Advent Android tablets set to hit the Dixons Group stores shortly

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest debs626
As an aside, I am interested in where the 15000 devices suggestion you made comes from - where's your source for that my love ?

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/advent-veg...01669?p=9855404

Took me ages to find that LOL but it isn't the only place I have seen it mentioned. Need more coffee b4 I try to trace my tracks over the last few days.

Slightly disappointed that this company is trying to sell me something they dont even have in stock B)

Guest tdouble

Hi all, don't know if this is going to ease the pain/worry a bit but i ordered an Archos 101 for home delivery yesterday from PC World and still have not recieved the second email or phonecall even though the item is "still available for home delivery" so obviously it's not just an issue with the vega.

Guest debs626
Hi all, don't know if this is going to ease the pain/worry a bit but i ordered an Archos 101 for home delivery yesterday from PC World and still have not recieved the second email or phonecall even though the item is "still available for home delivery" so obviously it's not just an issue with the vega.

Hmmmmm I smells a rat LOL

This stock wasn't available until after the the Advent sold out ?

They could be grabbing your money (available bank balance) so you cant spend it anywhere else too ?

just a theory "/

Prolly not, I know they had a power cut at their head office yesterday and the links to their warehouse went down but ... they told me on the phone they hadn't received stock ... maybe the Archos is the same eh.

I guess we're at least in the queue ... hmmm. Still think it a little "off".

EDIT - F*** me - that would explain the phone calls ... duh!!! Why didn't I think of it earlier ... sorry ... power cut, phone call to clarify order ...

Edited by Guest

Guest rferrett

Well I had to go into town this morning to pay a cheque in and went to currys.digital on the off chance. The boys in there had never heard of it. Though they didn't strike me as the absolute sharpest tools in the box.

Guest debs626
Just having a quick google search and came across this Approved for delivery. Not sure what to make of it as i dont use twitter to ask.

He's probably had the phone call some of us had late yesterday afternoon. I was told that despatch probably wouldn't be today (Friday) but to keep an eye on my email.

Okay ... it's Saturday and we should all be out enjoying life ... so ...

DSG have taken our orders and not told us they didn't have stock but, we're in a queue and when they arrive (hmmm) we'll be some of the first to receive them.

I think the biggest issue I have is that we weren't told any of this - there was no banner advising Pre-Order and that I think is out of order completely (no pun) and they misrepresented the arrival and selling of stock to the media (knowlingly or not) but, the BACK in stock next week line is certainly untrue.

Take care all - shops are callin'

Edited by Guest

Guest Dogeron
Prolly not, I know they had a power cut at their head office yesterday and the links to their warehouse went down but ... they told me on the phone they hadn't received stock ... maybe the Archos is the same eh.

I guess we're at least in the queue ... hmmm. Still think it a little "off".

EDIT - F*** me - that would explain the phone calls ... duh!!! Why didn't I think of it earlier ... sorry ... power cut, phone call to clarify order ...

This would support your theory that they hadn't put any Vega stock quantity in their system before folks started ordering yesterday.

It would also explain why the stock count went negative -they input the figure in to the live selling system once connection to the warehouse link was restored but by then peeps following this thread had been beating their keyboards to pulp.

I would guess they were somewhat surprised when the system churned out a negative figure but they shouldn't have been!

Not unless they have no feedback systems of customer enquiries from the stores and no analysis of website hits - especially important with a new product launch just before Christmas where any company worth its salt would want to get a shipment sent (to arrive before Christmas) as soon as the first batch is sold.

Edited by Dogeron

This would support your theory that they hadn't put any Vega stock quantity in their system before folks started ordering yesterday.

It would also explain why the stock count went negative -they input the figure in to the live selling system once connection to the warehouse link was restored but by then peeps following this thread had been beating their keyboards to pulp.

I would guess they were somewhat surprised when the system churned out a negative figure but they shouldn't have been!

Not unless they have no feedback systems of customer enquiries from the stores and no analysis of website hits - especially important with a new product launch just before Christmas where any company worth its salt would want to get a shipment sent (to arrive before Christmas) as soon as the first batch is sold.

Yup and thanks for helping me not feel like Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory...

As said tho' - since then I've rang them and the guy I spoke to told me "no, we have not received stock". The minus 4 they show is unallocated stock - they obviously have the first delivery pre-keyed and our orders stacked against it. The minus 4 tells their purchasing team to order more.

Anyhow - I think there's more to come on this but, for now - shower, car wash and breakfast at Frankie & Bennys....

Edited by Guest

hi guys unfortunately still not stock of the vega but the archos 101 is showing as available from one of our main warehouses and in a handful of stores. i can say that our systems never show - stock its just not how they operate. not sure about the delivery confirmation email as ive never personally ordered from online but i can say that if tdouble has yet to receive a confirmation email for the archos 101 its a good sign as i could order one right now for myself in store.

ill be honest now im very much debating the archos 101 myself now order it into branch.

