Advent Android tablets set to hit the Dixons Group stores shortly

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest hullmackem

For those without an email, give them a call. I've just done and had to go through a security check !! B) :)

It seems they have released my order for delivery now.

Guest emergant
For those without an email, give them a call. I've just done and had to go through a security check !! B) :)

It seems they have released my order for delivery now.

Funny you should say that, they phoned me for the security check. No idea why. Still no Email but they said stock was there for my order while on the phone

Guest hullmackem
Funny you should say that, they phoned me for the security check. No idea why. Still no Email but they said stock was there for my order while on the phone

I've done some digging and they pull their info from 192.com, which has me living at my old address primarily. Even though my new address is on there !

Just phoned Currys..

They didnt say the order was cancelled, and couldnt tell me when it would be delivered as they havent had details from DHL!? (which is apparently a 3-5 working day delivery)

Hmmm!

Guest hacarya

Hi Guys

I'm nw here but have been lurkinvg for about a week. Managed to order a Vega last night thanks to you guys and the advent team on twitter. My question is, does the Advent Vega come with apps, whether it be apps lib or android. Read a few conflicting things and now I'm confused.

Thanks

Sarah

Hi Guys

I'm nw here but have been lurkinvg for about a week. Managed to order a Vega last night thanks to you guys and the advent team on twitter. My question is, does the Advent Vega come with apps, whether it be apps lib or android. Read a few conflicting things and now I'm confused.

Thanks

Sarah

It doesn't come with the market, but Paul has taken care of that obstacle

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...-your-appetite/

Guest dizzytiz

Still no stock online B)

Come on Advent Vega guys, you need to put some stock information on the website otherwise my friend is going to buy the S Galaxy and you will have lost another sale!

Hi

I'm not very techi, had a quick look at link, it is just a case of downloading a site?

Give it a day or so & I'm sure Paul will post instructions on how to install the market place

Edited by rimoth

Guest hacarya
Give it a day or so & I'm sure Paul will post instructions on how to install the market place

Aw thank you so much for your help... the Vega is a xmas pressie for hubby, but it will kill me keeping it secret for four weeks.....lol

Will keep my eye out for paul's instructions

Sarah

Guest captainsensible

Still not got my tracking email, even after speaking to Dixons on the phone and them saying they would resend!! B) *hoping* that they weren't bullshitting about it being out for delivery tomorrow!!!

Still not got my tracking email, even after speaking to Dixons on the phone and them saying they would resend!! B) *hoping* that they weren't bullshitting about it being out for delivery tomorrow!!!

If it is out for delivery they should have the tracking number on your order.. ask them to tell you it over the phone!

I have a feeling i might be in the same boat as you.. confirmed its not cancelled, but dont have a tracking number :/

Guest captainsensible

Yeah I wish I had done that!! They won't be there now though - there is nothing regarding delivery or tracking on the website, so will call them back again in the morning to get it...

Ordered yesterday at around 6pm, got email confirmation at 1pm today.

Now I'm a bit worried, not home until Saturday so any attempt at delivery will get no reply. Anyone know how long DHL will keep it after a second attempt.

I have ,in vain hope, emailed DHL to try and get the deliver address changed to my current location. If that fails it's going to be Monday before I can pick it up.

Yeah I wish I had done that!! They won't be there now though - there is nothing regarding delivery or tracking on the website, so will call them back again in the morning to get it...

I got the tracking code dude at about three. Only problem dhl website not recognizes code!

Well i finally got my notification at half eight!

Departed Depot 24/11/10 20:07 HATFIELD TERMINAL

Arrived At Depot 24/11/10 20:04 HATFIELD TERMINAL

In transit to delivery depot 24/11/10 20:04 HATFIELD TERMINAL

Parcel Picked Up 24/11/10 15:48 DSG CUSTOMER LOCATION

Parcel data received awaiting coll. 24/11/10 LINCOLN SERVICE CENTRE

Fingers crossed for some gadget-geeking tomorrow eve! B)

its almost here!

Out for delivery 25/11/10 07:47 NORTHAMPTON HOME DELIVERY

Passed to delivery courier 25/11/10 00:41 NORTHAMPTON SERVICE CENTRE

Arrived At Depot 25/11/10 00:40 NORTHAMPTON SERVICE CENTRE

Departed Depot 24/11/10 19:37 HATFIELD TERMINAL

Arrived At Depot 24/11/10 19:34 HATFIELD TERMINAL

In transit to delivery depot 24/11/10 19:34 HATFIELD TERMINAL

Parcel Picked Up 24/11/10 08:23 DSG CUSTOMER LOCATION

Parcel data received awaiting coll. 24/11/10 LINCOLN SERVICE CENTRE

Guest rferrett

I am feeling the love! Pity I am in London and probably wont get home in time to get it tonight..... grrr...

"Arrived At Depot 25/11/10 07:42 PLYMOUTH SERVICE CENTRE

Arrived At Depot 25/11/10 07:41 PLYMOUTH SERVICE CENTRE

Arrived At Depot 24/11/10 22:39 BRISTOL TERMINAL

Parcel Picked Up 24/11/10 08:21 DSG CUSTOMER LOCATION

Parcel data received awaiting coll. 24/11/10 LINCOLN SERVICE CENTRE "

Guest mad.dog

Ordered mine at 17:10 from dixons and not had a tracking e-mail and cannot call them from site today to follow up :-(

Going back home tonight after a few days on site, hoping I've been carded when I get hom at 10pm