Anybody had a problem with major crashes

Guest motters.scott

Guest motters.scott

This is the second time this has happened to me, first time was a day after the upgrade to eclair, the second was today, basically i was using an app, whilst watching eastenders (was a good one tonight) and let me screen go blank, i then went back to my phone and it would not light up at all....

So took the battery out, powered up the phone, and now the old problem with the memory card not being found is there constantly, and every minute or two it will say 'memory card removed.. insert a new one'

My phone is running the baltics 2.1, rooted with appstosd. This can't be because of appstosd either due to the fact the first time it happened was with a different mem card and no appstosd...

any ideas?

Guest dridri85

I have the same kind of problem.

When I have to shutdown my phone by removing the battery, all the applications installed on the SD Card (by using app2sd) are going to crash when I try to start them, and also LauncherPro (so I can't use my phone). The only way to solve that is to format my SD Card and reinstall app2sd...

(sorry for my english, I'm a young french ^^")

Edited by dridri85

Guest jpcutler85

Hi,

I also have problems with crashing. :/ it seems to happen more and more as time goes on. The phone just freezes up when I am doing simple things such as writing a text message answering a call or playing a game. The phone is standard straight out of the box with 1.6 installed.

I have tried searching for a solution but to no avail. I can send the phone back obviously but if its a simple fix then I want to try that first. Any tips? Is android 2.1 officially available to download? Also I use task killer as I find if I don't then the phone freezes up even worse because of all the apps running but it was my understanding android was designed to cope with multiple apps running but so far so crap!

My friend also has the same problem and he purchased the phone at a completely different time from a different location so I don't think its a bad batch. Maybe I am missing a trick here?? I believe I am using the phone as a normal person would but it just keeps crashing!

Cheers!

Edited by jpcutler85

Guest AerospaceMango
Same Problem here. With 1.6 i had no crashes, but with baltic rom and black system the phone gets black screens, too.

I don't want to come across as a bit of a smart-ar*e, but if you have a ROM that is not from your territory, then you have to expect that things may be a little unstable.

I have the Baltic 2.1, but have steered away from rooting, and apps2sd, as I think i'll leave that until the genuine ROM comes out for the UK.

Until such time, I take the minor problems in my stride, and don't expect too much.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
I don't want to come across as a bit of a smart-ar*e, but if you have a ROM that is not from your territory, then you have to expect that things may be a little unstable.

I have the Baltic 2.1, but have steered away from rooting, and apps2sd, as I think i'll leave that until the genuine ROM comes out for the UK.

Until such time, I take the minor problems in my stride, and don't expect too much.

Well, Aero, that never came across as a smart arse post at all....Congrats...haha.. :P :D

I updated to 2.1Baltic, rooted it, and app2sd'ed it too, in for a penny, in for a pound, n all that tripe..

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest AerospaceMango
Well, Aero, that never came across as a smart arse post at all....Congrats...haha.. :P :D

I updated to 2.1Baltic, rooted it, and app2sd'ed it too, in for a penny, in for a pound, n all that tripe..

Dammit! That's a fail then!!!!

But, you gotta admit....I have a point!

If it was on the official build, and there were all these problems, then by all means complain!

Edited by AerospaceMango

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Dammit! That's a fail then!!!!

But, you gotta admit....I have a point!

If it was on the official build, and there were all these problems, then by all means complain!

First indications will be if/when Vodaphone owners in the uk have updated..

Guest Smille123

Well, i know, that there is not much to expect from a custom rom, but a solution to solve the problem or some facts why this could happen from a real pro would be more helpfull....