Advent Android tablets set to hit the Dixons Group stores shortly

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest wimsloboy
Hi Guys

Mine wont pick up emails, keeps changing songs half way through and keeps shutting down for no reason. I am not happy with it, can I return it to a PC World store?

Sarah

Hi Sarah

Yes you can return it to your nearest pcworld store ..... bring your receipt (you should have got one emailed to you) and also bring the card you paid with to get the refund. Sorry to hear you are having such problems with it must be a bit of a disappointment after being successful in getting it in the first place :P

Guest hacarya
Hi Sarah

Yes you can return it to your nearest pcworld store ..... bring your receipt (you should have got one emailed to you) and also bring the card you paid with to get the refund. Sorry to hear you are having such problems with it must be a bit of a disappointment after being successful in getting it in the first place :P

Hi

Thanks for that, I will take it back in the morning. To say I am dissapointed is an understatement. It was hubby's xmas pressie. Luckily I gave it him early so we were able to discover it's problems. It looked so good but keeps shutting down which it obviously shouldn.t do. Will it matter that it;s been opened and used as obviously faults can't be spotted unless it's used?

Think I read somewhere PC World wern't too enthusiastic in taking them back?

Sarah

Guest wimsloboy

They should take it back and refund ok....... even if it wasn't faulty they are obliged to take it back under distance selling regulations. when you got your confirmation email there is a small text attachment detailing what you do if you wish to return it. I have attached it here for your convenience would be handy for you to print it off and take it with you. Hope this helps

arrangements_en.pdf

Guest hacarya
They should take it back and refund ok....... even if it wasn't faulty they are obliged to take it back under distance selling regulations. when you got your confirmation email there is a small text attachment detailing what you do if you wish to return it. I have attached it here for your convenience would be handy for you to print it off and take it with you. Hope this helps

Thank you, that's so kind!

well have you seen the phrase:

"The product must not have been used or installed and data must not have been inputted." That means, you can unpack the product (very difficult sometimes with sealed a sealed package), but you are not allowed to switch it on.

I prefer the 30 days return policy from amazon. Here you can use the product and send it back if not happy.

Guest James Muscat
well have you seen the phrase:

"The product must not have been used or installed and data must not have been inputted." That means, you can unpack the product (very difficult sometimes with sealed a sealed package), but you are not allowed to switch it on.

I prefer the 30 days return policy from amazon. Here you can use the product and send it back if not happy.

Under the UK's distance selling laws, you get seven days regardless.

I took my first Vega back to PC World last week (it was dead on arrival) - they were very helpful and took it back without any fuss. (Second one is now on order...)

Guest hacarya
Under the UK's distance selling laws, you get seven days regardless.

I took my first Vega back to PC World last week (it was dead on arrival) - they were very helpful and took it back without any fuss. (Second one is now on order...)

Thanks guy, they took it back no probs although they hadn't seen one before, lol!

Can anyone recommend any other tablet as my hubby has his heart set on one now?

Thanks

Sarah

Guest ed.dark
Thanks guy, they took it back no probs although they hadn't seen one before, lol!

Can anyone recommend any other tablet as my hubby has his heart set on one now?

Thanks

Sarah

Archos 101? seems better for movies.....

Guest wimsloboy
Archos 101? seems better for movies.....

Sarah

Glad you got it sorted ok

Hold off for a while its still 4 weeks till xmas.... def worth trying again for the vega... really makes a huge difference when you apply Paul's rom !!

Guest ShaunR_UK
And just minutes later the Item not available message is back :P

Yeah, they're happy to take new orders but can't give an update on the forward orders..it's an absolute farce. Smacks of a planned dribble of stock to increase demand..

Guest xxtinkxx
Yeah, they're happy to take new orders but can't give an update on the forward orders..it's an absolute farce. Smacks of a planned dribble of stock to increase demand..

Definately agree. Soo disappointed with their attempt to drum up sales. I've been following Advent vega on twitter and sat in front of pc for 2 DAYS (son's xmas prezzie) after being told they were to be put in stock on the dixons/pcworld site but SOMEHOW I still managed to miss them. After phoning dixons group they have informed me that they have definately not been in stock today or yesterday so what's going on here then? I have to say it's really put me off buying one now, surely there's enough interest in them without the guys at advent (or should I say pc world as they're the same ppl?) telling porkies and having customers like myself waiting in vain to order. Just tell us when they're back in stock and we don't mind waiting without the 'they back in stock' ' oh sorry they sold out very quickly' farce. :P

Guest Sir Gash

Thought I would make my first post here a big thank you to everyone who has posted information about how and where to get the Vega, thanks to these posts and the Twitter feed I was lucky enough to place an order for one this morning :P

Also, big thanks to Paul for his custom ROM, without this I probably wouldn't have been tempted to buy one.

Cheers!

Thought I would make my first post here a big thank you to everyone who has posted information about how and where to get the Vega, thanks to these posts and the Twitter feed I was lucky enough to place an order for one this morning :P

Also, big thanks to Paul for his custom ROM, without this I probably wouldn't have been tempted to buy one.

Cheers!

Have you received a tracking number yet? I was on forward order from Saturday and still have not heard anything about tracking despite being told it was being processed this morning and i should have a tracking number this afternoon. Althought im not too sure when the tracking numbers go live probably once DHL scan the consigments and notify DSG which i suppose depends on when they are picked up.

Guest Sir Gash
Have you received a tracking number yet? I was on forward order from Saturday and still have not heard anything about tracking despite being told it was being processed this morning and i should have a tracking number this afternoon. Althought im not too sure when the tracking numbers go live probably once DHL scan the consigments and notify DSG which i suppose depends on when they are picked up.

No tracking number yet, received 3 emails from Currys so far (1 Order Acknowledgment and 2 Order Processing emails, one with a PDF, the other without). I know this is no guarantee that I will be getting one but at least I managed to place an order. It's shocking that none of the Dixons Group stores offer pre-orders.

Edited by Sir Gash

• 2 months later...
Guest Ashley Margrove

I've always wanted a tablet!

This checks all the boxes for me!

I may consider getting this, For this spec in such a small package is a bargain!