Once removed stock apps, now N1 fails to install 2.2.1 update

Guest Laden Morr

Guest Laden Morr

Hi all. I'm running stock Froyo with the exception of a few of the stock apps that I have deleted using Root Explorer.

Now I get an OTA update prompting me to update to 2.2.1. I say yes, it reboots, but then, during the installation, it suddenly switches to the triangle with the exclamation mark.

By getting into system recovery I noticed the error. The full extend of output is:

Finding update package...
Opening update package..
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/CarHomeGoogle.apk", [some long string that looks like a hash sum], [another different hashsum])
E: Error in /cache/091249cd019e.signed-passion-FRG83-from-FRF91-35.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted
[/codebox]

To me it looks like this may be related to my removing several of the, to me, useless stock apps (I don't even own a car - why would I want the car app?) Is this correctly understood? And if yes, is there any easy way of pushing them back or - better yet - get the update *without* those pesky stock apps?

Thanks

Edited by Laden Morr

• 1 month later...
Guest baseballfanz
Hi all. I'm running stock Froyo with the exception of a few of the stock apps that I have deleted using Root Explorer.

Now I get an OTA update prompting me to update to 2.2.1. I say yes, it reboots, but then, during the installation, it suddenly switches to the triangle with the exclamation mark.

By getting into system recovery I noticed the error. The full extend of output is:

Finding update package...
Opening update package..
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/CarHomeGoogle.apk", [some long string that looks like a hash sum], [another different hashsum])
E: Error in /cache/091249cd019e.signed-passion-FRG83-from-FRF91-35.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted
[/codebox]

To me it looks like this may be related to my removing several of the, to me, useless stock apps (I don't even own a car - why would I want the car app?) Is this correctly understood? And if yes, is there any easy way of pushing them back or - better yet - get the update *without* those pesky stock apps?

Thanks

Maybe you can put the stock ROM back on?

http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...-root-insecure/