Is the phone or the OS?

Guest robertdq

Guest robertdq

Every time I restart the phone the language changes to Italian although I have set it to English (UK). The phone was bought from Italy but I don't see why it remain in English and anyway after I change again the language it doesn't translate everything (i.e. in screen lock the day of the alarm remains in Italian although the date is in English).

I can't send an SMS because the text message center is missing and after I enter it it doesn't save it. It might be because the SIM card is a 125K SIM (e.g. on an LG GT350 it works fine). Same thing with MMS.

I can't choose a different ring tone for notifications other than those from Android System.

If I want to put a custom wallpaper every I have to crop it. Same thing when choosing a photo for a contact.

Should I accept these things as they are or is there a way to adjust them?

#phone: LG GT540 - Optimus

#firmware: v1.6

#kernel: v2.6.29 yogish.s@si-rd10-ubld01 #1

#software: vGT540-V10b-AUG-11-2010

Edited by robertdq

Guest Pluton15
Anyone please, a solution or some opinions /.

That is normal.

I have also Croatian Optimus and I change language in English and when i turn Off then turn On phone it comes back in Croatian.

Then I must change the language back to English.

Guest robertdq
That is normal.

I have also Croatian Optimus and I change language in English and when i turn Off then turn On phone it comes back in Croatian.

Then I must change the language back to English.

So isn't it possible to actually save the language you want? I thought Android is linux based which means freedom to do what ever you want.

Guest saeba_ryo
So isn't it possible to actually save the language you want? I thought Android is linux based which means freedom to do what ever you want.

I had the same issue with Android 1.6, the problem went away when I upgraded to phone to Android 2.1 (official upgrade for my country).

Guest robertdq
I can't choose a different ring tone for notifications other than those from Android System.

#phone: LG GT540 - Optimus

#firmware: v1.6

#kernel: v2.6.29 yogish.s@si-rd10-ubld01 #1

#software: vGT540-V10b-AUG-11-2010

Solved the ring tone for notifications. If you create a directory on sdcard named Notifications then you will be able to choose as a ring tone the files from the Notifications directory.