flashable cm6.zip

Guest shamikebab

Guest shamikebab
Hi, what method did you use to create the symlinks for toolbox & busybox, or rather how did you know which files are symlinked to which? I made my own update.zip a few days ago & ended up just copying it from another rom lol! It works fine, but wondered if there was a proper way?

i used a kitchen and i am using tom cm6 image files

Guest whackster
Hi, what method did you use to create the symlinks for toolbox & busybox, or rather how did you know which files are symlinked to which? I made my own update.zip a few days ago & ended up just copying it from another rom lol! It works fine, but wondered if there was a proper way?

Use the dsixda's HTC Android Kitchen, I tried the same, and can't figure out what permissions are not setting up correctly. Couldn't get wifi to work, and some of the busybox commands weren't working. And the weird part was that all the permissions and symlinks were set up correctly...

shamikebab keep up what you're doing, I would love to know how you got wifi to work.

Could you please pastebin the update script?

Edited by whackster

Guest starkos
Use the dsixda's HTC Android Kitchen, I tried the same, and can't figure out what permissions are not setting up correctly. Couldn't get wifi to work, and some of the busybox commands weren't working. And the weird part was that all the permissions and symlinks were set up correctly...

shamikebab keep up what you're doing, I would love to know how you got wifi to work.

I had a go with the kitchen but it wouldn't give the busybox symlinks, just a script for installing busybox when flashing the update-script but that just errored using Amon RA! So I gave up & did it all manually & using symlinks from one of Paul's roms (think it was a nexus1 rom?) and everything (wifi+data) works...

Guest shamikebab

Could you please pastebin the update script?

to get the wifi working i done the following:

flashed the zip file

flashed the gapps-mdpi-20100816-signed.zip

then flashed DTAPPS2SD-2.7.5.2

then finally i flashed flbmod_v2.0_0c_kernel

the wifi work but i dont understand why the t-mobile internet does not and it was working before

Guest whackster

Huh, well there's a new kitchen which fixes some of the symlink bugs, you are using 101 I guess... As for the 3G there is a script in userdata which sets some permissions, try incorporating it, and it should work.

It's weird, 3G was working for me, and I couldn't get wifi to work... and its opposite for your rom :)

Guest starkos
to get the wifi working i done the following:

flashed the zip file

flashed the gapps-mdpi-20100816-signed.zip

then flashed DTAPPS2SD-2.7.5.2

then finally i flashed flbmod_v2.0_0c_kernel

the wifi work but i dont understand why the t-mobile internet does not and it was working before

Change

set_perm 0 3003 02755 SYSTEM:bin/netcfg
to
set_perm 0 3003 06751 SYSTEM:bin/netcfg

in the update-script

Guest starkos
Huh, well there's a new kitchen which fixes some of the symlink bugs, you are using 101 I guess... As for the 3G there is a script in userdata which sets some permissions, try incorporating it, and it should work.

It's weird, 3G was working for me, and I couldn't get wifi to work... and its opposite for your rom :)

Didn't know there was a recent update, cheers. Think I'll leave it for now as it's all working & don't wana risk messing it up lol!

Guest shamikebab

Update 3g and wifi both are working i have uploaded a zip file which has both of the fix

Guest h3dshot
Update 3g and wifi both are working i have uploaded a zip file which has both of the fix

thanks ill give it a bash, the install method will still be the same right?

Guest DanWilson
balls cm6 doesnt have a quickboot option lol, whats the key combinations for getting back into recovery? cant remember off the top of my head:P

Menu + Red

Guest igor_anta
Menu + Red

For me when I choose reboot from the phone menu, pressing the power button or holding the red one, it asks if you want to reboot, go to recovery or bootloader. So no need for quickboot. Cheers!

Guest whackster

Seriously?!

What did you change to get wifi to work?? Or did you just repack it with the kitchen?

Edited by whackster

Guest DanWilson
Seriously?!

What did you change to get wifi to work?? Or did you just repack it with the kitchen?

Wifi needed a script in the data partition. God knows how he fixed that.

Guest shamikebab
well.... he didn't.

I'm calling shenanigans! :)

Are u using the New Google download Link

Also try not to flash overclock kernel

I at work so it have the chance to look at WiFi probaly.

Guest h3dshot

hmmm tmob internet still not working for me, havent tried wifi yet.

edit wifi not working either, if its any help it didnt ask me to re-setup even after wiping, maybe uve uploaded the wrong zip?

Edited by h3dshot

Guest shamikebab
I posted the fix for data connection on the previous page in case you missed it.

thanks for the script i would use the script.

then i would update the script with the wifi fix

Guest DanWilson
well.... he didn't.

I'm calling shenanigans! :)

You haven't watched that South Park have you?

Where shenanigans was called, and an all out war started between South Park residents and the carnival people.

That was wicked,

Guest whackster

Ok, seriously what is the wifi fix?? Have you got any idea?

You haven't changed anything, other than removing filemanager.apk?? I think the kitchen is not unpacking the .img files correctly, or its missing some of the symlinks.

Please don't confuse people, atm the best thing is to flash TOM's CM6 through fastboot.