How to Recovery a bricked i900 - MONAHANS ERROR!

Guest rroberti

Guest rroberti

Hello friends ...

Do not worry your head with the damn Monahans!

All you need to do right now is just stay calm!

Do the following:

1. Because you are using Windows 7, I recommend you download the drivers from Samsung odem for Windows Vista, with this you can send the phone.bin from your computer to your phone. He can be reached in this link => http://www.4shared.com/account/file/83V36S...odem_vista.html

2. To install the drivers, unzip the files in a folder and set the file "setup.exe" to run in compatibility mode and Windows Vista as Administrator.

3. Prepare grandprix with your favorite rom, preferably the official rom from your carrier, so that you have the phone 100% operational again.

4. Make sure you put the correct pieces in the correct fields of grandprix, if you do not, will have serious problems!

5. Go to the Windows Mobile Device Center that is installed on your computer, look for the "Connection Settings" and uncheck "Allow USB connections" - this is important for the process to work properly!

6. Click the "Detect" the grandprix and the tip of a pencil for example, restart your smartphone ...

7. The first time you run the grandprix, it will install the modem drivers on your computer in short, do not worry, this process is normal!

8. Repeat step 6 ...

9. Wait for the process to finish ...

Upon completion of the process, his telepfone must be 100% operational again! If not, you may need to take your phone to a repair facility for it to be repaired using specialized hardware called JTAG!

Sorry for my English - I am Brazilian, mistress of technology! I used google translator to translate this step-by-step instructions for you to get rid of this disorder!

:)

Guest yugoport

Hello rroberti,

i already posted in the other thread ( em português ), so i managed to do all the steps you wrote, but when u reached to the grandprix part, it wont recognize my phone, besides, in device manager it wont recognize the phone as MONAHANS, it simply does not detect anything..

Am i doing something wrong?

Many thanks for your help and kindness.

Guest rroberti

Hello friend ...

I've "caused" this problem several times in my i900 testing several ROM´s version of many, not only here as I found on the internet ... at all times I managed to recover the way I posted above for you ...

I have no idea about what might be wrong, anyway, good luck to you!

Guest yugoport
Thank you for your help rroberti, i will take it to the service center..

Thank you.

update.. my computer recognizes again my phone as monahans, but when i click "detect" on grandprix, then restart phone it searches for a new driver and dont find it.. i already installed samsung vista drivers.. are you using vista or xp?

thanks

Edited by yugoport