Help with my Galaxy S

Guest richardj

Guest richardj

Hi all, This is my first post on this forum so I am hoping you guys might be able to help with the following

I have had my Galaxy S since the beginning of July and it is just a great phone.

When I first got the phone it was on JF3 firmware and after reading about a firmware update to JM1 I thought I would give it a go, anyway when I connected phone to kies it said this version could not be updated which I thought was a bit strange as it is unbranded and sim unlocked.

I did A bit more research and found the sales code hack *#272*HHmm# and selected XEU and tapped install, so far so good until I connected to kies and it said this version cannot be updated.

I then found the registry hack and changed the product code to XEU and in DEVCONINFO PRD to XEU, did this with kies running and phone connected and kies found the firmware update all good, but when I now connect the phone to kies and go into the registry it shows the product code and the PRD as SER. Does any one know what SER stands for and why it is showing SER and not XEU

Thanks for your help

Edited by richardj

Guest mpierce
Hi all, This is my first post on this forum so I am hoping you guys might be able to help with the following

I have had my Galaxy S since the beginning of July and it is just a great phone.

When I first got the phone it was on JF3 firmware and after reading about a firmware update to JM1 I thought I would give it a go, anyway when I connected phone to kies it said this version could not be updated which I thought was a bit strange as it is unbranded and sim unlocked.

I did A bit more research and found the sales code hack *#272*HHmm# and selected XEU and tapped install, so far so good until I connected to kies and it said this version cannot be updated.

I then found the registry hack and changed the product code to XEU and in DEVCONINFO PRD to XEU, did this with kies running and phone connected and kies found the firmware update all good, but when I now connect the phone to kies and go into the registry it shows the product code and the PRD as SER. Does any one know what SER stands for and why it is showing SER and not XEU

Thanks for your help

I think that it is part of the product code for: I9000 [u.K.](O2) = GT-I9000HKDSER where XEU is part of the European countries (Norway).