froyo 2.2

Guest smsmasters.co.uk

Nothing I do allows me to use market use: (wifi MAC address redacted apart from last 2 digits)

I/CheckinTask( 382): Sending checkin request (35432 bytes)

E/CheckinTask( 382): Checkin failed: https://android.clients.google.com/checkin (request #0)

E/CheckinTask( 382): java.io.IOException: Rejected response from server: HTTP/1.1 400 invalid hardware identifier: "00.12.34.56.78.B4" is not a valid MAC address (expect

12 hex digits)

Happens on my handset and a friends. A bit of research seems to suggest that others had this issue with CM6 on other phones..

Other than that Youtube works well green band aside.

There are other little things but i'm impressed with the progress so far. Getting google services working reliably would definately make 2.2 usable as it develops

Thankyou for your hardwork!

Guest challengedavid
:-( I have been dreaming of what the morning may bring. Keep up the good work guys, I for one apreciate everything you do

you too, first thing i thought of when i woke-up

Guest daniel_owen_uk

Unbelievable work guys, read it yesterday tea and it seemed like the wall had been hit, great work smashing through it.

Dying to have 2.2 on my blade.

Guest AndyHibberd

Froyo?!

Pssshhhh....

Of course Froyo will be good though! (Better gmail, device improvements. Better search system etc. Support for more apps.)

Guest oh!dougal
Nothing I do allows me to use market use: (wifi MAC address redacted apart from last 2 digits)

I/CheckinTask( 382): Sending checkin request (35432 bytes)

E/CheckinTask( 382): Checkin failed: https://android.clients.google.com/checkin (request #0)

E/CheckinTask( 382): java.io.IOException: Rejected response from server: HTTP/1.1 400 invalid hardware identifier: "00.12.34.56.78.B4" is not a valid MAC address (expect

12 hex digits)

Happens on my handset and a friends. A bit of research seems to suggest that others had this issue with CM6 on other phones..

Somewhere in this thread I think, in a code fragment there was something about 0123456etc being used as a dummy MAC address during setup, before obtaining the real one from the hardware.

Sounds like the initialisation, and getting the phone's real MAC isn't happening reliably ... and the dummy address is persisting.

However, it seems that it does eventually initialise properly for some people.

Perhaps its initialising correctly after a warm start, but not from boot?

So maybe wifi off/on (or maybe sleeping the wifi) would pick up the valid MAC and permit access to Market?

I hope this rings a bell with some of the dev dept ... :P

Edited by oh!dougal

The good news is I have my aosp build fully booting (not much works yet, but most of it is easy to fix).

The bad news is the screen is upside down and touchscreen doesn't work.

Is there any interest in an aosp based rom or should I just move on to porting CyanogenMod?

The good news is I have my aosp build fully booting (not much works yet, but most of it is easy to fix).

Is there any interest in an aosp based rom or should I just move on to porting CyanogenMod?

M a noob but ever since getting an android phone all iv heard about is how good cyanogenmods roms are. I woul d love to try it out so please do try porting it. Good luck :P

Guest tocixxx

An AOSP based ROM would rock. Would love to see "vanilla" - Android as base for custom roms.

Guest Sebastian404

I've been working on a AOSP build of 2.1, but I kind of gave up on it till the Kernel source turns up to make a it a FULL build.

When are we likely to see a public release?

When I have something worth releasing.

The touchscreen now works, but if I release it as is there will be too many people complaining that nothing works. I won't be trying to fix much until I can figure out the screen rotation thing.

Guest Sebastian404

The touchscreen now works, but if I release it as is there will be too many people complaining that nothing works. I won't be trying to fix much until I can figure out the screen rotation thing.

Did you build your own kernel?

try adding 'fbcon=rotate:2' to your cmdline

Did you build your own kernel?

try adding 'fbcon=rotate:2' to your cmdline

I'm using the zte 2.6.32 kernel.

I made a new prelink map to work with the different vmsplit. The only problem is I have an incorrect address in linker, so at the moment i'm using the linker binary from the zte rom until i figure out what the address should be (which means I don't have linker debugging on :P ).

I tried fbcon with recovery and it didn't work.

Edited by Tom G

It seems that froyo has ro.sf.hwrotation property, but value 180 is not supported.

Luckily somebody posted a patch here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=9604.

Then it should work with ro.sf.hwrotation=180 in build.prop

Edited by MDCFan

Guest Sebastian404
It seems that froyo has ro.sf.hwrotation property, but value 180 is not supported.

Luckily somebody posted a patch here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=9604.

Then it should work with ro.sf.hwrotation=180 in build.prop

The screen in the SF is in upside down, as mentioned in the the link above, in the 2.1 build libsurfaceflinger has been 'edited' to resolve that, however that does not fix the problem in some apps that access the screen directly.

Edited by Sebastian404

Somewhere in this thread I think, in a code fragment there was something about 0123456etc being used as a dummy MAC address during setup, before obtaining the real one from the hardware.

Please note the correct mac is being got as I say in my post I have deleted my real mac from the post replacing it with the 01.23 etc. So bear that in mind when talking about this issue.

Guest oh!dougal
Please note the correct mac is being got as I say in my post I have deleted my real mac from the post replacing it with the 01.23 etc. So bear that in mind when talking about this issue.

It actually wasn't 01234... that was my mistaken recollection ... BUT the script comment was explicit that that number was being used as the true ID had not (at that point, presumably in boot) been obtained from the hardware.

Guest 2smart4class

does anyone have an alternative to setcpu app as this doesnt let you overclock just set max at 600mhz which is the stock max... thanks in advance.

Guest sorrowuk
does anyone have an alternative to setcpu app as this doesnt let you overclock just set max at 600mhz which is the stock max... thanks in advance.

Why did they put the screen in the phone upside down? What was the benefit of them doing that ? Could they not have put it in the right way round.

Guest mrgubby
Why did they put the screen in the phone upside down? What was the benefit of them doing that ? Could they not have put it in the right way round.

I've designed products with LCD's. Quite often the "frame" around the LCD is offset to one side so to get it to "fit" better in the chassis I've ended up mounting it upside down.

It's easier to write an upside down driver than get the LCD manufacturer to make me a new LCD :P