Music Player doesn't add artists name

Guest baldie

Hi all

I've just got an LG optimus GT540. It's only costing £12 per month from the Carphone Wharehouse with free downloads 200 texts and 200 minutes (which is more than I'll use). It does some amazing stuff, but there is one irritant. When I download music on to it, no matter how I download music it doesn't identify the artists name. I've tried using the PC sync programme it doesn't recognise the album name then either, and i've copied direct onto the sd card, and sync'd it from windows media player. All the music is in WMA format. Does anybody have any suggestions and is this a common problem?

It's particularly annoying as one of the reasons for getting the phone was that I could carry alot of music around with me. Unfortunately being a sad old geezer most of my albums are called Greatest Hits.

Also I see lots of posts about upgrading to Android 2.1 from 1.6. I suspect I won't do this unless I have to, coz of the risks of ending up with a nice looking brick. But what are the benefits of 2.1 over 1.6.

Any help would be really appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
Guest add.thebad
Hi all

I've just got an LG optimus GT540. It's only costing £12 per month from the Carphone Wharehouse with free downloads 200 texts and 200 minutes (which is more than I'll use). It does some amazing stuff, but there is one irritant. When I download music on to it, no matter how I download music it doesn't identify the artists name. I've tried using the PC sync programme it doesn't recognise the album name then either, and i've copied direct onto the sd card, and sync'd it from windows media player. All the music is in WMA format. Does anybody have any suggestions and is this a common problem?

It's particularly annoying as one of the reasons for getting the phone was that I could carry alot of music around with me. Unfortunately being a sad old geezer most of my albums are called Greatest Hits.

Also I see lots of posts about upgrading to Android 2.1 from 1.6. I suspect I won't do this unless I have to, coz of the risks of ending up with a nice looking brick. But what are the benefits of 2.1 over 1.6.

Any help would be really appreciated

i would definatly go to 2.1 it might just solve your problem. Plus 2.1 is faster better looking and you will get more apps. Also speech to text and voice search as well as live wallpapers