Advent Android tablets set to hit the Dixons Group stores shortly

Guest PaulOBrien

You never know mine didnt arrive at depo here till nearly 5am I hope they get it on a van later today

Keept checking it mate - mine didn't hit Milton Keynes depot until 7:30 and was put out for delivery at 7:35 ... there's hope.

From what I hear, those who've had their orders cancelled have to take part in the lottery again today when "apparently" the Vega goes on sale again.

Good luck to everyone.

May the schwartz be with you.

Status Date Time Signatory Branch Comments

In transit to delivery depot 23/11/10 05:04 HATFIELD TERMINAL

Departed Depot 22/11/10 17:35 HAMS HALL

Arrived At Depot 22/11/10 17:34 HAMS HALL

Parcel data received awaiting coll. 22/11/10 LINCOLN SERVICE CENTRE

Parcel received after cut off time. 21/11/10 14:29 DSG CUSTOMER LOCATION

Fingers crossed, Hatfield is a fair way from Norwich tho. B)

p

Fingers crossed, Hatfield is a fair way from Norwich tho. B)

p

Paul, based on those details I'd say out for delivery today - Hatfield is just under a 100 miles from Norwich and they left Hatfield at 5am ... their trunker vehicles are artics so they are limited to 55mph - slower still if they have other stops on the way then a little later. I'd not give up hope - besides if it ends up held in depot then you could also ring your local depot and collect if you bring ID ... I've done that before.

In case anyone feels the need but, be warned they are "challenging" to get in touch with ... (recall from my missing Xbox360 saga when they came out first).

DHL Customer Service +44 (0) 844 248 0555

Opening Times

08:00 - 21:00 Monday - Friday

09:00 - 13:00 Saturday

Guest JingleManSweep

Paul,

My parcel arrived at Hatfield at 19:58 last night and departed a few minutes later. I'm from Ipswich and my parcel arrived at the Ipswich depot at 2:35am. It isn't showing out for delivery yet, as my last status is "Scanned as part of secure process".

Hope this helps!

Guest JingleManSweep
Hmmm, not gonna go out today then I would assume!

Don't know, but mine is still in Ipswich depot now (not out for delivery), so maybe they'll go out for delivery later this morning?

If not, I'm probably in the same boat as you, the only problem is that I'm about 80 miles away at work in Cambridge, so even if it does arrive in the next ten minutes, I'm not going to able to play with my new toy until about 7pm tonight!

Hmmm, not gonna go out today then I would assume!

P

Told ya ... keep watching. All depends how close you are to the depot ... if its too late for the regular first runs then they'll get it potentially on a second.

Remember though - its on their regular trunking vehicle so these are the timings that they are used to operating under.

Edited by Guest

well its goint somewhere lol...

Passed to delivery courier 23/11/10 05:13 CAPEL HENDRE SERVICE CENTRE

Yup - by close of day I bet you're holding an Advent Vega ... whether you're trying to understand why you purchased it or not is a question we all want to answer. B)

Not wishing to state the obvious... but until we have a confirmed way to backup / restore, be VERY careful when hacking your shiny new device!

Trust me, I know from experience how easy it is to break things... B)

P

Guest shutdown

i wish someone would have one and tell us what it's like!

i'm considering taking part in the lottery later (if it happens) but really want to know if it's any good

Guest ricwales1

is there an easy way to test sd cards in these devices? will be trying out 8gb class 6 to the standard one supplied , wanna find out if 16gb class 6 or more is worth the extra.