Application not Installed

Guest TehOsiris

Guest TehOsiris

heya, i'm getting this error for certain apps, that i can tell for 100% that i was able to install and run on 2.1

these two sofar:

the schwartz unleashed

angry birds lite (the full is out now btw, unable to install either)

anyone else noticing this?

Guest Sh4d0w940
heya, i'm getting this error for certain apps, that i can tell for 100% that i was able to install and run on 2.1

these two sofar:

the schwartz unleashed

angry birds lite (the full is out now btw, unable to install either)

anyone else noticing this?

You need to mount the sd card on your pc or unmount it from your phone.

The problem is that you can't install apps on your sd with the built in froyo feature and these apps try to install there.

In CM there's also an option to install all apps to the internal memory but that's not working for me.

Sh4d0w940

Guest igor_anta
You need to mount the sd card on your pc or unmount it from your phone.

The problem is that you can't install apps on your sd with the built in froyo feature and these apps try to install there.

In CM there's also an option to install all apps to the internal memory but that's not working for me.

Sh4d0w940

Yup this method works, I just installed Angry Birds :) Cheers!

Guest jamielockeymusic
Yup this method works, I just installed Angry Birds :P Cheers!

Could you help me? Angry birds won't install for me? I have 70mb free?

Guest sbadger
Could you help me? Angry birds won't install for me? I have 70mb free?

As Sh4d0w940 says, either mount the SD card for USB storage or unmount it from the phone in Settings > Sd card & phone storage > Unmount SD Card and it should install to /data

Guest jamielockeymusic
As Sh4d0w940 says, either mount the SD card for USB storage or unmount it from the phone in Settings > Sd card & phone storage > Unmount SD Card and it should install to /data

I'm trying to install the file from sd though? What should I do?

Guest sbadger
I'm trying to install the file from sd though? What should I do?

Do you have a file manager installed on the phone? Astro, EStrong or Root Explorer? You could copy the Angry Birds .apk file to the data partition and load it from there if so.

Guest jamielockeymusic
Do you have a file manager installed on the phone? Astro, EStrong or Root Explorer? You could copy the Angry Birds .apk file to the data partition and load it from there if so.

Astro won't let me copy to any where on the phone memory?

Guest sbadger
Astro won't let me copy to any where on the phone memory?

Sorry, I thought Astro had the ability to mount as read/write.

You could try typing this in Terminal Emulator:

mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock2 /data

then try to copy the Angry Birds .apk to /data. If this doesn't work I know that Estrong File Explorer has the ability to mount the file systems as r/w, so it might be worth downloading that and trying it.

I was unable to copy the Tasker.apk file to /data with estrongs (copy failed). I am trying to install Tasker which I've paid for, but I did it directly through the developer, so I don't think I could get off the market and therefore I need to install it from the SD card. Is there another way to do this?

I am on 2.2 CM6 with a2sd, I have tried setting to install to internal only and switched off a2sd (a2sd nocache and a2sd remove). I also couldn't install swype but that's always a nightmare with new roms, and hopefully a fix for tasker will work for swype too.