My GT540 = DEAD

Guest Pagnchanak

Guest Pagnchanak

Please... NEED HELP!!!

While I'm flashing my gt540 using lg utils... My pc crashed in the middle of the process. Then I took out the battery of my phone and when I put it back, I try to turn it on but nothing happen. It is so silent and quiet.. My phone is DEAD. Can't turn on, even I plug in the usb with my pc or charger. What should I do now???

Anyone, Please............... HELP ME!

Thanks.

Please... NEED HELP!!!

While I'm flashing my gt540 using lg utils... My pc crashed in the middle of the process. Then I took out the battery of my phone and when I put it back, I try to turn it on but nothing happen. It is so silent and quiet.. My phone is DEAD. Can't turn on, even I plug in the usb with my pc or charger. What should I do now???

Anyone, Please............... HELP ME!

Thanks.

Vol down+camera button+power

Guest cooperzetec
Vol down+camera button+power

and if that doesnt solve it then plug it in to computer and when it comes up on the device manager as a usb modem, right click and disable and try and flash it again. i had that with mine but managed to flash it ok the second time around.

Guest Pagnchanak
and if that doesnt solve it then plug it in to computer and when it comes up on the device manager as a usb modem, right click and disable and try and flash it again. i had that with mine but managed to flash it ok the second time around.

I have followed what u said, in both ways, but the problem is that even when I press on the power key, nothing show up even the light. And when I plug it into the computer, nothing show up, it seems like I plug nothing into my computer. What do u think it is?

Guest cooperzetec
I have followed what u said, in both ways, but the problem is that even when I press on the power key, nothing show up even the light. And when I plug it into the computer, nothing show up, it seems like I plug nothing into my computer. What do u think it is?

Well to be honest i don't think its possible to actually kill it. i pulled mine out half way through and have even tried to flash it back to 1.6 which you can't do just to break it but no luck. Everytime it has reflashed no problem. So you have tried a hard reset? Have you tried putting it in download mode/emergency mode. hold volume up and power button i think

Guest Pagnchanak
Well to be honest i don't think its possible to actually kill it. i pulled mine out half way through and have even tried to flash it back to 1.6 which you can't do just to break it but no luck. Everytime it has reflashed no problem. So you have tried a hard reset? Have you tried putting it in download mode/emergency mode. hold volume up and power button i think

Well.. I cannot get into any mode at all. Hard reset, emergency mode/download mode, or simply just boot. Nothing show up, no light, it's just lying dead. I also wonder about that. I have read a lot of posts in many forums and have tried every way to get into the emergency mode. If only I can get into emergency mode, I know for sure I can fix it, but the fact that I CAN'T. Can you suggest every possible way to get into the emergency or download mode?

Guest Pagnchanak

Anyone got the same problem??? Please share and help me... Please...

If it's still like this, I guess I will return it to LG. Hopefully the warranty card is usable.

Have you tried connecting your phone to PC without battery? After plugging it in you should hear windows "beep" sound (meaning that new device is connected) then disable LG modem in device manager and try to reflash again.

Guest Pagnchanak
Have you tried connecting your phone to PC without battery? After plugging it in you should hear windows "beep" sound (meaning that new device is connected) then disable LG modem in device manager and try to reflash again.

Yes, I have and there was no sound. No device detected. What should I do?

Guest Pagnchanak
Same thing happened to my poor LG today,trying everything writen here nothing helps.Can't give up I won't,I hope Paul sees this topic or mine.

Hopefully we can fix it.. Please let me know if you can find a way to deal with that.. Thank you a lot..

Guest cooperzetec
Yes, I have and there was no sound. No device detected. What should I do?

Try uninstalling the LG drivers from your computer and then plug the phone in and see what that does.

Guest Pagnchanak
Try uninstalling the LG drivers from your computer and then plug the phone in and see what that does.

Now I've done uninstalling the drivers. But still, nothing happens. This is true, my phone is DEAD..

I have to join the people, even my phone has this problem, or atleast a boot-loop, i get it to download mode and i installd, reinstalld the drivers, but still, the only thing that shows up in the Device manager is "LGE Android Composite USB Device", and if i use the LGMobile Update tool, it starts good, then disconnects and im back to square one.

anyone with a tip i havent tried, i cant even get adb to work...

Guest Pagnchanak
I have to join the people, even my phone has this problem, or atleast a boot-loop, i get it to download mode and i installd, reinstalld the drivers, but still, the only thing that shows up in the Device manager is "LGE Android Composite USB Device", and if i use the LGMobile Update tool, it starts good, then disconnects and im back to square one.

anyone with a tip i havent tried, i cant even get adb to work...

If I were in ur case, I wouldn't be worried like I am now. If it just show up the device detected like this. It'll be fine. You should use KDZ flasher or LG utils to flash ur firmware.

Follow the instruction here

Guest Pagnchanak
You sure your battery is full ? Try charging it with a charger, not with PC.

I have plugged my charger for a whole night. Nothing even show up. I even happened to change a battery and I can do nothing. And even I try to get into emergency mode without battery, nothing show up.

Guest ilovelg
I have plugged my charger for a whole night. Nothing even show up. I even happened to change a battery and I can do nothing. And even I try to get into emergency mode without battery, nothing show up.

Well thats weird... i dont really know what to suggest you, if the phone is not responding at all, you should contact tech support then i guess. The waranty wont work if they will get that you tried to flash a rom to your device.

Edited by ilovelg

Guest Pagnchanak
Well thats weird... i dont really know what to suggest you, if the phone is not responding at all, you should contact tech support then i guess. The waranty wont work if they will get that you tried to flash a rom to your device.

Yeah, the phone is not response AT ALL. How unlucky I AM!!! :)

If I were in ur case, I wouldn't be worried like I am now. If it just show up the device detected like this. It'll be fine. You should use KDZ flasher or LG utils to flash ur firmware.

Follow the instruction here

So, i finaly got it to work, just plugged in the usb and it showed up, even tho it was fast in the boot loop i was able to adb push back my original framework-res.apk that i modified :)

edit- all i did was take out the battery, and attatch the usb cable, after a while it showed up...

Edited by verrox

Guest damjan006
Good for you,but why it wont work for me,cant reflash it .Still teh phone is freazing at 14%.

OK, you could try this :

If you have problems with KDZ_FW_UPD - Download and install from Microsoft two files "MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser" and "VisualC Redist"

1 LG_Android_Driver Ver 1.0 must be installed

2 In the Device Manager disable LGE Android USB Modem

3 Run Windows Enabler (on Windows 7 as administrator) and left click on the icon in System tray ( it should be ON )

4 Run "KDZ_FW_UPD.exe" (on Windows 7 as administrator)

5 In the "Type" select "3GQCT", then choose the firmware file

6 Expand the window of the KZD flasher ( more options will emerge )

7 In the "PhoneMode" section choose "CS_EMERGENCY"

DIAG - standard flashing mode of ON state

EMERGENCY - in extreme cases!

CS_EMERGENCY - the same thing, CS - crash systems

8 Click "Start update" will process the firmware

You could also disable your anti virus and use only the back USB ports of your PC. Good luck !