froyo 2.2

Guest smsmasters.co.uk

Guest Sebastian404
I thought the only difference between the V880 and the SanFran was screen and RAM?

I see no evidence anywhere it's a CDMA device.

P

I thought it was a CDMA device, but Im not so sure now.

The Chinese guy who flashed my de-orangeated ROM to his V880 said that everything apart from the Phone worked... same problem as us.

Guest steve1221
I met a guy who was in-charge of France Telecom's Handset Acceptance Department (or something like that) at Barcelona Mobile World Congress last year, I was asking why Orange always got the new Handsets months after the other networks, and he said it was because they did more testing and integration than the other networks.

I would say something about the bad job they have made of it, but I've heard the guys who work in the testing department have lost their jobs are part of the Everything Everywhere debarkle. Maybe they never finished it?

Everyone's losing their &^*ing job in the great Everything Everywhere move. They've closed a call centre already (having said for 18 months there was no way it was ever going to!).

Store's are closing and the whole of key dept's are being 'let go'.

Bitter !!! Why would you think that !

Guest Sebastian404
Everyone's losing their &^*ing job in the great Everything Everywhere move. They've closed a call centre already (having said for 18 months there was no way it was ever going to!).

Store's are closing and the whole of key dept's are being 'let go'.

Bitter !!! Why would you think that !

The guy I know who works for them said that a lot of jobs seem to be lost in 'Orange' and kept/created in 'T Mobile'. apparently his job is in doubt as they have to loose 2 people from his team, but he's seen EXACTLY the same job advertised on the internal job board only based out of Hatfield rather than Bristol.

Seems like T-Mobile are the winners here..

Guest tmobilepulse
I thought it was a CDMA device, but Im not so sure now.

The Chinese guy who flashed my de-orangeated ROM to his V880 said that everything apart from the Phone worked... same problem as us.

I think it is not a CDMA device because i know many v880 chinese holder is using GSM or WCDMA. Is possilbe that the band is different in GSM between UK and China?

Guest steve1221
The guy I know who works for them said that a lot of jobs seem to be lost in 'Orange' and kept/created in 'T Mobile'. apparently his job is in doubt as they have to loose 2 people from his team, but he's seen EXACTLY the same job advertised on the internal job board only based out of Hatfield rather than Bristol.

Seems like T-Mobile are the winners here..

The Bristol side of Orange seems to get getting hit the hardest, no one knows why?

The whole of our dept is going (or they say we're in 'consultation' for 3 months, HR speak for we don't want to say yet in case you all quit!). Because T outsource their version of our team, and we all know how well outsourcing works !

Guest fluxcapacitor
I thought the only difference between the V880 and the SanFran was screen and RAM?

I see no evidence anywhere it's a CDMA device.

P

I remember seeing a photo of the back of it that clearly said CDMA, i'l try and dig it out!

EDIT ok maybe not, it says WCDMA but no mention of GSM mind?

post-745776-1287572708_thumb.jpg

Edited by fluxcapacitor

Guest Sebastian404
I think it is not a CDMA device because i know many v880 chinese holder is using GSM or WCDMA. Is possilbe that the band is different in GSM between UK and China?

Do you know anyone who is running a retail version of the ROM? if we could dump the final version that might help... Also if we can resolve the phone issues we could port any new ROMS developed to work on both devices...

Guest Sebastian404
I remember seeing a photo of the back of it that clearly said CDMA, i'l try and dig it out!

EDIT ok maybe not, it says WCDMA but no mention of GSM mind?

The fact its got a SIM card slot is a bit of a give away tho :P

EDIT: unless that is a R-UIM slot.... I've never seen one, but I believe they are a different size/shape

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest sorrowuk

You sure the phone part is not a permissions problem again ?

Are we 100% sure that all the permissions are definately correct. Check what the permissions are like on the zte blade original rom

Guest Sebastian404

This picture:

miniicebinimg8151.jpg

Seems to end our CDMA debate..