I'm not sure if I should be happy or not. Yesterday morning I went to the PC world website and could have ordered one as at the time it was still taking them. But decided to try a store first, so I'm happy i didn't order as I would be gutted if it wasn't coming next week but sad because i should have really ordered it to be one of the lucky first to get one 'when' they arrive in the country.

How many of you are going to keep your order?

Edited by Drizz

Guest Jonathan Maxwell

I was about to order yesterday and then no stock error an I'm kind of glad it happened after reading all this and the complete lack of communication from Dixons group. Remember guys what do we really know about this device? Has anyone actually had a go on the final realease even mags or websites? I really really hope it is not a dud as I want an iPad competitor for Christmas that plays Flash!

Guest ricwales1

Think ill be keeping my order, not gonna make any difference as no stock either way, at least when stock does arrive i know its winging its way to me instead of a store.

hi guys unfortunately still not stock of the vega ... i can say that our systems never show - stock its just not how they operate.

Thanks for the confirmation on the stock of the Vega Kevin.

I would imagine instore stock systems do not show minuses as you are retail and sell what is on hand - any orders for stock would run through to the central systems and it is there that they would deal with stock onhand, purchase orders, sales orders and quarantine etc which would of course generate minus figures (no current WMS doesn't).

Appreciate the confirm and it's good to have an honest inside man.

For anyone else, ring 0844 561 0000 for Customer Service - quote your order acknowledgement number, ask about shipping, ask about stock, as if they received any. By this stage, I expect they have modified scripts for agents but, draw your conclusions from the credibility of the answer furnished.

Edit - Hmmm stock figures eh ... and this is from a conversation with main number yesterday (19th) - http://twitter.com/BumpyBeads/status/5972923802198016

Edited by Guest

I will say something about all this, you can't buy publicity like this. Even though it's slightly negative.

The thought did cross my mind, is it a deliberate marketing ploy? Create an over whelming demand by having a low number of units available so when people want to buy you can hike the price up!

Guest JingleManSweep

I've just called PC World Customer Services quoting my order acknowledgement reference I received via email just after I ordered the Vega online yesterday (Friday 19th) at about 8.45am.

After a delay whilst the agent looked up a few details, he basically stated the order had been "technically released" (this means that all the financial and administration details have all been resolved), but then he quoted the "due to unprecedented demand" statement (which as we know is the new description of the product in their systems).

He did say he had a "silly stock indicator" on his screen saying '-4'. He couldn't provide any more specific stock/delivery times apart from the "next week" statement.

Just thought I'd post my findings too.

Edited by JingleManSweep

Guest debs626
I've just called PC World Customer Services quoting my order acknowledgement reference I received via email just after I ordered the Vega online yesterday (Friday 19th) at about 8.45am.

After a delay whilst the agent looked up a few details, he basically stated the order had been "technically released" (this means that all the financial and administration details have all been resolved), but then he quoted the "due to unprecedented demand" statement (which as we know is the new description of the product in their systems).

He did say he had a "silly stock indicator" on his screen saying '-4'. He couldn't provide any more specific stock/delivery times apart from the "next week" statement.

Just thought I'd post my findings too.

hmmmmmmm how could they go ahead and sell stock they don't have and have no idea when they will have it ? I'm starting to get a lil annoyed now :)

The least they could do is (before releasing imaginary stock) have a definite date of when stock would be arriving in warehouse/stores. When Pre-Ordering items on other websites there is always a date of when stock is expected.

This may well stir up some bad press for Dixons/Currys/PCWorld ....... especially if the device is a crock of chit (scuse my language) when it eventually turns up B)

DSG could also be managing expectation as they can see the level of people interest in the product....

LOL - managing expectation is one thing - lying is another.

Still I'm happy (probably not apt) to hear that I'm not the only one getting the stock story - it's being reported too ... http://www.androidguide.co.uk/blog/2010/no...lability-update

The minus four means they have orders with supplier/stock which is four less than the sales orders they have on their systems. If a shipment does come in I bet it's the only one they get before Christmas OR someone in the DSG purchasing team is going to have to crawl on their belly to WSL for more stock as they roll it out globally (note that word is that they are likely selling it to Scan, Expansys and others under the Point Of View Mobii brand).

http://www.expansys.com/expansys-mobii-10-ich-tablet-204651/

POV Site ... http://www.pointofview-online.com/showroom...;product_id=188

My mate rang them today and they cancelled his order ... because they didn't have stock .... figure that one out ... perhaps they are reacting ...

Breaking - Jacobyte969 reporting he's received a sales receipt ... either they got stock or are processing in lieu of its arrival ... http://twitter.com/Jacobyte969/status/6025377453441024

Added - got this on Twitter earlier - just saw it - http://twitter.com/MarkoUK/status/5992485255913472 ... NO STOCK

Edited by Guest

If they have cancelled one order that means its now -3. Out of interest do you know what time he ordered? was it the case that he was one of the very last few to place his ordered hence the cancelation due to no stock?

Edited by T4ylor