Universal AndRoot - Safe to use?

Guest BK2FUT

As I posted in another thread, I can't seem to root via the traditional method, so I may have to use Universal Androot.

I'm dissappointed, because this now means using some 3rd party software to alter my phone on a serious level.

Is Universal Androot generally well regarded?

I'm worried it'll do something nasty in the background or something...

:)

Guest ilovelg
As I posted in another thread, I can't seem to root via the traditional method, so I may have to use Universal Androot.

I'm dissappointed, because this now means using some 3rd party software to alter my phone on a serious level.

Well first of all, you could mention about Universal Androot in the same thread, theres no need to create seperate threads for same problem. And the answer is, propably NO. Havent heard someone complaining that Universal Androot have bricked theire phone or damaged it somehow. And once you root your phone with it, you can delete the app, it dosnt have to stay in your handheld, nor it does run something in background. People, stop being paranoid...

Guest ASY9650

Androot is the best choice for 1.6. It's the method I used for that ROM and it worked better than my first attempts to root it through ADB ='].

It also gives you the choice to unroot.

It's a brilliant app, and yes it is very well regarded. Why not search the market and look at the rating/comments? =].

It won't let you down...Honestly.

It doesn't run in the background, all I believe it does is change/edit the files necessary that you would normally through ADB etc.

When I tried it on 2.1 it just told me it failed or something, didn't force close just let me know it wasn't possible. If for some reason

your ROM can't be rooted, it won't try and force those files on resulting in messing up your phone.

And out of interest, You haven't updated to a 2.1 ROM right?. And APPS2SD is not possible at all on 1.6.

If you are rooting to use apps such a Barnacle Tether etc. then I see the need, if not, then you don't have

a need for root then I'd take the easiest option and not root which can't mess anything up not that Androot will.

Edited by ASY9650

Guest RottenFoxBreath

They are on 1.6...And as pointed out above, a simple search/continue in the previous thread, or a quick search on the market/Google, would have revealed the answer.

Also, either way you look at it, and any which way you do it, you are going to have something on your phone altering it, to root it.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath