Real alternative to gallery app on GT540 and Video recording app

Guest kaiserex

Guest kaiserex

Hai guys and gals!

Well I dont like the stock LG picture/photos gallery for our GT540 smartphone, so my question is: is there any good real alternative to the gallery app?? If so, please don't hesitate to post a link or 2. Ty!

Second, is there any app(s) for recording video in .mp4, cos .3gp is just old and lame. 1.6 did a nice job recording in .mp4, 2.1 sucks ball at that :-)

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Hai guys and gals!

Well I dont like the stock LG picture/photos gallery for our GT540 smartphone, so my question is: is there any good real alternative to the gallery app?? If so, please don't hesitate to post a link or 2. Ty!

Second, is there any app(s) for recording video in .mp4, cos .3gp is just old and lame. 1.6 did a nice job recording in .mp4, 2.1 sucks ball at that :-)

Not really, you've got Flan, and Cooliris, but they perform like s***...As for video recording, Welcome to the not so improved 2.1. :)

Guest kaiserex
Not really, you've got Flan, and Cooliris, but they perform like s***...As for video recording, Welcome to the not so improved 2.1. :)

How can that be? Of all the apps out there, of all the devs making there hard way to the top, and NO-one even try to do the alternative gallery app(s). Just for that matter I would pay a reasonable price ( not that I can, being in Croatia, trough regular pipeline ), and beyond that, to see a good, no scratch that, great app that can satisfied me, and my pseudo me, cos real me is like, "deal whit it", and my pseudo/alter ego if you will, is saying: no way hose, we dont like stuff to bee closed whit no choices to examine, no alternatives to choose, we will not settle down unless our desire ( and btw I do really want that phone ) is supercharged whit blatant trolling around just to see it pop in the vast territory of Android mall. On the matter of discrepancy between video recording on 1.6 and new/old recording in 2.1, I just dont get that, whats the point of making it worst then the older FW, if they one it to push the dumb user using smartphones better then there first buy than 1.6 would have .3gp and not 2.1, if you get my drift. :-)

Guest RottenFoxBreath
How can that be? Of all the apps out there, of all the devs making there hard way to the top, and NO-one even try to do the alternative gallery app(s). Just for that matter I would pay a reasonable price ( not that I can, being in Croatia, trough regular pipeline ), and beyond that, to see a good, no scratch that, great app that can satisfied me, and my pseudo me, cos real me is like, "deal whit it", and my pseudo/alter ego if you will, is saying: no way hose, we dont like stuff to bee closed whit no choices to examine, no alternatives to choose, we will not settle down unless our desire ( and btw I do really want that phone ) is supercharged whit blatant trolling around just to see it pop in the vast territory of Android mall. On the matter of discrepancy between video recording on 1.6 and new/old recording in 2.1, I just dont get that, whats the point of making it worst then the older FW, if they one it to push the dumb user using smartphones better then there first buy than 1.6 would have .3gp and not 2.1, if you get my drift. :-)

from my understanding, .3gp, and .mp4 are the same, it's the codec they use that is the issue here, and it's not as good as it was, but recording is faster, uses less resources now, and the file sizes are smaller.

I still carry a camera about with me, as years later, most phone camera's are still rubbish.

I quite like JustPictures! as a gallery alternative, so you might want to have a look at that.

As to the video recording someone at 4pda.ru has written an alternative that allows settings the format, resolution and data rate, it's called lgCamera, but I found it crashed and after I removed it the default camera app would no longer start. So only take a look if you are willing to reset and restore your phone. Hopefully the person working on it will fix the bugs, or better still LG will undo their improvements. :)

Guest RottenFoxBreath
I quite like JustPictures! as a gallery alternative, so you might want to have a look at that.

As to the video recording someone at 4pda.ru has written an alternative that allows settings the format, resolution and data rate, it's called lgCamera, but I found it crashed and after I removed it the default camera app would no longer start. So only take a look if you are willing to reset and restore your phone. Hopefully the person working on it will fix the bugs, or better still LG will undo their improvements. :)

So far though, all the roms are the same, and not only on the LG, but on other manufacturers 2.1 enabled phones.

Guest kaiserex
For Gallery check "JustPictures" in the market.

Alternative for Eclair camera is here --> http://www.4shared.com/file/rVeMNJ4Z/Camer...4_5000_new.html (It has really shitty interface but does its thing, the Video Camera is now filming like on 1.6 :) )

Waiting for Thanks ! :)

What interface? :) but thank you sir, it really does what it suppose to do ( expect playing video files, but thats no bigge ), quality is waaay better hence the size of the output file which is to be expected, still think that previously .mp4 encoder ( 1.6 ) did much better compressing the file size that is bitrate was smaller, cant confirm that :D JustPicture! works but way to laggy, read scroling, for me.

Edited by kaiserex

Guest ilovelg
What interface? :) but thank you sir, it really does what it suppose to do ( expect playing video files, but thats no bigge ), quality is waaay better hence the size of the output file which is to be expected, still think that previously .mp4 encoder ( 1.6 ) did much better compressing the file size that is bitrate was smaller, cant confirm that :) JustPicture! works but way to laggy, read scroling, for me.

Well it has only 2functions Player and Recorder... Tho Player dosnt work couse u cant see what u filmed. And theres no functions like ISO, resolution change and stuff like that while it is in Defoult Video Recorder.