Locked out of phone by screen unlock patten security on San Francisco

Guest spaceman1888

Guest spaceman1888

This is the first smart phone i have owned, and only had it a week, so i am new to all this.

Hope someone can help me. My son has enabled patten the screen unlock pattern feature, and does not know what he set it to. So can't use the phone ( apart from answering call's ) Have read some other forums about getting access to the home screen when answering a call but can't get that to work.

Does anyone know how a can reset the phone, have been into Orange to tried to find out how to do a factory reset on the phone. But they have said it's not something that they can do.

Have e-mail, ZTE Corporation, but not had a reply.

The only way i have found in the manual is if i can get on the hone in the first place.

Came across this web site , and though that by using superboot and and applying the recovery.blade.stock this would reset the phone.

Is this correct or is there a better way.

Any help or advice will be greatly received.

Guest spaceman1888
This is the first smart phone i have owned, and only had it a week, so i am new to all this.

Hope someone can help me. My son has enabled patten the screen unlock pattern feature, and does not know what he set it to. So can't use the phone ( apart from answering call's ) Have read some other forums about getting access to the home screen when answering a call but can't get that to work.

Does anyone know how a can reset the phone, have been into Orange to tried to find out how to do a factory reset on the phone. But they have said it's not something that they can do.

Have e-mail, ZTE Corporation, but not had a reply.

The only way i have found in the manual is if i can get on the hone in the first place.

Came across this web site , and though that by using superboot and and applying the recovery.blade.stock this would reset the phone.

Is this correct or is there a better way.

Any help or advice will be greatly received.

Bit strange replying to my own request, but took the plunge and applied recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade, and one of the options was to wipe the data ie factory reset.

Many thanks to the guy's on the web site for having this utility available, can stop giving my Son a hardtime now and get back to using the phone and features. Though he has done me a favour as with out him doing what he did would not have found this site. Might even be brave an apply r3 to the phone.

One again thanks for been here.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sky Fire

there is an easier way, just put in the pattern in wrong 5 times, then click on Forgot Pattern?, enter in your googlemail account password, and it will ask you to put in a new pattern, then you can just go back in the settings menu and disable pattern lock

• 3 weeks later...
Guest toecaps
there is an easier way, just put in the pattern in wrong 5 times, then click on Forgot Pattern?, enter in your googlemail account password, and it will ask you to put in a new pattern, then you can just go back in the settings menu and disable pattern lock

i have got the same problem, where do i find click on forgot pattern, all i get coming up is another 5 goes after 30 seconds.

Guest toecaps

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Subotai
Bit strange replying to my own request, but took the plunge and applied recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade, and one of the options was to wipe the data ie factory reset.

Many thanks to the guy's on the web site for having this utility available, can stop giving my Son a hardtime now and get back to using the phone and features. Though he has done me a favour as with out him doing what he did would not have found this site. Might even be brave an apply r3 to the phone.

One again thanks for been here.

Hi

Could you point me to where you found this info please as I've spent around an hour and am lost. I too have the same problem you had - a pattern 'password' was put on last night and I have no idea of what it is. I found an .img of the recovery file you mention above but cannot get it to load.

Thanks,

James