Bring Liquid A1 to repair center (Belgium)

Guest Musabadiane

Guest Musabadiane

Hello,

I will send back my liquid to Acer for two reason :

• My LCD has some black splashes on the right (top and bottom);
  • when I use the GPS (copilot) and charge it with the car charger,after a while (depend on the temperature, but it happens even if the temperature doesn't go over 20°C), android go in security mode, stop to charge and display a warning in the notifaction bar. It seems to be due to high heating of the phone.

Anyone already had these symptoms? Who send back their phone to Acer? Do you think they are aware of the heating problems? Do they have a solution for that?

The repair center for Belgium seems to be in Holland, I hope they will send me a new phone!!

Thanks in advance for your comment;

Guest Morris Lee
Hello,

• when I use the GPS (copilot) and charge it with the car charger,after a while (depend on the temperature, but it happens even if the temperature doesn't go over 20°C), android go in security mode, stop to charge and display a warning in the notifaction bar. It seems to be due to high heating of the phone.

Anyone already had these symptoms? Who send back their phone to Acer? Do you think they are aware of the heating problems? Do they have a solution for that?

The repair center for Belgium seems to be in Holland, I hope they will send me a new phone!!

Thanks in advance for your comment;

Do you have a picture of the black splashes?

I don't drive but I never had that problem

Morris Lee

Guest Musabadiane
Do you have a picture of the black splashes?

I don't drive but I never had that problem

Morris Lee

The problem occur only when driving (with gps enabled) and charging at the same time;

Guest G_Technik
Hello,

You've wrote about splashes on right side of screen, but on photo they are on left side and I don't think it's warranty case.

When you charge your phone at car you use "not Acer" charger and I think Acer will say "It's not a warranty case" :)

And if you have any scratches on on left side of covering, don't send it to service - it will be a wasting of time/

Guest Morris Lee
The problem occur only when driving (with gps enabled) and charging at the same time;

Mine does get pretty warm during charging and playing with it at the same time. Maybe the software you are using is pretty intensive app?

Guest Musabadiane
You've wrote about splashes on right side of screen, but on photo they are on left side and I don't think it's warranty case.

When you charge your phone at car you use "not Acer" charger and I think Acer will say "It's not a warranty case" :)

And if you have any scratches on on left side of covering, don't send it to service - it will be a wasting of time/

I think IT'S a warranty case because I don't find normal to have a device which can't charge and have GPS enabled at the same time, If I need to have more than 3 hours on the road I can't.

Does it exist a car charger only for the liquid ? I don't think it's necessary to use a model specific because the voltage/amp is the same, but maybe I'm wrong.

I don't have any scratch on the cover so I'll send my Liquid to Acer and hope they will repair it (if there is a solution for the heating...)

Thanks!

Edited by Musabadiane

Guest Morris Lee
I think IT'S a warranty case because I don't find normal to have a device which can't charge and have GPS enabled at the same time, If I need to have more than 3 hours on the road I can't.

Does it exist a car charger only for the liquid ? I don't think it's necessary to use a model specific because the voltage/amp is the same, but maybe I'm wrong.

I don't have any scratch on the cover so I'll send my Liquid to Acer and hope they will repair it (if there is a solution for the heating...)

Thanks!

Best luck to you!

Morris Lee

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Musabadiane
Best luck to you!

Morris Lee

I have to pay 213€ to repair it (the phone cost 250€ now). I just receive the proposal in my mailbox.

I have mentioned the problem with the gps and they answer anything about that problem.. I think that the Acer support SUCKS

Guest Xquinze
I have to pay 213€ to repair it (the phone cost 250€ now). I just receive the proposal in my mailbox.

I have mentioned the problem with the gps and they answer anything about that problem.. I think that the Acer support SUCKS

C'est une histoire Belge. After-Sales is a joke in Belgium.

I'm surprised of the answers of Acer.

When i sent my phone to repair it was very quickly and efficient.

After a week the phone came back.

It's very strange, but in this case ....... italians do it better

:rolleyes:

Guest Xquinze
It's very strange, but in this case ....... italians do it better

:rolleyes:

It's frustrating that Acer has good after-sales in other countries, but knows it can get away with a really bad one in Belgium.

Edited by Xquinze

It's frustrating that Acer has good after-sales in other countries, but knows it can get away with a really bad one in Belgium.

I'm agree with you

After-sales is too much important.

Why don't you write an e-mail to Acer. In best case that's no the first one.