Tho its worth noting my SF only does GSM 900/1800/1900 & UMTS 900/2100 where this is claiming GSM 850/900/1800/1900 & UMTS 850/900/2100

So it seems the V880 has a 'better' radio

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest tmobilepulse
Do you know anyone who is running a retail version of the ROM? if we could dump the final version that might help... Also if we can resolve the phone issues we could port any new ROMS developed to work on both devices...

In factor, the v880 has not been released in China so there is no retail version. All currently V880 come from ZTE leaking. :P

Guest tmobilepulse
This picture:

miniicebinimg8151.jpg

Seems to end our CDMA debate..

Tho its worth noting my SF only does GSM 900/1800/1900 & UMTS 900/2100 where this is claiming GSM 850/900/1800/1900 & UMTS 850/900/2100

So it seems the V880 has a 'better' radio

so far, there are 3 differences between v880 and sf.

screen

ram

band

Guest Simon O

The V880 is supposed to be coming to China Unicom which uses standard radio frequencies like Europe. Most of the grey market iPhones in use in China are operating on China Unicom for this reason (China Mobile uses different 3G standards).

No I very much doubt the phone issue is due to different frequencies.

Guest Simon O
I'm uploading my build now.

It has all the Google bits in, but you can't sign in... which I think is a symptom of the phone part not working properly - so if we CAN get that going, we'll be set.

P

Does your build have working root and ADB? The build I made doesn't have these working, even though the boot.img is rooted.

Hey guys, maybe you can help me out.

I finally got my blade a couple of days ago (thanks flibblesan) and have started a froyo build from aosp source. I probably won't put much effort into the aosp build (unless people want it), once it is booting and stable I will concentrate on a CyanogenMod port.

I have it booting into init with the 2.6.32 kernel, adbd is running and usb is working, but sh and logcat return nothing (no error, just nothing). 'adb pull' works, so I can see a bit of what is happening by pulling /proc/kmsg, but it would really be useful if I could see what is in logcat, so does anyone know why logcat would not be working? Is there any other way to access the logcat logs? I thought pulling /dev/log/main might work but it looks like it doesn't.

I've attached the kmsg (dmesg) full of fail if anyone is interested. It looks like servicemanager is dying and taking everything with it.

kmsg.txt

Edited by Tom G

Guest Simon O
Hey guys, maybe you can help me out.

I finally got my blade a couple of days ago (thanks flibblesan) and have started a froyo build from aosp source. I probably won't put much effort into the aosp build (unless people want it), once it is booting and stable I will concentrate on a CyanogenMod port.

I have it booting into init with the 2.6.32 kernel, adbd is running and usb is working, but sh and logcat return nothing (no error, just nothing). 'adb pull' works, so I can see a bit of what is happening by pulling /proc/kmsg, but it would really be useful if I could see what is in logcat, so does anyone know why logcat would not be working? Is there any other way to access the logcat logs? I thought pulling /dev/log/main might work but it looks like it doesn't.

I've attached the kmsg (dmesg) full of fail if anyone is interested. It looks like servicemanager is dying and taking everything with it.

Did you try the old tip from the Pulse to enable logcat?

adb shell

echo 1 > /sys/kernel/logger/log_main/enable

echo 2 >/sys/kernel/logger/log_main/priority

The V880 is supposed to be coming to China Unicom which uses standard radio frequencies like Europe. Most of the grey market iPhones in use in China are operating on China Unicom for this reason (China Mobile uses different 3G standards).

No I very much doubt the phone issue is due to different frequencies.

I downloaded your rom earlier, but haven't tried running it yet. Whats the deal with radio? Does rild fail or does it just not get signal?

Edited by Tom G

Guest Simon O
I downloaded your rom earlier, but haven't tried running it yet. Whats the deal with radio? Does rild fail or does it just not get signal?

I can't tell as I can't get ADB working with the rom at all, so I'm unable to get logs.