camera with flash

Guest Greg

Hiya guys

Does anyone know if orange or maybe a third party manufacture are planning on making a camera with a built in flash?? I saw an advert for (i think) the new siemens photo phone, and the camera attachment had a built in flash!! this would be great especially for indoor photos. As i find they are too dark. tried adjusting the brightness using IA album but not very good!!

cheers

Guest HelloDave

Not sure how well a flash camera would work, bearing in mind the delay there is on the phone between clicking the shutter and the photo actually being taken! If the SPV gets popular enough i'm sure one will come along, but with the normal cam selling for £99, don't expect it to be cheap!

Guest Gorskar

I'm still hoping that someone will release a new better capacity battery.

Anyway, you probably won't be using the flash all that often. I've taken a few reasonable quality indoor shots with the spv cam, providing that its in a fairly well lit room.

For the occasional flash shot it probably wouldn't be too terrible, just so long as you werent taking shots all day long.

The software would have to be good enough to make the flash at the actual time of the photo though!!

Here is a link for the new siemens phone with the camera which has intergrated flash

https://communication-market.siemens.de/mym...t.asp?pkCoID=32

They could make the camera attachment have an extra power supply like a large watch batery, which can be replaced!! Or it could be plugged into the phones cradle to recharge, before a night out!! Don't think it would use that much power really, depends on how much you would use it. The flashes on proper digital cameras last for a long time and don't seem to run the battery down much!!

The delay would be no problem since you can already get SDIO cameras for pocketpcs, i imagine the interface is alot faster through SDIO.

20020903-sdcamera.jpg

http://www.hv.co.kr/hardware/sol-sdcam.asp

There are a few facts that are interesting from the English words on that page:

• SDIO required (Sorry iPAQ 3800 users - unless HP releases a ROM update that fixes this - is that even possible?)

• Still image capture sizes - 800x600 , 640x480 ,400*300 , 200*150,352*288,176*144,90*60

• Digital Zoom - 2X and 4X (hint - never ever use digital zoom - always use a graphics package to blow an image up)

• Video Capture: YUV 4:2:2 (makes it the first video capture camera for a PDA doesn't it?)

• Driver support: PocketPC 2000/2002

NOTICE: the 800x600 res, very nice :)

DJ Hope