froyo 2.2

Guest smsmasters.co.uk

Guest tabor56

Tom i was wondering, what is the possibility of you porting cyanogen mod over to the blade? would you still encounter these problems or are they related to the ZTE rom?

Guest smsmasters.co.uk

Got a Core i7 @ 4GHz with 12GB RAM here. Let me know if you need my processing power. Got some spare webspace too if you need to host files.

Guest Stephen Hyde
Tom i was wondering, what is the possibility of you porting cyanogen mod over to the blade? would you still encounter these problems or are they related to the ZTE rom?

ill probably look at CM6 also for blade but i want ril working first

Guest Stephen Hyde

right well ive just compared the qcrilhook and qcnvitems files (extracted em) and their near enough exactly the same - few line staements are different but nothign else really. so next idea folks

I expect we will run into the same problems. All of the ril stuff is closed source, so the only option really (since we have no info about the hardware) is to copy the oem libraries (thats what I did for the Pulse, and I assume what Stephen did for the Streak). If they won't work for us now they are unlikely to work in a rom built from source. Maybe ril libraries from a different device would work, but I doubt it.

Guest Simon O

If you get ril working then the Gapps will work fine. I do think that ril not working is causing the apps to think the phone radio is completely off (airplane mode maybe?) and the apps just simply stop allowing connections.

Unless I'm talking c**p again :P

If you get ril working then the Gapps will work fine. I do think that ril not working is causing the apps to think the phone radio is completely off (airplane mode maybe?) and the apps just simply stop allowing connections.

Unless I'm talking c**p again :P

I think Gapps should work without ril, but rild constantly trying to connect might confuse it. Try removing rild from init.

Edited by Tom G

Noobie theory here, so please humour me :P

I noticed that system/etc/apns-conf.xml on the 2.2 build has Chinese APN's in it, is it possible that the radio is working, but has no valid APN's it can pick up and work with?

well ive had not muchsuccess with ril or gaps at min got some logs for you to look at though :

radio: http://pastebin.com/JfwhLxBG

gapps: http://pastebin.com/tatFkcEa

hope these help pinpoint it as im baffled. the gapps log has some ril crap in it too

Can't offer any immediate input, but one thing that might be worth doing is comparing this with a healthy output from a 2.1 phone?

Oh and the log makes it look like it's failed to talk to the Sim, first thing to fail, maybe that's why? What happens if you don't have a sim in at all, does it allow emergency calls?

Edited by rjm2k

Would that seem like it is at least talking to the SIM, to realise there's one there in the first place? And would a non-working radio cause there to be no signal with emergency calls only?

Guest fluxcapacitor

Another newb theory... do these phones have some kind of phone networks list?

like O2 etc each have their own network ID code? 27202 i think?

On my old nokia it has a list of known networks its allowed to roam to

Could they be blocked somewhere?

i get orange signal for and network shown for about 5-10 seconds on boot into ui after which signal disappears and no service returns

Sorry for the multiple queries/theories lol, just trying to do my bit to help. Would that suggest that the SIM is initialized, but then something is interferring and cutting it off again? Is it worth trying the apns-conf.xml from the 2.1 ROM on the 2.2? I would try it, but I can't here at work.

Edited by cobhc

Guest Stephen Hyde

hmmm, ill just leave this here

E/dalvikvm(  496): Could not find class 'com.android.qualcomm.qcnvitems.QcNvItems', referenced from method com.android.securitysmsservice.SecuritySmsExecSend.ExecSendSms
W/dalvikvm( 496): VFY: unable to resolve new-instance 23 (Lcom/android/qualcomm/qcnvitems/QcNvItems;) in Lcom/android/securitysmsservice/SecuritySmsExecSend;
E/dalvikvm( 496): Could not find class 'com.android.qualcomm.qcnvitems.QcNvItems', referenced from method com.android.securitysmsservice.SecuritySmsExecSend.getZteSmsInfo
W/dalvikvm( 496): VFY: unable to resolve new-instance 23 (Lcom/android/qualcomm/qcnvitems/QcNvItems;) in Lcom/android/securitysmsservice/SecuritySmsExecSend;
E/dalvikvm( 496): Could not find class 'com.android.qualcomm.qcnvitems.QcNvItems', referenced from method com.android.securitysmsservice.SecuritySmsExecSend.setZteSmsInfo
W/dalvikvm( 496): VFY: unable to resolve virtual method 40: Lcom/android/qualcomm/qcnvitems/QcNvItems;.setZteSmsInfo (Ljava/lang/String;)Z
E/SmBroadcastReceiver---onReceive--( 496): hqb-hqb--intent.getAction()=android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED
W/dalvikvm( 496): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x2aacc820)
E/AndroidRuntime( 496): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 496): java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.android.qualcomm.qcnvitems.QcNvItems
E/AndroidRuntime( 496): at com.android.securitysmsservice.SecuritySmsExecSend.getZteSmsInfo(SecuritySmsExecSend.java:114)
E/AndroidRuntime( 496): at com.android.securitysmsservice.SmBroadcastReceiver.onReceive(SmBroadcastReceiver.java:38)
E/AndroidRuntime( 496): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleReceiver(ActivityThread.java:2810)
E/AndroidRuntime( 496): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$3200(ActivityThread.java:125)
E/AndroidRuntime( 496): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2083)
E/AndroidRuntime( 496): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 496): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
E/AndroidRuntime( 496): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4627)
E/AndroidRuntime( 496): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 496): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
E/AndroidRuntime( 496): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:876)
E/AndroidRuntime( 496): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:634)
E/AndroidRuntime( 496): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/WindowManager( 113): updateFocusedWindowLocked newFocus=Window{35252bb8 Sorry! paused=false} mode=1 mCurrentFocus = Window{35083108 com.android.launcher/com.android.launcher2.Launcher paused=false}[/code]

just got that after disabling rild and removing the qcnvitems & qcrilhook jars from bootclasspath. anyone else think it looks mighty suspicious

ok im working on getting google apps to work, i know where the issue is now so fixing that while i think on ril issue

The Google apps is working on my build, EXCEPT the checkin process (vital for signup) is getting a response from Google that the WiFi MAC is invalid!

When we have phone, it should work.

P