tried all possible solutions in this thread and it still reboots. I have tried almost every ROM on MoDaCo and it still randomly reboots. And I can't send it in because for some reason my swedish comviq blade wont accept the stock ROM, all buttons acts like a menu button and everything crashes. Also after flashing the stock ROM my phone can't get into fastboot/bootloader mode.

Guest MrMirUK
I had problems with the stock orange rom. Try installing JJ and see if theres a change.

I have installed the 2.2 Japanese Jellyfish ROM and so far so good. It has been two whole days and not a single reboot. Lets hope it continues!

Guest Phoenix Silver

mine reboot in navigation since the installation of google maps 5.2

i have uninstalled and installed it again

we'll see if this solve the problem ....

• 2 months later...
Guest Nirva

A lot of people have this problem. A lot of people have it during/after a call or while using GPS.

Could heat be the problem here ? Just guessing....

Guest sambartle

Out of interest what network is everyone using?

Since I've owned my Blade it's NEVER done the sudden unexpected reboot thing.. (on Orange contract with an older 2G/3G SIM), since changing to 3 UK (3G USIM ONLY) its started doing it.. it's annoying.

Im trying to capture it doing it on a logcat to see whats going on but its totally random.

Its not heat related for me (its no warmer than it ever was) and it definitly started when I switched SIM's.

Guest sambartle

(Sorry about the double post (deleted this copy) - I didnt click twice it just went a bit mad.. second post didnt have a signature which is weird too)

Edited by sambartle

• 4 months later...

Up !

Good evening everybody,

I bought a ZTE San Francisco few days ago (belgium Mobistar-packed) and I globally love it though I haven't had the time yet to test it as I want (battery time in normal use etc.).

Howerver, I have a big or at least a really annoying problem for a phone...

When somebody calls me, my phone reboots most of the time. To test and discover that problem, I made several calls from another phone to my SanFran. When it happens, sometimes I don't even have the time to see that someone calls me : the display gets dark and it reboots...

Important thing : few hours ago, I made a factory reset (via the menu) and after that (that's to say before configuring any options), I could make 13-14 calls without any reboot (in any mode, sound, silence and vibrate). Then I configured the phone (sound and brightness, network etc. but nothing inconsiderate).

Would somebody have an idea?... Quite embarrassing for a phone!

Has somebody found a solution since May?

(PS : my phone is not rooted and is still in stock rom Mobistar 2.1 update 1 but maybe it will in a few days/weeks. Until that and to make sure there's a solution, I prefer avoid flashing it at the time, especially for such a stupid bug...)

PS² : this post is a copy of )

(PS³ : forgive my bad english)

Guest friederike

i am having similar issues, got my phone in january and it started rebooting in august approximately. i did a factory reset beginning of september and it was fine for some time, but it started again after some weeks, so i assume it is a software fault rather than a hardware one.

it reboots randomly about twice a day and i started to write down when it happens exactly and what apps were running at that time, but it does not help a lot as it happens both when it is not used at all (at night) and when poweramp is running. it never happens during calls.

i am on stock rom (got rid of the orange apps only) and using german network provider e-plus.

my only plan would be to test uninstalling apps one by one for a certain timeframe and see if it makes any difference, so any comments from other people having the same issues would be much appreciated!

cheers

friederike

Guest i am not a hacker

If you have overclocked, underclock it by minimum 30 mhz. If your on stock rom, underclock again but my just a small amount. Worked for me

Guest Mushroom_Lord

For me, the battery can easily come loose enough for a reboot. I put a little piece of paper, folded once or twice, between the battery and back cover. This stops it coming loose and rebooting when it gets knocked.

Once possible solution for some of you :P

Guest adinava

I found two days ago what it was due to...

The desk on which I work is composed of metal... And it causes interferences when somebody gives me a call.

If I put (even) a thin book between the desk and my phone, the problem doesn't happen anymore...

I'm almost glad because I know what's the reason. And I decided to keep my phone as few surfaces are completely composed of "nude" metal.

If that can help! Test my "solution'.

Good evening everybody!

(PS : again sorry for my bad english)

• 1 month later...

Had phone for about 6 months, no problems. However, it switched itself off today and now when I switch on it shows the Android Logo, then Orange Logo and that's it, doesn't move. Can't even switch off, have to remove battery. Help, what's wrong?