Advent Android tablets set to hit the Dixons Group stores shortly

Guest PaulOBrien

Good stuff guys.

Couple Q's

Has anyone tried popping a sim card in the slot to see what happens (does it even have the hardware)

What google apps, if any are on the device, Gmail?

Im awaiting delivery today and concerned thats its not very user friendly out of box.The lack of appslib or any app store renders its capabilites and to me defeats the purpose of having a tablet.

Now I know it can be flashed,rooted etc and turned into what it should be but its the DSG group selling the product which will attract the non techy and I imagine will be dissapointed.

Mine is for a xmas pressie for son and after comparing it with archos I opted for the vega as it came with appslib and I quote from Adam Lockyer "The plan is when we get to january theres a new release of android and you will be able to get Marketplace but at the moment were putting an appstore on"

I would love the challenge of hacking it and had considered buying two for this purpose. But for now my question is how usable is it out of box for the general consumer?

Shocked... i just phoned currys asking delivery time (ordered as soon as it was posted yesterday, 5.15pm) and they have told me my order is cancelled as stock sold out. I had previously ordered on Friday as well and same thing. They still have not refunded me Friday's order. wtf is happening??

Anyone else phoned??

Guest hullmackem
Shocked... i just phoned currys asking delivery time (ordered as soon as it was posted yesterday, 5.15pm) and they have told me my order is cancelled as stock sold out. I had previously ordered on Friday as well and same thing. They still have not refunded me Friday's order. wtf is happening??

Anyone else phoned??

What ?? thats disgusting i'm phoning now. I also ordered from Currys.

Guest hullmackem
Weird! What time you order at?

probably around the same time as you. I got an email through at 5.20pm.

I've asked the guy on twitter about it, they should sort it out as its pretty poor.

Guest hullmackem
I ordered from PC World yesterday at about 5.10pm - just rang them up and they said order still going through - fingers crossed

Same, I imagine they'll pull them all from one stock pile.

Guest hullmackem
My email came through at 17.16pm... i'm gutted if it really has been cancelled. I tweeted the guys at twitter. Will let you know whats happening.

There were still taking orders on all 3 sites after I placed mine, so we must have been some of the early purchasers.

Guest captainsensible

I ordered mine from Dixons at around 5.10pm and got acknowledgement email at 5.25pm, followed by email saying it was being prepared for delivery at 5.30pm - nothing since then though and order is still showing on the website. Would be mighty pissed off it had been cancelled with no notification. At the same time, would have expected something more by now to suggest that it had been despatched or was ready to be despatched.

I ordered mine from Dixons at around 5.10pm and got acknowledgement email at 5.25pm, followed by email saying it was being prepared for delivery at 5.30pm - nothing since then though and order is still showing on the website. Would be mighty pissed off it had been cancelled with no notification. At the same time, would have expected something more by now to suggest that it had been despatched or was ready to be despatched.

Give them a ring and see what they say.

Guest unclebob31
Give them a ring and see what they say.

First post here.

I ordered yesterday from Currys yesterday afternoon.

Had two emails.

Called to make sure and was told it was being packed for dispatch and delivery would be with DHL

My advice if you are concerned is to give them a ring.

Looking forward to my VEGA now.

B)

Guest hullmackem
First post here.

I ordered yesterday from Currys yesterday afternoon.

Had two emails.

Called to make sure and was told it was being packed for dispatch and delivery would be with DHL

My advice if you are concerned is to give them a ring.

Looking forward to my VEGA now.

B)

mmmmmmmmmm worried now

I've ordered mine with currys, same time as everybody yesterday, got email with 20mins we are processing your order, it said to expect delivery within 3 working days, no email from DHL so far today so called currys, the guy was a bit sketchy on the phone, saying I would get an email from from DHL in the next 3 days. After probing him more he finally said the emails on this product had gone out in error and it should of stated 3 to 5 working days, I then asked if it was because they had no stock and they too are waiting delivery? and he said no they have stock, I'm now wondering why other small items can be delivered in the stated time scale but not the Vega, B)

Surely it should be first come first served. I am really p offed. Its the second time and they still have not refunded my first order on Friday. Twitter guys have not come back to me either. If this cant be resolved for me they can forget my business. Wasted all day waiting for it and when it did come online ordered and now cancelled... DSG are a joke.

Guest unclebob31
Surely it should be first come first served. I am really p offed. Its the second time and they still have not refunded my first order on Friday. Twitter guys have not come back to me either. If this cant be resolved for me they can forget my business. Wasted all day waiting for it and when it did come online ordered and now cancelled... DSG are a joke.

Sorry you are having a bad time mate.

I have just had things confirmed and a tracking number given to me.

Sorry if this seems to be salt on your situation, it isn't just think people reading this should know that things are progressing.

Good luck with your situation mate sounds a right royal f up.

Read somewhere today that they could be instore this weekend... perhaps thats the best route for you.

Good luck anyway.

Guest DrSuave

Just got this from currys

"Your order (CUR******01) is on its way and will be delivered to you by DHL.

Soon after this email is sent you will be able to track your delivery by clicking on the link below.

Courier website:JJD***********587

Tracking code: JJD**********587 "

B)

me to!

Mine is saying that DHL picked it up at 08:21.

Funny though as I called curry's at 11.30ish to be told that it will take 3-5 working days to be delivered and that I would receive a tracking number by email in a few days. The guy who I spoke to said that the stock is waiting to be collected by DHL and that they would collect it in a few days. According to DHL's website, they already have it!

Edited by lmjw